This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

shadowicewolf Proficient

Someone is having a good night!

I still feel weird saying this as justification for doing things. I act like I'm 5 as much as I act my age so I'm not sure I should be allowed to say it. I also play more video games than most teenagers.

So, I stopped at Wal-Mart for the cheese I need for dinner, which is dangerous because I should never be allowed in that store alone. For some reason I meandered down the baking aisle, it still draws me like a moth to a flame. And they had a zoo animal Jello Jiggler mold with a giraffe! There are other animals and stuff but w/e. GIRAFFE! So naturally I bought one. Like I said, I shouldn't be allowed in that store alone. I have absolutely no self control. My husband is going to tell me I didn't need it. But obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about. Now I can eat giraffe shaped jello instead of blob shaped jello. Totally worth $3.

I'm a video game player as well  B) 

Beef soup with mushrooms and carrots and whatever else i think of to add to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I still feel weird saying this as justification for doing things. 

I think it is better than being a "GROAN up". :lol:

and I think giraffe jello jigglers are fantastic. How can you eat that food dye though? it does not bother you? :unsure: it makes me feel icky.

shadowicewolf Proficient

and I think giraffe jello jigglers are fantastic. How can you eat that food dye though? it does not bother you? :unsure: it makes me feel icky.

I was wondering about that the other day at the store. Do they sell any puddings without food coloring in them? :wacko:

Adalaide Mentor

It'll be fine... it's giraffe shaped.

Stop looking at me like that.

Adalaide Mentor

I was wondering about that the other day at the store. Do they sell any puddings without food coloring in them? :wacko:

I make all of my pudding from scratch. Like with cornstarch and flavoring and etc... etc....

I could probably do that with jello if I weren't so lazy by buying unflavored gelatin and just adding whatever flavor I want and not adding color, or using natural colors. And you can only get the mold by buying it with the 2 packs of jello it comes with.

GF Lover Rising Star

I suspect you have good news, then?  ;) I say "slainte" as I raise my glass...Gaelic for "to your good health". xx

And slainte right back at ya.  I managed some peanut butter toast and Babe (my name for hubs) is making me cookies :D

My good news is ... regarding my cancer check up ... "no definitive progression of metastatic activity"  which means the cancer has not gone any further than the initial lymph nodes at this time.  :D  :D

Giraffe jigglers ... just saying that scares me :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

The tapioca and rice  puddings by Kozy Shack are pretty good.

but you can whip this up in no time:

DARK CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup sugar

• 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S DARK Cocoa

• 3 tablespoons cornstarch

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 2-1/4 cups milk

• 1 egg yolk

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

1. Combine sugar, coca, cornstarch and salt in a medium sauce pan. Whisk in milk. Add egg yolk. Turn heat to medium and let the mixture come to a boil while whisking very often. Let boil for one minute then remove from heat.

2. Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

And slainte right back at ya.  I managed some peanut butter toast and Babe (my name for hubs) is making me cookies :D

My good news is ... regarding my cancer check up ... "no definitive progression of metastatic activity"  which means the cancer has not gone any further than the initial lymph nodes at this time.  :D  :D

I am beyond happy for you, sweets. This is fabulous news, my friend!!! :wub:

IrishHeart Veteran

It'll be fine... it's giraffe shaped.

Stop looking at me like that.

spying-smiley-emoticon.gif

Adalaide Mentor

Giraffe jigglers ... just saying that scares me :ph34r:

That is awesome news! We should all celebrate a little for you tonight.

celebrate.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

That is awesome news! We should all celebrate a little for you tonight.

celebrate.gif

I certainly am!!

LauraTX Rising Star

Today was a rainy day and I made beef stew... mmmmmm... tomorrow will be rainy as well and a perfect day for the leftovers :)

Adalaide Mentor

My casserole was delicious. My husband wouldn't touch it. I suppose I committed some sort of super serious culinary sin though. I thought I had a jar of Classico in the house, turns out I didn't so I used my $8 jar of Dave's Gourmet.... in a casserole. Also, Delallo pasta is pretty good. It was my first time having it (because it was free, which is the best kind of pasta really) and I rather liked it even though I usually don't like spaghetti at all.

I'll go to my room now.

Adalaide Mentor

I think I'm going to have leftovers. I'll be too busy making bagels to do things like cook! My husband can eat whatever he finds for dinner. There is a perfectly good casserole he could be eating if he weren't so picky.

I'm working the next 3 days, whole days. I'm putting the remainder of my casserole into single serve containers and freezing it. I'll have 3 leftover bagels after the one I eat tonight to have for breakfast for 3 days. Plus I have a month's supply of snacks that I picked up on Saturday so all I have to do is pick and choose what to throw in my bag every morning. The hardest part? Staving off boredom for all 3 of those days... there are only so many amusing games on kongregate that I can play before I'll go stark raving mad.

IrishHeart Veteran

I am sure you will find ways to amuse yourself. ;)

I made escarole and white bean soup tonight. Simple and tasty.

shadowicewolf Proficient

My casserole was delicious. My husband wouldn't touch it. I suppose I committed some sort of super serious culinary sin though. I thought I had a jar of Classico in the house, turns out I didn't so I used my $8 jar of Dave's Gourmet.... in a casserole. Also, Delallo pasta is pretty good. It was my first time having it (because it was free, which is the best kind of pasta really) and I rather liked it even though I usually don't like spaghetti at all.

I'll go to my room now.

:blink: Lucky!

I think I'm going to have leftovers. I'll be too busy making bagels to do things like cook! My husband can eat whatever he finds for dinner. There is a perfectly good casserole he could be eating if he weren't so picky.

I'm working the next 3 days, whole days. I'm putting the remainder of my casserole into single serve containers and freezing it. I'll have 3 leftover bagels after the one I eat tonight to have for breakfast for 3 days. Plus I have a month's supply of snacks that I picked up on Saturday so all I have to do is pick and choose what to throw in my bag every morning. The hardest part? Staving off boredom for all 3 of those days... there are only so many amusing games on kongregate that I can play before I'll go stark raving mad.

making... bagels?

Adalaide Mentor

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/104639-homemade-bagel-recipe/

Someone started this nonsense earlier today. All I needed was one person saying it was an awesome recipe and I was off and running. BTW I'm just licking the last of the cream cheese off my fingers from my first one and all I can say is holy craponacracker! I didn't manage to make them pretty, but they are beyond divine. Someone please order me a goodyear sized mumu. The only thing that would have made it more perfect was lox.

My next step is to modify the recipe just a little to turn it into pumpkin spice bagels. That is next week's project. I'm trying to guess how many tries that's gonna take.

shadowicewolf Proficient

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/104639-homemade-bagel-recipe/

Someone started this nonsense earlier today. All I needed was one person saying it was an awesome recipe and I was off and running. BTW I'm just licking the last of the cream cheese off my fingers from my first one and all I can say is holy craponacracker! I didn't manage to make them pretty, but they are beyond divine. Someone please order me a goodyear sized mumu. The only thing that would have made it more perfect was lox.

My next step is to modify the recipe just a little to turn it into pumpkin spice bagels. That is next week's project. I'm trying to guess how many tries that's gonna take.

or you could add apples to it.

Adalaide Mentor

or you could add apples to it.

That would be interesting to try. My husband wants me to make blueberry ones. I think blueberry cinnamon. Like I said, I'm gonna get so fat. I may just eat a bagel a day for the rest of my life.

IrishHeart Veteran

all I can say is holy craponacracker! 

now, now, now....if yer gonna use that, you need to put @IrishHeart. copyright laws, and all. just sayin. :D

Ok, now who's the wisacre who posted a delicious bagel recipe? I can't believe we are being challenged this way.

Never got those muumuus and I have to walk on a beach for the love of mike and I can't be blobbing around like a giant giraffe-sized jello jiggler. Thighs aflapping and whatnot...

So....Shadow? did you try the puddin??

I have decided (because it's fall weather down here)

roflmao.gif

(see, that's hilarious because it's 86 and I spent the morning on the beach watching young men surfing.....)

to make a brisket. Not just any brisket, but something called Atlanta Brisket and it has  coca-cola in the recipe.

It should fall away from the carving knife like butter, they claim. I'll be the judge of that.

shadowicewolf Proficient

now, now, now....if yer gonna use that, you need to put @IrishHeart. copyright laws, and all. just sayin. :D

Ok, now who's the wisacre who posted a delicious bagel recipe? I can't believe we are being challenged this way.

Never got those muumuus and I have to walk on a beach for the love of mike and I can't be blobbing around like a giant giraffe-sized jello jiggler. Thighs aflapping and whatnot...

roflmao.gif

(see, that's hilarious because it's 86 and I spent the morning on the beach watching young men surfing.....)

to make a brisket. Not just any brisket, but something called Atlanta Brisket and it has  coca-cola in the recipe.

It should fall away from the carving knife like butter, they claim. I'll be the judge of that.

Nope not yet, I don't have the stuff to make it.

I get the last of my beef soup tonight.

I'm going to make mac and cheese sometime soon.

Adalaide Mentor

roflmao.gif

Sometimes people steal other people's sayings because saying the things in their head would be crass, crude and explicit. I can either have an anger management problem or a swearing problem, I choose to have a swearing problem.  :P In the future though I'll try to remember my ™. As penance I'll have an oatmeal butterscotch cookie for dessert with my lunch, putting oatmeal in a cookie makes it health food instead of a treat right?

Also, I never thought of the whole hanging out watching guys surf all day thing. Hmm.... maybe Florida really does have its merits! And you are way easily amused this morning, which is amusing. 

I left for work without giving a single thought to my dinner. My husband isn't working today though so maybe I should make him cook for me! I need someone I can live with and be their kitchen grunt. I can do things like chop and get things out of the oven, just so I don't have to be the person with ideas. 

IrishHeart Veteran

This another reason why you could easily live with me. :lol:  I am an "idea person". I love to come up with creative ideas for food--and drinks--and, I do not even mind washing dishes.

But, if you will help chop and dice and lift crap our of the oven for me (because you know my shoulders are bad) well, we'd be a match made in heaven.

Yes, take 2 cookies, repent and we're good. 

As for the watching the surfers thinger, it's my morning ritual and...if you do not want to come all this way, there's always California....why do think SKI is always going down to the ocean?? She doesn't surf anymore B) therefore......

Adalaide Mentor

It's so unfair!!!! I'm pro-ocean but anti-humidity. I love love love the desert too much to leave. I need a desert with an ocean attached.  :D

IrishHeart Veteran

It's so unfair!!!! I'm pro-ocean but anti-humidity. I love love love the desert too much to leave. I need a desert with an ocean attached.  :D

low or no humidity in fall, winter, spring. Honest, If my hair is not kinky-curling, it's not humid. It's not kinking.

And I'm not sticking around for the very hot sticky stuff. That's when I am going North. ;)