#3916 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

That's me right now. zzzzz
NYC was fab. I'm exhausted.... and it was totally worth it to go and revive our anniversary tradition.
I walked for miles, SKI--and I am none the worse for wear. Rockettes, Santa, tons of people--what's not to like? I went in St. Patrick's and said some prayers of thanks that we "came out the other side" of these past crazy 5 years. There's a devotional to St. Anthony--he is the go-to guy for help with lost causes, I am told by my friend who knows these things. So, we had a chat about helping all of us heal and get well entirely and have no more pain. Worth a shot, right?

Dinner at Craft

Wellfleet oysters, arugula salad, duck with huckleberry sauce, potatoes gratin, sauteed chard and pumpkin creme brulee.
...and some ridiculously good booze.

When they brought the menu over, at the top, it said Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. IH
How did they know?

and yes, in retrospect, that overly-enthusiastic clapping guy is a bit much. :unsure:
Sorry, guys... :lol:

Karen, shoot him please.

Posted ImagePosted Image

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3917 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Noooooo he can come and live with me :)

IH so glad you had a good time, no one deserves it more (well maybe some of the good folks here too...)

Nice to have you back x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3918 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Woah :o :o :o

Remind me never to mess with Karen! B) :lol:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3919 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

and yes, in retrospect, that overly-enthusiastic clapping guy is a bit much. :unsure:
Sorry, guys... :lol:

Karen, shoot him please.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Woah :o :o :o

Remind me never to mess with Karen! B) :lol:

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?" Posted Image

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3920 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?"

I believe it makes you The Enforcer !!!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3921 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Beef soup me thinks will be for dinner. :)

#3922 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

IH so glad you had a good time,
Nice to have you back x

Thanks so much, MW--I am feeling very grateful for the chance to do "normal things" again. Healing happens.Hang tough. xx

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?" Posted Image

Actually, it makes you a little frightening, girlfriend.
Now, "leave the gun and take the cannoli."
if you know what movie that's from, you get a free pound of bacon.

Has anyone ever seen this BACON BLOG called THE BACON SHOW?.

Posts a bacon recipe every single day. How cool is this?

http://baconshow.blogspot.com/

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3923 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

I get a free pound of bacon :)

Yay....just in time too -- making my first double batch of L2T's Bacon Jam today -- realized my secret stash of real maple syrup had been found and used up -- house should smell great today :)

Welcome Home IH! So wonderful to hear that you were kicking up your heals in grand style :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3924 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Yay....just in time too -- making my first double batch of L2T's Bacon Jam today -- realized my secret stash of real maple syrup had been found and used up -- house should smell great today :)

Welcome Home IH! So wonderful to hear that you were kicking up your heals in grand style :D

Thanks, Ski xxo

As it so happens, I am also making Bacon Jam today!!
I have had that recipe printed off for months and now, it is time.
I am using the slow cooker. Why? because I am lazy.

Later, we will be having

Beef Filets
Roasted sweet potatoes
and some other veggie as yet to be determined.

I still have to bake bread, too--we're out.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3925 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

How did your bacon jam turn out?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3926 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Extreme and utter deliciousness last night:

Seared Duck Breast with Chocolate Vinaigrette and Candied Orange Segment Bits
Potatoes Dauphinoise
Roasted Asparagus
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3927 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Tonight:

Finnish Meatballs with Homemade Lavender Jelly (Lingonberry is traditional but we don't have that at this moment)
Potato Latkes with Chives
Baja Coleslaw

#3928 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks, Ski xxo

As it so happens, I am also making Bacon Jam today!!
I have had that recipe printed off for months and now, it is time.
I am using the slow cooker. Why? because I am lazy.

Later, we will be having

Beef Filets
Roasted sweet potatoes
and some other veggie as yet to be determined.

I still have to bake bread, too--we're out.

How did your bacon jam turn out? Which recipe did you use? I have several but have yet to try every single one.

#3929 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

How did your bacon jam turn out? Which recipe did you use? I have several but have yet to try every single one.

Leite's culinaria

It's still cooking and it's filling the house with a glorious aroma. :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3930 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

How did your bacon jam turn out?

It smells heavenly -- still bubbling in the crock.

Got a beautiful fresh Christmas tree this morning - fresh pine and bacon jam wafting together is quite nice :)

Several? More to try :)

I used the one a few pages back -- think it was Tuesday or Wednesday.

bacon, onion, garlic, coffee, vinegar, brown sugar and maple syrup

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: