9532 replies to this topic

#3856 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

........I have got to stop reading these posts when I am hungry....now, my dinner cooking out there in the kitchen ....sounds like "meh". :lol:

Did you guys see "When Harry Met Sally"--

-I'll have what she's having!!!

IH, your meal isn't exactly bland or hideous, either! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3857 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

IH, your meal isn't exactly bland or hideous, either! :P

granted, it is neither bland nor hideous, but I'd just RATHER have what YOU'RE having tonight. Hubs is no fish fan, and so, I only have it once and a while...by myself.... (or with friends who will help me eat it )
:)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3858 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

granted, it is neither bland nor hideous, but I'd just RATHER have what YOU'RE having tonight. Hubs is no fish fan, and so, I only have it once and a while...by myself.... (or with friends who will help me eat it )
:)

I would gladly come on over for fish with you any day! Since our trips overseas my husband has fallen in love with fish in a big way which makes me a happy girl. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fish (done properly).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3859 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I haven't had fish in a long time. I'd gladly eat it with ya :)

#3860 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

BACON Jam

Instruction please :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3861 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Fish fans here...hubby loves to see everyone eat his prize catches -- was nice when our boys started enjoying it rather than just saying they did to make Dad happy ;)

Guess I forgot to post last night -- yellowtail & steamed broccoli plus herb rice for men.

Tonight is Pork Chops, Glazed Carrots (no I didn't copy IH) and smashed potatoes (the smashed was copied) for men -- butternut squash fries for me.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#3862 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Butterscotch pie.....oh wow!!....(drooling...) I LOVE butterscotch.
We are having "encores".. of the bison stuffed peppers tonight. But getting no complaints, so that's good. :D

We also had a big lunch--something called a "Breakfast Scramble"
It involves eggs, cheese, sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms, home fries, and......wait for it........bacon!

My friend who owns the gluten-free cafe created it...and I replicate it (as best I can) and the hubs...loves it.
I think it is just a way to use anything in the fridge. I made it into a frittata,

The Boy Scouts call that " garbage bowl" breakfast.

:D This is what my sibs and I always called them...smashed.

Pork tenderloin with roasted shallots and a pinot noir sauce.

Glazed baby carrots

Homemade applesauce for the hubs.

Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s this week in the Great Northeast..I'll believe it when I see it.
Yesterday, it was so cold...(19) even the cat balking at going out. :unsure: and she never does that.....

70 today! We had grilled chicken with hit wing sauce for the guys, BBQ sauce for me, red skin potatoes in olive oil foil packets and carrot sticks.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3863 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

K...bbq sounds great -- might want to redo tomorrow -- is the weather we had up north headed there?

added a new chocolate mint wafer cookie to the almond arsenal -- fine tuning then I'll share - yummy, but can be improved :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#3864 M-Rods

M-Rods

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Made some pork chops using Red Mill pancake mix as flour so I would have some coating for frying them, and a good helping of baked beans.
Diagnosed Celiac Oct 26, 2012
Gluten free since Oct 29, 2012

#3865 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Digging out from another snowstorm. ARGH!!! :angry:

But I get to cook which makes me happy. :D

Tonight we are going to Thailand:

Yum Woon Sen (Spicy Glass Noodles with Crispy Pork)
Thai Marinated Cucumbers

Am also making chile oil today. :) That ought to heat things up a bit!

#3866 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Instruction please :D

Why, certainly! You absolutely MUST make this.
http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

#3867 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Holy Toledo that sounds amazing!!!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3868 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Holy Toledo that sounds amazing!!!

Oh my yes. You'd better triple the batch! I found myself eating bacon jam straight from the jar last week. It somehow managed to leap into my mouth. I couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

#3869 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Oh my yes. You'd better triple the batch! I found myself eating bacon jam straight from the jar last week. It somehow managed to leap into my mouth. I couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

:lol: I can easily see how that could happen!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3870 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Did you use balsamic or cider vinegar?

This will add nicely to my collection of Christmas gift giveaways.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: