9533 replies to this topic

#3886 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

The Boy Scouts call that " garbage bowl" breakfast.

I call it everything but the kitchen sink breakfast

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3887 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

My oldest used to tell the girls in the lockers around him (in middle school), that if they really wanted to attract a boy, they wouldn't spray that perfume stuff that was floating onto him. They should smell like cookies or chocolate or bacon.

Cool. Women everywhere will be rubbing their necks with bacon slabs now. It will be "trendy".

Dinner tonight--simple (I am not feeling so spectacular today :() :

Meatloaf
Sauteed spinach
Acorn squash

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3888 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Perhaps in one of our communes, we could make this restaurant . My son would be fine with it being gluten-free. You could make the sauces to offer. We might need to go above 50 topping choices!

I'm in!

What shall we call our restaurant??

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3889 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Cool. Women everywhere will be rubbing their necks with bacon slabs now. It will be "trendy".

Dinner tonight--simple (I am not feeling so spectacular today :() :

Meatloaf
Sauteed spinach
Acorn squash

Sad that you are not feeling well today. Here are some hugs for you. (((())) Feel 'em?

Man, I LOVE meatloaf. It makes such superb leftovers encores.

The rubbing-necks-with-bacon trend has come and gone in Alberta. We're eons ahead of you. How do you think I attracted my husband? :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3890 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm in!

If its my son's restaurant, it would have to be in Colorado. Maybe besides burgers, nachos & pizzas with 100 toppings we could also add salads. Alot of those toppings are good on salad and salad dressing is good on hamburgers. Maybe some fries & baked potatoes with toppings?

Have It Your Way

Top This

Don't Go Topless (maybe a better motto than a name)

Sexy Mommas'

Bob's

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3891 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Meatloaf

With bacon on top?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#3892 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm in!

How about "As You Like It"? That is what I want to call my cooking class/home catering "business" so no one can steal it. <_< I love Shakespeare and I love food. They go hand in hand. Well, sorta. If we have 100 toppings on whatever, it would be applicable - as customers like it.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3893 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

How about "As You Like It"? That is what I want to call my cooking class/home catering "business" so no one can steal it. <_< I love Shakespeare and I love food. They go hand in hand. Well, sorta. If we have 100 toppings on whatever, it would be applicable - as customers like it.

Good! "Don't go topless!" with a picture of a topless cabana boy could be our slogan.

LTES

#3894 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Brown rice pasta with sauce of smashed butternut squash, bacon and chicken stirred through, little bit of strong cheddar on top.

Surprisingly good :)

Bacon jam would work with it too.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3895 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Why, certainly! You absolutely MUST make this.
http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

om gosh - that sounds divine!!! i'm putting it onto my "if i have time before Christmas" list :) husband/cabana boy (you guys are overthinking it lolz - they can spritz and deliver cocktails in the summer and shovel in the winter. problem solved!) filled up the freezer with venison so he is going to make deer jerky for Christmas presents. he has his own recipe and i have no idea what it is although it does contain worcestershire sauce - everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY loves it. if i can coax it out of him i will share it!!

i had about 8 pages to read to catch up with y'all. no, chicken and waffles is not a northeastern thing. never heard of it before i moved to tennessee. my youngest (the gifted and talented writer - la, la, la, la, laaaaaa..... - lolz who will probably spend the rest of her life in college therefore a messed up fafsa is in my future for a very long time!!) swears that if she ever dies and goes to heaven, she will eat chicken waffles every day. glad to hear you are ok, loves2 - i am procrastinating my next mammogram - husband doesn't mind massaging as long as boobies and 'baking' is involved ;)

glutened myself (DOH!!) on the wednesday night b4 thanxgiving (licked a ladle putting 'shared' crab dip away - cracker crumbssss!!!!) but it didn't hit until saturday when the 20 family members visiting (and 3 dogs, 1 banished cat and 2 goldfish) were beginning to drift back to their respective home states so, not so bad. i spent the rest of the week sewing and napping alternately. this week i finally felt up to cooking.

buffalo chicken meatballs w/gorgonzola dressing (celery sticks) and mac n chz soup

shrimp (manager's special! wild caught! cheaper than chicken!) saltimbocca (had prosciutto i had to use up) w/fried polenta rounds

pork paprika w/potato pancakes (he likes them better gluten-free - crispier and they reheat so well!) and fried pickled red cabbage (canned from our garden)

yakiniku w/jasmine rice and a ton of green onions (garden is still growing - green onions/scallions are as big as leeks!)

i have said good-bye to him this morning - he is off trailer-trucking. so i have some time alone to rid the fridge of 'encores' - i better get eating if i'm going to be muu-muu worthy..... :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3896 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

How do you think I attracted my husband? :lol:

I saw that bikini!!. and thanks for the hugs...just an ouchy day post physical therapy (I know you know.....) I'll live. :D

Don't Go Topless (maybe a better motto than a name)

Love it!!

With bacon on top?

silly wabbit...are you really asking me that ? of course, K ...with BA-cON!!!

How about "As You Like It"?

Fantastic!

Good! "Don't go topless!" with a picture of a topless cabana boy could be our slogan.

wearing a bacon slab for a loincloth........and he's holding a tray of margaritas?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3897 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

om gosh - that sounds divine!!! i'm putting it onto my "if i have time before Christmas" list :) husband/cabana boy (you guys are overthinking it lolz - they can spritz and deliver cocktails in the summer and shovel in the winter. problem solved!) filled up the freezer with venison so he is going to make deer jerky for Christmas presents. he has his own recipe and i have no idea what it is although it does contain worcestershire sauce - everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY loves it. if i can coax it out of him i will share it!!

i had about 8 pages to read to catch up with y'all. no, chicken and waffles is not a northeastern thing. never heard of it before i moved to tennessee. my youngest (the gifted and talented writer - la, la, la, la, laaaaaa..... - lolz who will probably spend the rest of her life in college therefore a messed up fafsa is in my future for a very long time!!) swears that if she ever dies and goes to heaven, she will eat chicken waffles every day. glad to hear you are ok, loves2 - i am procrastinating my next mammogram - husband doesn't mind massaging as long as boobies and 'baking' is involved ;)

glutened myself (DOH!!) on the wednesday night b4 thanxgiving (licked a ladle putting 'shared' crab dip away - cracker crumbssss!!!!) but it didn't hit until saturday when the 20 family members visiting (and 3 dogs, 1 banished cat and 2 goldfish) were beginning to drift back to their respective home states so, not so bad. i spent the rest of the week sewing and napping alternately. this week i finally felt up to cooking.

buffalo chicken meatballs w/gorgonzola dressing (celery sticks) and mac n chz soup

shrimp (manager's special! wild caught! cheaper than chicken!) saltimbocca (had prosciutto i had to use up) w/fried polenta rounds

pork paprika w/potato pancakes (he likes them better gluten-free - crispier and they reheat so well!) and fried pickled red cabbage (canned from our garden)

yakiniku w/jasmine rice and a ton of green onions (garden is still growing - green onions/scallions are as big as leeks!)

i have said good-bye to him this morning - he is off trailer-trucking. so i have some time alone to rid the fridge of 'encores' - i better get eating if i'm going to be muu-muu worthy..... :D

Girlfriend,
Holymotherofpearl
That is the best summary of our weeks of tomfoolery I have ever read
PLUS you posted all your dinners
PLUS you were glutened in the process!
and still managed to remember all of this stuff.....so you could write a post?

I APPLAUD YOU!!!

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3898 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wow, I went away for hours and the little clappy guy is still here and clapping. I love him.

Lamb burgers, rice, broccoli, carrots. Simple, but lovely
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3899 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Wow, I went away for hours and the little clappy guy is still here and clapping. I love him.

I am stunned frankly, because I am a techno doofus ---and anytime I try something like that...it does not work.
Glad he is still clapping. :)

I am making white pizza for the hubs and we used Bette Hagman's recipe (thank you Sylvia) I turned her onto the bread, she turned me onto the pizza dough. Cool. And God bless Bette Hagman--the queen mother of gluten free baking. (if any of you do not know who she is---read about her!)

So, we made a 4 cheese, arugula and garlic pizza....smells outrageous.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3900 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I APPLAUD YOU!!!
IH on your way to kick up your heals with the Rockettes!

Posted Image

Ok...is it just me or is this dude kinda obnoxious - he made me a bit like this dude :blink:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: