This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

Now if isn't something you already do, you need to get yourself a three-ring binder and start printing out recipes so this never happens again. :P

giving-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif I give the big thumbs up on 3- ring binders for recipes. 

I had one before DX and it's still got all my tried and true ones in there (I did have to discard some gluteny stuff...mutter mutter.....)

But I've got one now for just gluten-free baked goods/breads/pizza doughs, etc  I call that one the thunder thighs  binder. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

giving-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif I give the big thumbs up on 3- ring binders for recipes. 

I had one before DX and it's still got all my tried and true ones in there (I did have to discard some gluteny stuff...mutter mutter.....)

But I've got one now for just gluten-free baked goods/breads/pizza doughs, etc  I call that one the thunder thighs  binder. 

I copied recipes out of different recipe books so I can find them.  And any other recipes and put them in sheet protectors in 3 ring binders.  You can get them out and wipe them clean if you slop on them.

IrishHeart Veteran

I copied recipes out of different recipe books so I can find them.  And any other recipes and put them in sheet protectors in 3 ring binders.  You can get them out and wipe them clean if you slop on them.

yup-plastic sheet protectors here too. I always slop on them  :lol:

notme Experienced

yup-plastic sheet protectors here too. I always slop on them  :lol:

omgosh, you guys, that is exactly what i had!!!!!   :D   before gluten free  :(  so i was collecting new ones, mostly off the interwebs or gluten-free adjusted old favorites. 

and, i *has* a tech.  this is not the first time my laptop has done this.  but he is my daughter's b/f and working/going to school.  notice how i am not sweating the demise of all my info.  because this is not the first time.......  he comes and re-sorts all my stuff, puts a better operating program on it (and explains to me in great detail how it is better and why)  (all i can hear is zzzzzzz) then i load it up and blue screen it again.  he says it's because it updates itself or what i heard "blabbity blab"  i love him with all my heart but i never understand a word he says when he talks about computers.  he can even put the keys back on.  in record time, too  :)

kareng Grand Master

Chipolte cheese dip with chips, celery and grapes.

Adalaide Mentor

I can't take life without beans any more, it's making me crazy. So, I am going to try all different types of beans to see what I do and don't get reactions to. My issue with them in the past (distant past, nearly a year) is that they make me more or less blind in my left eye.

So tonight I'm making refried beans with pinto beans, because they're what I have in my food storage so they go first. They also happen to be my favorite. My husband will probably turn his into burritos, he has some fresh flour tortillas in the fridge. I think I'll make some taquitos and bake them, and have a little sour cream with lime for dipping. Crossing my fingers to wake up with clear sight in both eyes tomorrow. Either way, I'll move on to a different bean later this week and see how it goes.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I can't take life without beans any more, it's making me crazy. So, I am going to try all different types of beans to see what I do and don't get reactions to. My issue with them in the past (distant past, nearly a year) is that they make me more or less blind in my left eye.

So tonight I'm making refried beans with pinto beans, because they're what I have in my food storage so they go first. They also happen to be my favorite. My husband will probably turn his into burritos, he has some fresh flour tortillas in the fridge. I think I'll make some taquitos and bake them, and have a little sour cream with lime for dipping. Crossing my fingers to wake up with clear sight in both eyes tomorrow. Either way, I'll move on to a different bean later this week and see how it goes.

I'm the opposite. I do not like beans :lol: I could do without. Those are some scary symptoms though.

Now peanut butter on the other hand... I could not do without.

Probably some rice, veggie, and maybe some chicken for dinner.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

I'm the opposite. I do not like beans :lol: I could do without. Those are some scary symptoms though.

Now peanut butter on the other hand... I could not do without.

Probably some rice, veggie, and maybe some chicken for dinner.

Comes from too much brain and not enough space for it. Gets all squeezed up on itself and starts pokin' me in the eye being all "gimme space!" and I'm all "shut the hell up and stay put and GET OFF MAH EYE!" (It's actually the fluid but shhhh... we won't tell.)

It's actually a legume problem but I've been doing okay with small amounts of peanut butter so I'm hopeful. :) I love peanut butter too, but upon discovering Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter I found I could live the rest of my life with just that as a sub if I had to. :wub: At any rate, grinding nuts into butter is one of the most brilliant ideas man has ever come up with. Ranks up there with things like indoor plumbing and the internet.

LauraTX Rising Star

Last night I made Beef and Broccoli, turned out pretty good :)  Today for dinner will be pecan crusted baked chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.

IrishHeart Veteran

omgosh, you guys, that is exactly what i had!!!!!   :D   before gluten free  :(  so i was collecting new ones, mostly off the interwebs or gluten-free adjusted old favorites. 

and, i *has* a tech.  this is not the first time my laptop has done this.  but he is my daughter's b/f and working/going to school.  notice how i am not sweating the demise of all my info.  because this is not the first time.......  he comes and re-sorts all my stuff, puts a better operating program on it (and explains to me in great detail how it is better and why)  (all i can hear is zzzzzzz) then i load it up and blue screen it again.  he says it's because it updates itself or what i heard "blabbity blab"  i love him with all my heart but i never understand a word he says when he talks about computers.  he can even put the keys back on.  in record time, too  :)

oh dear gawd, that's me....the hubs starts with the jibber jabber and I just tell him what I have told him from the very first day he introduced me to using the internet

"oh babes, all I'm hearing is "blahdey blahdey bloop and  yer making my eahs hurt (still have heavy Boston accent emerge when I am agitated --and I mean agitiated in both good and bad ways   :D )

To all techie types:

"I don't wanna know HOW it works....

I just want it TO work.!! ..capisce? 

good.

Dinner was pork tenderloins with onions and garlic

potatoes and carrots roasted in broth in the oven

with a side of applesauce

and sauteed chard.

I :wub:  swiss chard.

and I am pretty sure there is some pistachio gelato out there in the fridge as it is Sunday and everyone knows Sunday is gelato night.

right? right! 

i KNOW THIS is not the sports thread but BOSTON STRONG GO SOX!! WHOO HOO!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Last night I made Beef and Broccoli, turned out pretty good :)  Today for dinner will be pecan crusted baked chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.

Do you have a good recipie for it?

I haven't had a good beef and broccoli dish since before going gluten free.

Adalaide Mentor

Isn't every night gelato night if you have some in the house? It is in my house!

IrishHeart Veteran

Isn't every night gelato night if you have some in the house? It is in my house!

nope. If I ate gelato every night, I'd be ginormous.I have to be a little restrained.

I have gained enough weight, thanks. <_<

Adalaide Mentor

nope. If I ate gelato every night, I'd be ginormous.I have to be a little restrained.

I have gained enough weight, thanks.

I'm the kind of person who can "sneak" into the kitchen at 11 and eat 2 spoonfuls and put it back in the freezer. Or maybe 3.... definitely no more than 4.

At any rate, it isn't much and I savor every mouthful like it's the last thing I'll ever eat. I figure if an entire pint disappears slowly that way, it won't hurt me.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm the kind of person who can "sneak" into the kitchen at 11 and eat 2 spoonfuls and put it back in the freezer. Or maybe 3.... definitely no more than 4.

At any rate, it isn't much and I savor every mouthful like it's the last thing I'll ever eat. I figure if an entire pint disappears slowly that way, it won't hurt me.

well, that's an interesting theory even though you know full well calories are calories, whether you sneak them slowly or not.

I just eat my half of the container on Sunday night and I'm happy..

shadowicewolf Proficient

I don't think i've ever had gelato... :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

I don't think i've ever had gelato... :ph34r:

omg I don't know that I truly lived before gelato! Talenti makes a really good one that is widely available. All of them are good, but I'm backing up the pistachio here. By far my favorite even over chocolate.

kareng Grand Master

I have gained enough weight, thanks. <_<

We got the sea salt caramel! Fabulous!

We had lasagna and pumpkin pie

shadowicewolf Proficient

Wasn't very hungery so i had rice and steamed broccoli.

IrishHeart Veteran

We got the sea salt caramel! Fabulous!

I have tried 5 flavors so far, that one's still the fave thus far. 

Adalaide Mentor

I don't think I've seen the salted caramel one yet. (Although I did try that flavor of Greek Gods yogurt at the expo and it is to die for.) At any rate, I'm a huge fan of nuts (har har crack your jokes) and will probably still always pistachio my favorite. It was my second favorite ice cream flavor growing up after teaberry. I was an odd duck.

answerseeker Enthusiast

we had chicken fajita bowls

and dessert was Betty Crocker's gluten-free brownie mix......um I do think this will be very bad for me I could have eaten the whole batch :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

So i decided to try the philsberry pizza crust for lunch. Its in the oven at the moment.

It was about three days before its best buy date and didn't smell at all, so i figured it was fine.

I'll write up something about it after i eat it.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Just an update:

I rather like the crust. I'm pretty sure i may have overcooked it, but it was good none the less.

So far (about an hour and a half after i ate it) i've had no issues. Hopefully, it will work out :)

kareng Grand Master

Made this:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Chicken-Pad-Thai-Daphne-Oz

Yummy.  Subbed frozen peas for bean sprouts. Hub & Boy like peas better. Didn't put all the garnishes.  Very peanut buttery.  Some might like less peanut butter.  Didn't notice the eggs so you could probably do without - maybe a little extra chicken.

Funny thing - never fed the boys peas as kids.  Didn't think they would like them.  17 yr old started getting them in chicken fried rice.  I started adding them to things and he asks for them now!