This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Rice lamb mushrooms red peppers.

Too busy to cook anything fancy, having too much fun :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

With us around, we'd probably hurt ourselves trying to get the bread. I'll save myself the injury and embarrassment and just stay home. :ph34r:

right?  because we are so *stealth*   :lol:  i would say, ok, just forget it.....  but then she posts this:

It WAS delicious. Nice brown and tall loaf slathered with a thick layer of ruby red sweet yet tart jam. Yumzz is right!

and i think she is just askin' for trouble.  and bread with jam thieves.  geez, love2, nothing like a little 'foody talkin'  to push us right over the edge lolz - you can defeat us easily, though - just turn on the air conditioner, we'll freeze up like houseflies LOLZ   :P

love2travel Mentor

right?  because we are so *stealth*   :lol:  i would say, ok, just forget it.....  but then she posts this:

and i think she is just askin' for trouble.  and bread with jam thieves.  geez, love2, nothing like a little 'foody talkin'  to push us right over the edge lolz - you can defeat us easily, though - just turn on the air conditioner, we'll freeze up like houseflies LOLZ   :P

Man, I wish I could do emoticons on this thinger. Guess what I had this morning? Encore of the aforementioned bread and jam. Just can't help it!!

You are brilliantly funny. Love your sense of humour! :-) Just watch what you say or I'll zap ya with AC!

Adalaide Mentor

Man, I wish I could do emoticons on this thinger. Guess what I had this morning? Encore of the aforementioned bread and jam. Just can't help it!!

You are brilliantly funny. Love your sense of humour! :-) Just watch what you say or I'll zap ya with AC!

You won't even need to. Before you know what's even going on it'll be like 2 degrees there again, maybe even before we get there. I'm not going anywhere near you and your arctic circle living! :lol:

I kept asking my husband what he wants for supper and he didn't know. Then he texted me after he got to work and told me In N Out. Not arguing. Now I'm just trying to stay glued to my chair without bouncing around like a 3 year old while I wait for him to get home in half an hour. The only hard part will be deciding what kind of shake to have.

Adalaide Mentor

Apparently my husband's boss thought it would be hilarious (or something) to schedule him for three days coming into work at like 5 or 6 in the morning. Which means we get up at like 3 or 4 for him to get ready. Not my idea of fun times. <_<

So it is almost 7:30, I've already got a pork roast in the crockpot for pulled pork for dinner. Been to the store to pick up buns which are on sale. (SCORE!) And now am going to have to figure out how to keep myself awake until 2:30, which will be dinner time. I found some yellow seedless watermelons on sale while I was out so grabbed one of those to go with dinner. I haven't had a yellow one in years, I love them tons more than the regular red ones but my husband always looks like he's about to have a stroke when he sees the price. :lol: Have no idea what sort of veggies there will be. Maybe just french fries or something equally easy.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Lentil patties, sweet potato puree, roast potato and pumpkin, steamed broccoli and carrot.

love2travel Mentor

Bangers (Cumberland sausages)

Mash (whipped buttery potatoes)

Steamed broccoli

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Totally easy cheating supper tonight. More pulled pork sandwiches and corn. We picked up some red corn at the store yesterday because we had never seen any before. It was really good! Really different than anything else either of us have ever had before but we're thinking maybe we'll plant some next year.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

My mother made a balsamic garlic chicken in the crockpot (fantastic) and

shredded beet/carrot coleslaw. MMMMMMM......

Adalaide Mentor

So I know this will sound a little off and my husband always has a joke to crack, but when I labeled my Chinese chicken recipe for my recipe book I labeled it Chinese chicken balls. Anyway, that is what is for supper, with orange sauce. Hopefully I am still able to tolerate the sauce, it has been a long time since we made this. It only has a few tablespoons of orange juice and I did okay with it last time. Crossing my fingers. I'll make brown rice because that is the kind we have. And I think in the bottom of the freezer I have veggies to stir fry the rice (mine anyway) to make it a little more exciting.

notme Experienced

last night i made creamy roasted tomato & garlic soup - tonight is squash lasagne w/salad & maybe bread for the gluteneaters.  

Adalaide Mentor

maybe bread for the gluteneaters.  

You should make them amuse you for it. Song and dance or some such.

w8in4dave Community Regular

Ok my second time with gluten free noodles :) I loved them!! Hubbs wanted Tuna casserole soI got the Gluten noodles down, there was not enuf !So he grabbed the Gluten Free noodles and I said .. those are gluten free . He said so what! I said well the last ones were nasty!! But these were a different kind!! So I said just do it!! So I made it with Gluten free noodles I had some Gluten free Crm of something soup and some good cheese :) It turned out wonderful!! Hubbs loved it I loved it!! I was sooo happy about those noodles! The brand?? Hmmm let me get thru this fog.. Tynaka? Or some something Rice noodles :) Thanks for the tips everyone!! I will never be afraid again!! 

love2travel Mentor

Creamy ricotta, homemade basil pesto and speck tartine

Baby greens, peppered almonds, Parmesan shards and orange raspberry vinaigrette

Chocolate crepes

notme Experienced

at this point, i would even settle for a silly hat  <_<

The brand?? Hmmm let me get thru this fog.. Tynaka? Or some something Rice noodles :) Thanks for the tips everyone!! I will never be afraid again!! 

tinkyada  :)  they are awesome!

Creamy ricotta, homemade basil pesto and speck tartine

Baby greens, peppered almonds, Parmesan shards and orange raspberry vinaigrette

Chocolate crepes

as usual, love2, i am drooling - although, it took me a second to remember what speck is ^_^   

howlnmad Newbie

Mr Bojangles has lost his baggy pants. <_<

notme Experienced

Mr Bojangles has lost his baggy pants. <_<

but almost all your hats are silly, so, you got that going for you   :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

Look at that. Men without pants sure know how to kill a party. :lol:

Tonight we're having pork chops with some sort of veggie thing and apple fries. Not just apples cut up into sticks, but actually deep fried and then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Its basically like eating straight pie filling, only somehow better. I keep going back and forth on some Brazilian cheese bread. I feel like something bready. Maybe some hot water corn bread if I don't do that... may as well go full on heart attack dinner, right? :ph34r:

notme Experienced

Look at that. Men without pants sure know how to kill a party. :lol:

right??!!  and you would think the opposite.  now, sideways opposite is 'men without hats'  <and that is the name of an 80's band, so......

anyways, drooling over apples now.  it sucks because:  I HAS APPLES.  but i'm already in not cooking mode  ^_^

i had dinner with the lions club tonight - i think i'm gonna sign up (but not eat their dinners!  can you say gaaaa-raaavy all over everything lolz - i sat with my "dads" from church and told them what i wasn't eating...)  i brought some leftovers in a thingy.  they made fun of me.  i didn't care  :P

then they busted out the peach cobbler.......  things were looking grim.......  then  POW!  cookies from my bag!   :D  i even brought an almond horn from the freezer.  victory is mine   ;)

kareng Grand Master

My mother made a balsamic garlic chicken in the crockpot (fantastic) and

shredded beet/carrot coleslaw. MMMMMMM......

I made that tonight! With some Lundberg rice mix and green beans.

notme Experienced

I made that tonight! With some Lundberg rice mix and green beans.

which recipe - i just googlied that (sounds delicious!) and a whole bunch of different ones came up :)  did you get it off the interwebs?

kareng Grand Master

which recipe - i just googlied that (sounds delicious!) and a whole bunch of different ones came up :)  did you get it off the interwebs?

Was posted on Facebook. I'm assuming that is the one Bunny's mom used. I found with my crockpot, I would cook it on low not high.

Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

2 teaspoons dried minced onion

4 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 24 ounces) or breasts

sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley

Directions

Combine the first five dry spices in a small bowl and spread over chicken on both sides. Set aside. Pour olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top. Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Sprinkle with fresh parsley on top to serve.

Nutrition Info

Servings: 8* Calories per serving: 133* Fat: 5g* Cholesterol: 70mg* Sodium: 222mg* Carbs: 4g* Fiber: 0g* Sugars: 3g* Protein: 17g* Points+: 6*

Be sure to SHARE to SAVE the recipe.

Join us here for more healthy recipes, tips and ideas: Tasha's Skinny Friends - Weight Loss Support Group

notme Experienced

thank you!  sounds YUMZ and really easy :)  i just picked up chicken (bogo sale) yesterday, so i will have to pull some out of the freezer - perfect timing  :D

Adalaide Mentor

I was a member of the Lions back in PA. I haven't joined here, idk why. It was so much fun! They do the coolest stuff. And the district I lived in is where that camp is that kids from all over the country go to. They do ones for kids with particular types of cancer or diseases or disabilities and we were super involved with that. It was incredibly awesome... and I have NO IDEA what that camp was called lol.

That chicken looks so idiot proof even I could do it!

notme Experienced

I was a member of the Lions back in PA. I haven't joined here, idk why. It was so much fun! They do the coolest stuff. And the district I lived in is where that camp is that kids from all over the country go to. They do ones for kids with particular types of cancer or diseases or disabilities and we were super involved with that. It was incredibly awesome... and I have NO IDEA what that camp was called lol.

That chicken looks so idiot proof even I could do it!

they are looking for ideas for projects, etc. - i have some but i don't know whether it will fit their agenda.  we shall find out  :)  i knew alot of the members already from stuff i have done around town.  really neat group.  i love forward thinkers, too.  they developed the county park back in the day - i did not know that.  

making the chicken tonight :D  i has taters and probably make yellow squash ribbons to go with.  or a cherry tomato salad.