9633 replies to this topic

#4036 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

:) It's about midnight now and I just put all the cookies away and I really wanted to eat at least one of them. Hubby tried them and said they were yummy.

I'll bet. :) You have excellent willpower. I always taste everything I make (I have to make sure it's "okay")

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4037 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'll bet. :) You have excellent willpower. I always taste everything I make (I have to make sure it's "okay")

This has been very difficult of late -- I never realized how much I tested the food I cook. I've learned to use the "testers" living with me -- but am still nervous when I entertain -- hard not knowing that it tastes good.

Absolutely sure that RBJ tastes fantastic -- and have decided this shall be my Christmas Day dessert -- just for me once the day's festivities are done -- I'm having dreams of tasting the magic potion :) Everyone else has requested it as one of our snacks earlier in the day.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4038 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I wish, it's not so much willpower as having to watch my sugar intake. I have my hubby do the tasting for me. Today I'm making the brownies and golden kolacky for christmas so I am just adding chicken to last nights noodles and green beans.

#4039 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Men = Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy & Peas.....Peppermint Fudge and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream -- Thanks Alex :)
Me = Turkey, Mashed Sweet Potato & Asparagus....."my" Chocolate Mousse Type Substance

YUMMY :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4040 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I wish, it's not so much willpower as having to watch my sugar intake. I have my hubby do the tasting for me.

I've got an eager hubby taste-tester, too.(and I need to watch my sugar intake as well) Good thing they are so willing. :)

We had a little dinner party last night and I am beat so, it's a bunch of "encores" to pick from:
--crostinis with goat cheese and roasted, marinated peppers
--antipasta platter
--shrimp cocktail
--beef tenderloin
--the salmon is gone (I let my cat have it :D)
--potatoes gratin with 3 cheeses

and I know Karen wants to know this:

--Tiramisu

I have to say, I cheated and used Scharr ladyfingers, rather than make my own, and they worked out very well.
I soaked them in the espresso syrup instead of just brushing it on. Softened them up just fine. I let it cure overnight
and topped with sweetened whipped cream and dusted the whole thing with cocoa powder, cinnamon and shaved chocolate curls.

NOTE TO LOVE 2 and SKI :

The redunkulous bacon jam (RBJ) was a huge hit and I gave some to my friend as a gift. She agreed with me---crazy good on the beef.

Never got to trimming the tree, it's still Naked, but the tree skirt draped around it with the cat happily snoozing on it was "good enough".
I'll do it tomorrow...maybe

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4041 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I think we all need one of these:

http://www.cafepress...CFQSg4Aod_HwAmg

I just emailed Santa with my request.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4042 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hahaha :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4043 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hahaha :)

:lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4044 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

--Tiramisu

I have to say, I cheated and used Scharr ladyfingers, rather than make my own, and they worked out very well.
I soaked them in the espresso syrup instead of just brushing it on. Softened them up just fine. I let it cure overnight
and topped with sweetened whipped cream and dusted the whole thing with cocoa powder, cinnamon and shaved chocolate curls.

I won't even notice that you didn't make your own cookies. I'M ON MY WAY!!!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4045 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think we all need one of these:

http://www.cafepress...CFQSg4Aod_HwAmg

I just emailed Santa with my request.

I sent that link to Santa on the slopes of Vail! He was looking for an cute apron for me, not sure if he already got one. Not sure if this can get here in time. We should all order one and freak Cafe Press out!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4046 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I ate a piece of my coffee cake for dinner :ph34r: I have no regrets

#4047 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I won't even notice that you didn't make your own cookies. I'M ON MY WAY!!!

If'n I could find a way to ship this to you right now, hon, you know I would.

But, you can make it yourself...it's easy peasy :) I posted the recipe on here.
Just type in Tiramisu....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4048 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I sent that link to Santa on the slopes of Vail! He was looking for an cute apron for me, not sure if he already got one. Not sure if this can get here in time. We should all order one and freak Cafe Press out!

It could be a New Year's present :)
........and yes, if we all hit them with orders, they may wonder what the Sam Hill is going on.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4049 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

If'n I could find a way to ship this to you right now, hon, you know I would.

But, you can make it yourself...it's easy peasy :) I posted the recipe on here.
Just type in Tiramisu....

Oh, I remember. I'm still debating what to do for my birthday. Tiramisu... pink champagne cake.... key lime cake... just go out for red velvet cupcakes... I don't know!!! I'd have all of them but someone hasn't come through on the muumuus yet. ;)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4050 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Made coconut-herbed pizza with cherry-tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic, baby romaine and jumbo shrimp. Not bad, for a first time, but a pizza in a brownie pan is a bit sad.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: