9530 replies to this topic

#4186 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

The good news is that my husband is finally entirely out of spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The bad news is that that left me with no clue what to make, I was left resorting to steak and beans. Poor us! :lol:

I'm not sure if I want to take on a new sauce recipe tomorrow or wait until after Christmas. I'm fighting a killer sinus infection and already need to make cookies.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4187 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Baked ham and scalloped potatoes with jack cheese and probably broccoli on the side.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

“Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now

#4188 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

bbq boneless pork ribs
cauliflower fried "rice"
steamed broccoli

simple tonight --- gearing up for three nights of family dinners --- our house is going to smell yummy :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4189 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Since I have been busy getting ready for Christmas my husband made beef cubes with noodles.

My daughter made chocolate fudge on her own today, so proud of her :) Tomorrow we are going to tackle homemade butter to go with the mini corn muffins that are giving to my parents as a gift.

I also made a cinnamon sugar exfoliating scrub to give as a gift, never again will I buy a sugar scrub again it was so easy to make!

#4190 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Since I have been busy getting ready for Christmas my husband made beef cubes with noodles.

My daughter made chocolate fudge on her own today, so proud of her :) Tomorrow we are going to tackle homemade butter to go with the mini corn muffins that are giving to my parents as a gift.

I also made a cinnamon sugar exfoliating scrub to give as a gift, never again will I buy a sugar scrub again it was so easy to make!

sugar scrub...awesome gift idea for the ladies while I'm doling out redunculous (ih...sp?) bacon jam for the men :)

how?

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4191 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

sugar scrub...awesome gift idea for the ladies while I'm doling out redunculous (ih...sp?) bacon jam for the men :)

how?

Made up words do not require proper spelling. Please excuse my hasty exit before IH gets her hands on me for saying so. :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4192 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

how?

I did about 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and baby oil to get the right consistency (I used about 2 oz.). Mix it all together and you're done. I had my daughter test it out for me on her hands when they get are horribly dry and it actually made her hands fairly smooth.

#4193 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I did about 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and baby oil to get the right consistency (I used about 2 oz.). Mix it all together and you're done. I had my daughter test it out for me on her hands when they get are horribly dry and it actually made her hands fairly smooth.

wonderful....so much better than my normal mini-jar candles :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4194 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

I managed to make dinner tonight. Fried up some beef tips and hash browns. Miraculously I also managed to somehow wake up sicker today than yesterday after sleeping for 12 hours. I am, without a doubt, going to be spending Christmas sick. Sure beats spending it recovering from surgery! In my infinite wisdom though I forgot to list parchment paper on my shopping list and so I won't be making my cookies until Monday when I can go buy a pack. I'm going to cross my fingers that at least some of the vertigo will pass by then.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4195 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Spent the night hurling and D. No food shopping done, kids pressies not wrapped, carpets no longer recognize vacuum, 3 year old friends party later, not got present for DH yet.

Strangely still feel pretty optimistic though, although Mr Mindwarp is exhausted :-\

Dinner will probably be scrambled egg...

We are also just coming up to our 1 year leaving the city anniversary, so this time last year were trying to pack 8 years of junk with flu...

I am so much healthier, had a flu jab, kids happy by the coast, lots of new friends, doctor who knows very little about celiac, but listened and referred me on.

Then I found you guys.

I am truly blessed.

Merry Christmas all my lovelies <3
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4196 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Made up words do not require proper spelling. Please excuse my hasty exit before IH gets her hands on me for saying so. :ph34r:

Actually, if you are the one to "coin it", you get to determine how it is spelled. Through usage, any word can become part of the vernacular.(sadly)
Yet, some are pretty cool. And, I did not make up this word Redunkulous:

http://www.urbandict...erm=Redunkulous

Sorry you are feeling yucky, Addy and I hope you recover quickly. xx

This sounds fantastic, Alex! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Spent the night hurling and D. No food shopping done, kids pressies not wrapped, carpets no longer recognize vacuum, 3 year old friends party later, not got present for DH yet.Strangely still feel pretty optimistic though...Then I found you guys.I am truly blessed.Merry Christmas all my lovelies <3

oh no, MW. sorry you are not feeling well, I agree with the "feeling blessed " Happy Christmas to you!

For the love of mike, what's going on, chickies?
LOVE2 is hurting, Addy is hurting, MW is hurting.... :unsure: Sending all loving and healing wishes to you and hoping you'll all rebound by Tuesday, if not sooner.

Dinner tonight:

Bison stuffed peppers

Baking today : a few flourless chocolate cakes for friends (redunkulously decadent )

and pecan bars, cheesecake and trying my hand at homemade truffles for my family to enjoy on Christmas Eve.

The RBJ is almost gone. I gave most of it away and I confess, I am hoarding the rest.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4197 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself :)

House smells like Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie and it's made from ingredients I can eat (I did use 1/2 cup white sugar -- throwing caution to the wind today)

Merry Christmas to me :)

Oh....dinners with relies start tonight:

Leg o' Lamb
Mint Sauce
Scalloped Potatoes
Asparagus with Almond Slices

AND....wait for it.....

Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie -- A La Mode for my fam :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4198 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Feeling like cr*ap because I have to go egg, seed and nut free for awhile. Still didn't gain dairy back, although I can eat some cheese once a week.

So steak and carrot puree seasoned with garlic, black pepper and olive oil it is.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#4199 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself :)

House smells like Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie and it's made from ingredients I can eat (I did use 1/2 cup white sugar -- throwing caution to the wind today)

Merry Christmas to me :)

Oh....dinners with relies start tonight:

Leg o' Lamb
Mint Sauce
Scalloped Potatoes
Asparagus with Almond Slices

AND....wait for it.....

Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie -- A La Mode for my fam :)

Sounds like heaven to me. Enjoy, Ski XXOO

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4200 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Lisa, that pie sounds incredible ! Enjoy :)

Tonight, after being out all day, we had Tink spaghetti with Patsy's sauce and fresh Italian bread from the (gluten-free) bakery.

Now on to wrapping gifts....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: