#3961 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Feeling a bit ill today so....
Kirkland pulled pork which I put a bottle of Stubbs bbq sauce on and some ore ida fries.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3962 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

My men had breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs and waffles topped with........yep RBJ!

I had chicken, broccoli slaw, onion, garlic quick fry with carrot/garlic sauce.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3963 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Tonight I am making:

Lamb Ribs with Spice Rub and Sweet and Spicy Sauce (they will be very, very sticky and gooey)
Hasselback Potatoes with Bay and Garlic
Spicy Sauteed Corn with Scallions
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3964 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Lamb Ribs with Spice Rub and Sweet and Spicy Sauce (they will be very, very sticky and gooey)

Posted Image

and you all thought the clapping guy with the big teeth was creepy.....drooly guy is worse.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3965 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

and you all thought the clapping guy with the big teeth was creepy.....drooly guy is worse.

:lol: Oh, IH. Where the heck do you find these things? He's scaring me. :(

You should see and smell the ribs. Lamb ribs are amazing. Not tons of meat but I LOVE gnawing on the bones, too.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3966 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

:lol: Oh, IH. Where the heck do you find these things? He's scaring me. :(

You should see and smell the ribs. Lamb ribs are amazing. Not tons of meat but I LOVE gnawing on the bones, too.

Now, see THIS type of description is what provokes that drooling, honey.
oh, do not be scared. Karen can always shoot him.

The ribs sound outrageous. I LOVE lamb. Enjoy!

Dinner tonight (coincidentally)

Lamb patties
Sauteed Chard
Roasted baby potatoes

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3967 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Now, see THIS type of description is what provokes that drooling, honey.
oh, do not be scared. Karen can always shoot him.

The ribs sound outrageous. I LOVE lamb. Enjoy!

Dinner tonight (coincidentally)

Lamb patties
Sauteed Chard
Roasted baby potatoes

Karen, please help! That guy is scaring me.

IH, obviously great minds are thinking alike tonight! I, too, love lamb. I made a batch of the delicious sauce and about 1/3 of it is already in my gut (it didn't quite make it to the lamb). I am a condiment and sauce animal! :lol:

#3968 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

. I am a condiment and sauce animal! :lol:

No, really?? Because none of us would have ever known that! :lol: Do you know how many happy C and S- eating fans you have?
And the "RBJ" redunkulous bacon jam (ask SKI LISA) is making the rounds from coast to coast (literally)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3969 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Some hard cider and BIG baked potato with butter....some cheese and crackers....it's a carb night! With a little dairy ;) Can I use the cider as fruit?
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#3970 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Karen, please help! That guy is scaring me.

I could blow him up?

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3971 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I had my latest food obsession....Del Real Chicken Tamales. With lettuce, tomato and some salsa. Really good.

#3972 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

No, really?? Because none of us would have ever known that! :lol: Do you know how many happy C and S- eating fans you have?
And the "RBJ" redunkulous bacon jam (ask SKI LISA) is making the rounds from coast to coast (literally)

I guess sometimes I state the obvious, huh? :blink: C&S fans - I like it! :P
That's great news about the bacon jam. There is a REASON that it is making the rounds! Wonder if there is anyone who dislikes bacon?

#3973 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

The only dislikeable bacons are baaaad bacon, and bacon with gluten :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3974 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

That's great news about the bacon jam. There is a REASON that it is making the rounds! Wonder if there is anyone who dislikes bacon?

My baby cousin who was about 1 1/2 at the time spit out bacon and wouldn't try it again. I promptly took the opportunity to point out to my husband that it is his blood relation, not mine. Seriously, who spits bacon out?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3975 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

My baby cousin who was about 1 1/2 at the time spit out bacon and wouldn't try it again. I promptly took the opportunity to point out to my husband that it is his blood relation, not mine. Seriously, who spits bacon out?

LMAO!!!!

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: