This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

w8in4dave Community Regular

Well hubbs and the glutenizers had Chinese ... OMG it smelled so good!! But lucky me!! I had already made some rice earlier , bought some shrimp had some summer squash, so I made a lil stir fry for us gluten-free'ers I fried the shrimo 1st coated it with some gluten-free flour fried it and :) dinner it was :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

Well hubbs and the glutenizers had Chinese ... OMG it smelled so good!! But lucky me!! I had already made some rice earlier , bought some shrimp had some summer squash, so I made a lil stir fry for us gluten-free'ers I fried the shrimo 1st coated it with some gluten-free flour fried it and :) dinner it was :)

Have you discovered San-J soy sauces? They are gluten-free and they have Teyaki and spicy peanut. You can find them at lots of places like Target and groceries.

Don't know if you have a PF Chang's or a Pei Wei where you live? They are the same company and do a really goo job with gluten-free. Pei Wei is a bit limited but I love the Spicy Shrimp.

kareng Grand Master

Looks like we are having:

Corn bread crust Mexican chicken pizza, jalapeños stuffed with green onions, cream cheese and apple and wrapped in bacon, cantelope and chocolate PB cream cheese candy balls.

Everything turned out delicious!

love2travel Mentor

Cassoulet. Need I say more?

Adalaide Mentor

Cassoulet. Need I say more?

Possibly what time to be there. :P

love2travel Mentor

Possibly what time to be there. :P

Funny girl. If you could possubly make it by 1900, I would be much obliged.

love2travel Mentor

Funny girl. If you could possibly make it by 1900, I would be much obliged.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Ok. This is dumb. You get the idea!

Adalaide Mentor

I got the idea. Of course, once you start mixing military time with time zones I'm beyond confused so I probably missed dinner. I suppose that is for the best though since if I skip out of town on my husband's birthday he may never forgive me. :lol:

I'm still waiting for a text so he can tell me if I'm making some sort of chicken stir fry or if he's ordering pizza. If he does, I picked up some frozen pizzas and Costco this week for a really good price that I'll try. Pizza is his favorite food ever so it'll probably be the pizza. We have plans to celebrate on Wednesday with a trip up to the city.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm making chicken soup :)

come dance with me Enthusiast

Tonight is roast night.  Lentil patties with a variety of roasted veges and grilled broccolini with sesame seeds.

Adalaide Mentor

I love me some roasted veggies. Nothing makes them quite so perfectly yummy as roasting. :wub:

Just got a text, looks like its pizza for dinner. I am not surprised. I already cooked the rice, which is good because it fries better the next day so it'll be better this way. I guess I need to go preheat the oven so I can cook my pizza. His will either be Pizza Hut or this really awesome local joint that also makes something called garlic knots that are (or well used to be...) to die for. Whatever. Pizza and Grey's Anatomy coming right up. :D

love2travel Mentor

Grilled corn on the cob with garlic chive butter

Hasselback potatoes with garlic and bay

Steamed green beans

Juniper brined chicken thighs, grilled, with homemade salsa fresca

shadowicewolf Proficient

Left over soup and.... some cake.... :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

I've been thinking about making a cake. I don't really need a cake, but it sure sounds like a good idea. :D

Tonight we're having a peppercorn pork loin with stir fried rice and some sort of veggie. I suppose since my husband has some sort of almost religious conviction against veggies and doesn't like stir fried rice that I may just make him garlic potatoes.

shadowicewolf Proficient

The cake was good :)

GF Lover Rising Star

Umm...Popcorn for dinner.

I would pay top dollar for a dinner in the mail from Love2.

moniego Newbie

3 Tbsp butter

1 cup rice

1 small onion, diced

1 tsp minced garlic

1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, diced

1/2 cup raisings

1 1/2 cup chicken broth

Saute ingredients in melted butter for 5 minutes, add chicken broth, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.

:)

GottaSki Mentor

Ski finally checkin in-- been MIA literally :(

Thanks everyone for the love :wub: ....trying really hard to get over this latest flare from hell and know better than to hope docs will ever figure out why this keeps happening to me -- thankful that I had a good 10 months without major flare -- so here's hoping I'm at the end of this sucky-ness!

Have cooked nothing for weeks...hubs has taken care of the men while we tried to find food I could tolerate.  For now I'm sticking with green smoothies, tea, soup and small amounts of meat/vegies....boring, but seems to be helping as I have some brain power back.  

I've been following the thread at times, but honestly my brain didn't process much of it.

Addie - sorry you were in pain!!!  Glad you are feeling better

Colleen - Great to see you...I'm jealous of popcorn for dinner...used to do that every so often back in the day and I miss POPCORN ;)

Irish -- can't believe your move moved along while I was froggy -- can't wait to talk more.

Marylyn - think I read you were tested and don't have diabetes -- great :)

Can't remember much else that I missed...so on to tomorrow -- hopefully another good day!

notme Experienced

Looks like we are having:

Corn bread crust Mexican chicken pizza, jalapeños stuffed with green onions, cream cheese and apple and wrapped in bacon, cantelope and chocolate PB cream cheese candy balls.

i read this menu to the husband and he said:  oh.  that's where you get it from LOLZ  (and be forthcoming with the chocolate pb cream cheese candy balls recipe :D )

tonight (i am still making it because we literally just got home from nc)  

pasta

with sausage, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, parmesan chz & mozzarella it is baking now.  i hope it turns out ok, as the chinese food place is closed hahaha

still have to put his lunches and dinners together because he will be gone all of this week.  i'm so spoiled anymore having him home so much, i'm like "boo hoo" - but i used to do a week standing on my head.....  with one hand tied behind my back....  hopping on one food (you get the gist lolz)  i'm wimpy!   :lol:

kareng Grand Master

i read this menu to the husband and he said:  oh.  that's where you get it from LOLZ  (and be forthcoming with the chocolate pb cream cheese candy balls recipe :D )

tonight (i am still making it because we literally just got home from nc)  

pasta

with sausage, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, parmesan chz & mozzarella it is baking now.  i hope it turns out ok, as the chinese food place is closed hahaha

still have to put his lunches and dinners together because he will be gone all of this week.  i'm so spoiled anymore having him home so much, i'm like "boo hoo" - but i used to do a week standing on my head.....  with one hand tied behind my back....  hopping on one food (you get the gist lolz)  i'm wimpy!   :lol:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Surprising-Cream-Cheese-Truffles-Clinton-Kelly

I made them all with the Pb so I doubled the Pb. I made them with the melon baller but I let the bottom be flat so they don't roll around. Next time I would make the balls and put them on a tray and freeze before adding the melted chocolate. They are soft at fridge temp so it was hard to dip them. I ended up just putting a spoonful of the melted choc on top and pushing it down the sides.

notme Experienced

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Surprising-Cream-Cheese-Truffles-Clinton-Kelly

I made them all with the Pb so I doubled the Pb. I made them with the melon baller but I let the bottom be flat so they don't roll around. Next time I would make the balls and put them on a tray and freeze before adding the melted chocolate. They are soft at fridge temp so it was hard to dip them. I ended up just putting a spoonful of the melted choc on top and pushing it down the sides.

yummy yumz yummmy :)  thank you, dahhhling!  (omgosh you can roll them in crushed pretzels!)  well, i should have a little time on my hands this week......  and chocolate and peanut butter!   :P

kareng Grand Master

yummy yumz yummmy :)  thank you, dahhhling!  (omgosh you can roll them in crushed pretzels!)  well, i should have a little time on my hands this week......  and chocolate and peanut butter!   :P

Put the chocolate shell on them. They stay soft in the middle in the fridge and that hard outside and soft inside.......

Adalaide Mentor

Ski finally checkin in-- been MIA literally :(

Thanks everyone for the love :wub: ....trying really hard to get over this latest flare from hell and know better than to hope docs will ever figure out why this keeps happening to me -- thankful that I had a good 10 months without major flare -- so here's hoping I'm at the end of this sucky-ness!

Have cooked nothing for weeks...hubs has taken care of the men while we tried to find food I could tolerate.  For now I'm sticking with green smoothies, tea, soup and small amounts of meat/vegies....boring, but seems to be helping as I have some brain power back.  

I've been following the thread at times, but honestly my brain didn't process much of it.

Addie - sorry you were in pain!!!  Glad you are feeling better

Colleen - Great to see you...I'm jealous of popcorn for dinner...used to do that every so often back in the day and I miss POPCORN ;)

Irish -- can't believe your move moved along while I was froggy -- can't wait to talk more.

Marylyn - think I read you were tested and don't have diabetes -- great :)

Can't remember much else that I missed...so on to tomorrow -- hopefully another good day!

YAY! You're back. :lol: Glad you're feeling up to being up again. You've been missed. :wub:

come dance with me Enthusiast

Bangers and mash tonight :)