#3871 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Did you use balsamic or cider vinegar?

This will add nicely to my collection of Christmas gift giveaways.

Balsamic but next time want to try cider. I've made other recipes before, too, but this is the simplest.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3872 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Why, certainly! You absolutely MUST make this.
http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

Triple batch sounds like a splendid idea - throw a ribbon on top and it becomes a great gift for all my bacon lovers - haven't even made it and I already know we'll need separate jars for each of my men or arguments will ensue.

Thanks L2T!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3873 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Why, certainly! You absolutely MUST make this.
http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

It says you can do it in the crockpot! You know I love my crockpot!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3874 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Triple batch sounds like a splendid idea - throw a ribbon on top and it becomes a great gift for all my bacon lovers - haven't even made it and I already know we'll need separate jars for each of my men or arguments will ensue.

Thanks L2T!

Exactly. I've tasted worse things, that is for certain. ;)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3875 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Indeed I do recall how much you love your good ol' CP! If you try it let us know - I'm curious what you would think about it.

#3876 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'm using th cp too - I imagine some big :D when they arrive home from work and school tonight to a bacon scented kitchen - no bitching about my apple/cinnamon candles today :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#3877 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

When my almost 20 year old was home for Thanksgiving, he was putting the "encore" smoked turkey on everything - encore hamburgers & pizza and nachos as well as other things he could find like salsa, BBQ sauce, bacon, red peppers, etc. We were joking that he will have a restaurant that serves 3 things with 50 topping choices - hamburgers, pizza and nachos. I think this may be one of those toppings.

Could you taste the vinegar? Probably not with all the sweets in it.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3878 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm using th cp too - I imagine some big :D when they arrive home from work and school tonight to a bacon scented kitchen - no bitching about my apple/cinnamon candles today :)

Who needs scented candles when your house can smell like bacon?

My oldest used to tell the girls in the lockers around him (in middle school), that if they really wanted to attract a boy, they wouldn't spray that perfume stuff that was floating onto him. They should smell like cookies or chocolate or bacon.

santa-dance.gif

#3879 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Who needs scented candles when your house can smell like bacon?

My oldest used to tell the girls in the lockers around him (in middle school), that if they really wanted to attract a boy, they wouldn't spray that perfume stuff that was floating onto him. They should smell like cookies or chocolate or bacon.

LOL my son said the same thing - cookies or bacon no chocolate but he'd be attracted to a choc scented gal too :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#3880 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

When my almost 20 year old was home for Thanksgiving, he was putting the "encore" smoked turkey on everything - encore hamburgers & pizza and nachos as well as other things he could find like salsa, BBQ sauce, bacon, red peppers, etc. We were joking that he will have a restaurant that serves 3 things with 50 topping choices - hamburgers, pizza and nachos. I think this may be one of those toppings.

Could you taste the vinegar? Probably not with all the sweets in it.

The vinegar just adds a lovely acidic quality that is so needed otherwise the jam would almost be cloyingly sweet. Sort of like adding salt to cookies or lemon juice when making jam, both of which are necessary.

Man, I am a condiment addict! Seriously. Make my own mustards, numerous ketchups, BBQ sauces, nuoc cham, everything except for Worcestershire and fish sauce which cannot be done. Oh, yes. Also my own vanilla extract. I just can't stop!

#3881 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

The vinegar just adds a lovely acidic quality that is so needed otherwise the jam would almost be cloyingly sweet. Sort of like adding salt to cookies or lemon juice when making jam, both of which are necessary.

Man, I am a condiment addict! Seriously. Make my own mustards, numerous ketchups, BBQ sauces, nuoc cham, everything except for Worcestershire and fish sauce which cannot be done. Oh, yes. Also my own vanilla extract. I just can't stop!

Perhaps in one of our communes, we could make this restaurant . My son would be fine with it being gluten-free. You could make the sauces to offer. We might need to go above 50 topping choices!

santa-dance.gif

#3882 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I was in a restaurant in Atlanta and they had a smoked tomato mayonnaise
for dipping french fries (french fry dipping was their thing, yay gluten-free french fries)
You think you gots a recipe for that, miss? I would DEARLY love to recreate
that, it was sooooo freaking good.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3883 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

lol!!! I actually thought of you and your crockpot when I read the recipe this morning :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3884 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I was in a restaurant in Atlanta and they had a smoked tomato mayonnaise
for dipping french fries (french fry dipping was their thing, yay gluten-free french fries)
You think you gots a recipe for that, miss? I would DEARLY love to recreate
that, it was sooooo freaking good.

Oh, yes. I could re-create that and so could you. What I would do is oven roast tomatoes with fresh thyme, season and blend with a chile en adobo and homemade mayo. I do this type of thing all the time! I almost never buy condiments or sauces or dips.

There is just something soooooo darned good about fries and dip!

#3885 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Perhaps in one of our communes, we could make this restaurant . My son would be fine with it being gluten-free. You could make the sauces to offer. We might need to go above 50 topping choices!

How many communes will we have? :lol: I'd LOVE to make the sauces and would aim for 100 choices! We could do it. Seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: