• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

. whoohooo Hope you got some too!

:-) :-) :-)
What are we, schoolgirls?

He.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4217 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

:-) :-) :-)
What are we, schoolgirls?

He.

I meant snow, young lady... what are YOU thinkin? :D

Hitting the Christmas grog early over there, smarty pants?

he he

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4218 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Some people have a one track mind. :rolleyes: I got some! We have half a foot of fresh snow and it is awesome. I hope everyone who got some is staying safe and warm today. :lol:

I felt a little stupid not having orange sugar for the orange cookies, but I bought what was available. You know, they're just the cookies out of the back of the December Living Without. I think they were called sleigh bells? The recipe also said to make them with lemon but that didn't sound exciting at all and my husband is a sucker for orange anything. They're incredibly easy, even if they didn't come out looking just like the picture.

Presents are opened and a ham is cooking. I've now got the whole afternoon to do absolutely nothing but wait until it is time to throw more things in the oven. I'm almost considering a snowy afternoon in the hot tub to ease my sore legs. The thought of getting back out in the cold is the only thing stopping me. :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4219 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Some people have a one track mind. :rolleyes: I got some! We have half a foot of fresh snow and it is awesome. I hope everyone who got some is staying safe and warm today. :lol:

I felt a little stupid not having orange sugar for the orange cookies, but I bought what was available. You know, they're just the cookies out of the back of the December Living Without. I think they were called sleigh bells? The recipe also said to make them with lemon but that didn't sound exciting at all and my husband is a sucker for orange anything. They're incredibly easy, even if they didn't come out looking just like the picture.

Presents are opened and a ham is cooking. I've now got the whole afternoon to do absolutely nothing but wait until it is time to throw more things in the oven. I'm almost considering a snowy afternoon in the hot tub to ease my sore legs. The thought of getting back out in the cold is the only thing stopping me. :ph34r:

:lol: .......let's hope everyone got some of whatever makes them jolly--there, that should cover all the bases!

If'n I were there with you, I'd be opting for the hot tub....man, this body could use one of those. Many years ago, we decided to go with building the pool (yes, we put it in ourselves) because of course, I was younger, not sick yet nor stiff as the tin man and swam like a fish.( sigh.... shoulda gone for the hot tub... :rolleyes:) Have to start looking for the "old people homes" with hot tubs now. he he

I love all things orangy too...and the cookies look divine, hon. I may need to check out that recipe, although I do NOT need
more yummy treats this week. I have had my share.... and even the sweatpants are tight. (that's not good. not good at all)

Sora! honestly, girl...........where the hell are those muu muus??

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4220 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

:lol: .......let's hope everyone got some of whatever makes them jolly--there, that should cover all the bases!

If'n I were there with you, I'd be opting for the hot tub....man, this body could use one of those. Many years ago, we decided to go with building the pool (yes, we put it in ourselves) because of course, I was younger, not sick yet nor stiff as the tin man and swam like a fish.( sigh.... shoulda gone for the hot tub... :rolleyes:) Have to start looking for the "old people homes" with hot tubs now. he he

I love all things orangy too...and the cookies look divine, hon. I may need to check out that recipe, although I do NOT need
more yummy treats this week. I have had my share.... and even the sweatpants are tight. (that's not good. not good at all)

Sora! honestly, girl...........where the hell are those muu muus??

I have decided to forget about Muu Muu's. We should all be calling ourselves Botticelli Babes.

Tonight was encores from last nights turkey dinner.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4221 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ok, that was strange. Why did my comment go inside the box? :huh:

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4222 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

You could go back and edit it. You typed before the final [. Quote ]

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4223 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

And done -- last holiday visitors were here for lunch and are GONE :)

Three dinners and one lunch has this goose cooked - well I'm still going for my afternoon walk -- then for dinner

pork chops
butternut squash fries
asparagus - roasted with garlic

and "chocolate mousse type substance" for all -- I love meals that we all eat the same thing :)

All this talk of snow has me itching to click into my bindings -- when hubby gets home he'll hear of my new plan for Kirkwood and soon!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4224 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

After all that celebrating, perhaps you are "quote challenged"?

You could go back and edit it. You typed before the final [. Quote ]

Premature quotus interruptus?

(now, that "made up phrase" should put Adalaide right over the edge :lol: )

And done -- last holiday visitors were here for lunch and are GONE :)
All this talk of snow has me itching to click into my bindings -- when hubby gets home he'll hear of my new plan for Kirkwood and soon!!!

holymotherofpearl, Ski....!! ...vertical AND schussing soon!....okay, now I am crying. I am so happy for you, sweets!

Dinner tonight was:

Lasagne

(because we may lose power tomorrow and I can heat squares of it over the wood stove :))

and

pots au chocolat
... with whipped cream
because apparently, we did not have enough fattening foods the last 2 days?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4225 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Snow I will take. We got another half a foot so far today and it is still coming down out there. The idea of hurtling myself down a mountain in the freezing cold? Pass. I will sip some cocoa and think of you though!

Premature quotus interruptus?

(now, that "made up phrase" should put Adalaide right over the edge :lol: )

You're a riot! I'm a little slow tonight so I had to reread that to get it. I've polished off half a bottle of non-alcoholic sangria and somehow I'm still muddled.

The sangria is to celebrate. I got a 6-pack of Venice crusts for Christmas so we had pizza for supper. I've tested and found that as long as I only indulge a little I won't get a rash, so I went ahead and made a pizza with fresh mozzarella. The crust is the perfect in between of crispy and chewy and I ate almost half a pizza. :ph34r: I'm going to have to get the dust off my elliptical tomorrow or go buy some new spanx.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4226 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I've tested and found that as long as I only indulge a little I won't get a rash, so I went ahead and made a pizza with fresh mozzarella. The crust is the perfect in between of crispy and chewy and I ate almost half a pizza. :ph34r: I'm going to have to get the dust off my elliptical tomorrow or go buy some new spanx.

spanx :lol: um, I am not sure spanx are gonna help me one bit. If I put them manage to shoe horn them on, I fear I would just look redunkulous.

All seriousness?
I am so so happy for you that got this little bit o'eating heaven back again. yaay! xx

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4227 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I am intolerant of spanx - part of my heat weirdness.

I did however have one piece of candied bacon on Christmas morn - thanks for the idea Addie - my men were extremely appreciative as well :D

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4228 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I wish I had remembered candied bacon! I used just a few slices in my cornbread pudding and had a bunch leftover and just cooked some for my husband. Normal, regular, frying in a pan. Obviously I'm a terrible wife, feeding my man ordinary bacon on Christmas. :lol: I'm glad your men were happy. Mine seemed happy just to have a hot breakfast, that doesn't happen often around here.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4229 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

I wish I had remembered candied bacon! I used just a few slices in my cornbread pudding and had a bunch leftover and just cooked some for my husband. Normal, regular, frying in a pan. Obviously I'm a terrible wife, feeding my man ordinary bacon on Christmas. :lol: I'm glad your men were happy. Mine seemed happy just to have a hot breakfast, that doesn't happen often around here.

Lol - twas your idea and my suggestion on Christmas morning - yet was my men that prepared it - quite well I may add ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4230 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Lol - twas your idea and my suggestion on Christmas morning - yet was my men that prepared it - quite well I may add ;)

By the way, you and your man look good vertical, and in your non-spanx.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009