9578 replies to this topic

#391 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Sometimes for parties we do a spring roll bar. Just put out dishes of fillings, a plate of the wrappers and a pan full of warm water and everyone makes their own. It's pretty easy to prepare and a unique treat that people don't even think about it being "special diet" food.

I like mango in mine and dipped in a sweet chili sauce.

What a great idea! I've done taco bars and loaded baked potatoes bars before. I'm going to have to try this next party. My only prblem is I don't know how to make very many types of sauces yet for dipping. I make a spicy peanut butter based sauce and a faux soy-ginger-honey sauce using coconut aminos instead of soy. I will have to figure out how to make a sweet chili sauce next. Do you happen to have a recipe or do you use bottled? I wish I could find more bottled Asian sauces that are dairy/soy/gluten AND seafood free. I can eat fish but I don't risk any sauce with fish in it because sometimes they can be shellfish based. One of these days I'm going to try making my own fish sauce.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#392 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

scratch minestrone soup and buttermilk biscuits (best I've made yet!!)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#393 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Tonight I made 'Salmon with White Chocolate Sauce'. Served it with fresh asparagus. The recipe is on a site called cacaoweb. The recipe is easy and fun to serve. I did not have any fish broth so I just used chicken broth. Worked fine. I used cornstarch in place of the flour. I mixed the cornstarch in a little cold water when I added it.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#394 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Now mole and cooking nonsweet with chocolate is something I've always been afraid to try :unsure:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#395 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Now mole and cooking nonsweet with chocolate is something I've always been afraid to try :unsure:

I've put chocolate in chili before but nothing else til last week. I did an 'Everything Chocolate' Dinner Party: Chocolate Covered Bacon, Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Balsamic Dressing, Chocolate Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa and of course a Chocolate Shamrock Cake (yellow cake with mint, topped with Hot Fudge Sauce and whipped cream). I was surprised at how good the Flank steak and salad were. Go ahead and try something. I found all the recipes online.
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
2000-osteopenia
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#396 Teri Lou

Teri Lou

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

Tonight we're having Sweet and Sour Chicken stir fry with broccoli, mushrooms, and pineapple over rice. YUM!

#397 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Stuffed Pepper Casserole. When I made it last I made enough for the freezer. I need to clean and inventory the freezer so I'm trying to just eat out of the freezer this week.

recipe here:
http://www.celiac.co...015#entry679015
2000-osteopenia

#398 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

Pork Chops Brined in Apple Cider, Juniper and Vanilla Bean with Caramelized Onion Apricot Chutney
White Rice Infused with Apple
Leek Gruyere Gratin
Double Layer Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Buttercream
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#399 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Tonight I fixed oven-fried chicken using Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri (Crispy Southern Style) and Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries.

I would never have thought of using that type of breading but read it in Living Gluten-Free for Dummies (Danna Korn).
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#400 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Brined Pork (as in same as last night) but with an apricot Dijon pan sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
Mushy Peas with Mint
and Coconut Layer Cake
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#401 gobiltygook

gobiltygook

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

*Crock pot cooked chicken breasts (frozen/fresh are both OK) in salsa and taco seasoning and a little chix stock

Food for Life Tortillas
Rice, brown
Shredded chix

Corn
-Maybe another veg if kids want

#402 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

I was going to do Fried Fish Sandwich with Wasabi Coleslaw but a number of people on another forum were fixing Tacos. So tonight will be Taco Rice. I love the stuff. I got the idea off of The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen. Search for "Okinawan Takoraisu". I personally just make taco fixings and put on rice. I do not do the soy sauce. I'm sure it's good using the recipe too.
2000-osteopenia

#403 Teri Lou

Teri Lou

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Mixed Bean and Pea soup with Ham....will throw in some veggies to so the whole meal will be done in one pot

#404 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

Chicken and rice soup with spinach and Love2travel's Focaccia bread: http://www.celiac.co..._15#entry683475

:)
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#405 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Pot roast with gravy, mashed potatoes, and carrots with maple syrup and cinnamon.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: