This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

shadowicewolf Proficient

:ph34r: I have no issues with the pizza crust thus far! I shall know more when i eat some of the leftovers.

This success is kind of making me want to go try out the soy sauce that i bought a few months back (and never opened or used).

In all seriousness though, i think i got a little acid reflux from the cheese, but outside of that it was fine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

:ph34r: I have no issues with the pizza crust thus far! I shall know more when i eat some of the leftovers.

This success is kind of making me want to go try out the soy sauce that i bought a few months back (and never opened or used).

In all seriousness though, i think i got a little acid reflux from the cheese, but outside of that it was fine.

Yeah!  That crust does have  a lot of ingredients so there is a lot of stuff to react to.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yeah!  That crust does have  a lot of ingredients so there is a lot of stuff to react to.

true enough, but with previous experience with cheese, that is usually the culprit.

Adalaide Mentor

Spaghetti with meatballs tonight. It's something I used to enjoy a lot more often when I could just buy meatballs, but the only ones available all have soy in them. So, due to laziness I don't get my meatballs very often.

My husband is playing a video game and was killing a mammoth. I told him we could have fusilli instead of the usual pasta if he wanted and apparently he was totally not paying attention to me at all because he immediately said something along the lines of "just die already!" I was like omg fine... see if I ever suggest differently shaped pasta again. :lol: Dangerous thing in this house, changing routines. :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

hahaha! thanks for that giggle, Addy! :lol:

I made quinoa and black bean stuffed peppers and I have to say, they were awesome.

I made a triple batch. My very sweet neighbors (and temporary landlords) have gone G F and my physical therapist and her hubs are also G F

so I figured they all work hard and maybe I could share.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Spaghetti with meatballs tonight. It's something I used to enjoy a lot more often when I could just buy meatballs, but the only ones available all have soy in them. So, due to laziness I don't get my meatballs very often.

My husband is playing a video game and was killing a mammoth. I told him we could have fusilli instead of the usual pasta if he wanted and apparently he was totally not paying attention to me at all because he immediately said something along the lines of "just die already!" I was like omg fine... see if I ever suggest differently shaped pasta again. :lol: Dangerous thing in this house, changing routines. :ph34r:

Skyrim? B)

Good news, no acid reflux with the leftover pizza. :ph34r: 

Making chicken noodle soup for dinner.

Adalaide Mentor

Skyrim? B)

Good news, no acid reflux with the leftover pizza. :ph34r:

Making chicken noodle soup for dinner.

uh.... yes. But I'm surprised that based on the fact that he was yelling at a mammoth you knew what he was playing. He's all "the mammoths are tough" as if this is a fact that everyone knows. Except me of course since I never played Skyrim.

And gratz on the pizza. Always good news when things go smoothly. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

uh.... yes. But I'm surprised that based on the fact that he was yelling at a mammoth you knew what he was playing. He's all "the mammoths are tough" as if this is a fact that everyone knows. Except me of course since I never played Skyrim.

And gratz on the pizza. Always good news when things go smoothly. :)

Its the only game i can think of off the top of my head that has mammoths :lol:

Indeed.

IrishHeart Veteran

I received some Pamela's baking mixes from a friend.

I looked up some recipes and since I had some remnant chicken in the house, I made this

http://www.pamelasproducts.com/cheesy-chicken-crumble/

It was pretty good. not my chicken pot pie, but GOOD! . The hubs is having a second helping as we speak......

shadowicewolf Proficient

I received some Pamela's baking mixes from a friend.

I looked up some recipes and since I had some remnant chicken in the house, I made this

http://www.pamelasproducts.com/cheesy-chicken-crumble/

It was pretty good. not my chicken pot pie, but GOOD! . The hubs is having a second helping as we speak......

Have you tried their cornbread mix? I've been wondering if it is any good.

IrishHeart Veteran

Have you tried their cornbread mix? I've been wondering if it is any good.

no, but I bet someone on here has  :)

notme Experienced

tonight's dinner is:  i don't care :lol: i am dressing up in a victorian costume and being a tour guide on the haunted halloween walking tour.  of COURSE it's the coldest it's been yet and going to be in the 30-40's (and of course, the weather is going to warm up after the weekend....)  good thing i'm wearing a dress that i can probably fit snowpants underneath without anything showing.  when i signed up for this, it was 80 degrees lolz - oh, well, ima teach some old ladies to *run* :P

wednesday - made the garlic balsamic chicken (o my gosh, thanky for that!  so awesome) over noodles and with sliced fresh tomatoes (from my garden that doesn't have the good sense and decency to die already - sheesh)  that chicken is so good it impressed my mil and i had to give her the recipe <_<

last night was italian sausage with marinara over raviolis and salad. 

i made killer meatloaf (like inside out bacon/mushroom/swiss burgers) with mashed potatoes, carrots one night.  my appetite just came back a little and today i am trying all the dinners i missed lolz

i will eat *something* when i get done with photos and the tour tonight - but keeping the intake to a minimum.  my house is slap in the middle of the tour route, i suppose i could make them all wait on the porch while i stop to use the rest room LOLOLZ (* NOT!!!*)

:D

shadowicewolf Proficient

What type of raviolis were they?

notme Experienced

What type of raviolis were they?

they were conte (cheese) - pretty great - and i made regular raviolis for the WEaters

IrishHeart Veteran

tonight's dinner is:  i don't care :lol: i am dressing up in a victorian costume and being a tour guide on the haunted halloween walking tour. 

I am so glad you are feeling better and this sounds like a BLAST! I wish I could go out and play with you tonight. :)

I am excited because we found a Whole Paycheck right near a new place for lunch

This guy does a great job and makes the most ridiculously yummy salads, lettuce cups.wraps, handmade chocolates and ice cream (yes, that vegan/non dairy/gluten free/organic kind of place where you wonder, but will it taste good? ...the answer is a resounding YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!) 

And we snagged the last Against the Grain pizza in WF...must be pizza night in everyone's gluten free household.

Found a few new pastas to try and some cookies I do not need, but mostly, I was thrilled there was a Sur La Table next door.

This girl is missing her kitchen stuff (buried in that PODS container) and I felt I really needed a crepe pan to make tortillas and

quesadillas properly. I would rather spend my time browsing in there than any shoe or clothing store in the world.

I know LOVE2TRAVEL would agree with me.  ^_^ 

ADDY

they had giraffe cookie cutters...do you want one?

We had a fun afternoon. oh, and it dipped down to 69 last night..! .brrr.  :lol: 

Adalaide Mentor

I... see I have an admission to make. And I know this makes me a horrible person. It is entirely possible that in nearly two years I sort of, maybe, kind of haven't bought a new rolling pin. :ph34r: Other methods of rolling things out make me crazy and so I know I need one, but I keep needing other stuff more than pie or cookies I can cut out. I'm so embarrassed, I'm going to go hide in a corner now. And I'm going to make sure that it's on my list of things I get for Christmas.

IrishHeart Veteran

That's nothing to be ashamed of. How often does anyone use a rolling pin? the holidays....so, you're just in time.

So, do you want a giraffe cookie cutter? huh huh, do ya??

Adalaide Mentor

Who doesn't want a giraffe cookie cutter!?! Also, I probably used my old rolling pin at least 2-3 times a month and that's being pretty conservative. When I said I was a pretty serious baker, I wasn't kidding. And pies and cookies were at the top of my list. I wonder sometimes how it is I married someone who doesn't really care for pie. Maybe he's just not right in the head. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Who doesn't want a giraffe cookie cutter!?! Also, I probably used my old rolling pin at least 2-3 times a month and that's being pretty conservative. When I said I was a pretty serious baker, I wasn't kidding. And pies and cookies were at the top of my list. I wonder sometimes how it is I married someone who doesn't really care for pie. Maybe he's just not right in the head. :lol:

I was a serious baker and I did not use my rolling pin 2-3 times a month.  I used it 2-3 times a year. TOPS.

So, maybe our definitions of "serious baker" do not mesh.

and I think your sweetie is very right in the head, IMHO. He'll be thrilled to know I said this, I am sure.

There's more to enjoy in the dessert world than pie.

in fact, pie....ranks lowest on my dessert appreciation list.

waa???GASP!!!!

I was made an apple pie for my "birthday cake "since I was 1. Why? well., I was born on Thanksgiving and yes, I  like it..

My sister's Bday is 3 days before, so she got the freakin cake.

But if you make apple pies for Thanksgiving and combine it with my Bday, well....see my point?

If I had been more assertive as a child, I would have said..."HEY! hello?? I want chocolate cake with butter cream frosting!!"  

now, you know the truth about IH's horrid childhood.  :lol: 

IrishHeart Veteran

before I forget!!! mmmfmfm wait my mouf is full....

A local baker from Miami has produced a cookie line called "Ginny Bakes"

I know! how cool is that name? ;)

anyway, please try her butter crisp cookies  and tell me this mother of 4 hasn't nailed cookie goodness.

http://www.ginnybakes.com/about/

and she has a blog with good recipes

http://www.ginnybakes.com/blog/

Adalaide Mentor

I may have ended up resenting pie a little if that happened to me. As it is, my daughter and I both sort of resent Christmas wrapping paper. Having a birthday in December (her) or right after Christmas (me) is not an excuse not to have a dollar to spend on cheap wrapping paper at the dollar store. Snowman wrapping paper doesn't double as winter birthday paper. <_<

The horrors of childhood right? Scarred for life, no getting out of it. I think if that's the worst that happened to us we'll be okay. :lol:

If I want those cookies I'll have to order them online. Or drive either to Reno or Wichita. Not exactly a Sunday afternoon drive for cookies. I feel like those packages look familiar but I have no idea where I would have seen them before. I love things with ingredients lists like those. when it reads like something I may make myself only without all the effort I get interested.

IrishHeart Veteran

Plus, her name is Ginny. Ginny Bakes. I mean, c'mon! ;)

Hubs' Bday is Dec. 13. His day was kept separate, he recalls and not combined with Christmas.

His parents made sure of that. He was an only child, so that could be part of it.  

My cousin's Bday was Dec. 25. She said she did not mind it as she thought all the fuss was about her.lol

I think the only thing cooler would be a July 4th bday. Fireworks for your birthday? yeah baby!

Anyway, tonight's looking like:

Something made with that new crepe pan........ :D 

kareng Grand Master

tonight's dinner is:  i don't care :lol: i am dressing up in a victorian costume and being a tour guide on the haunted halloween walking tour.  of COURSE it's the coldest it's been yet and going to be in the 30-40's (and of course, the weather is going to warm up after the weekend....)  good thing i'm wearing a dress that i can probably fit snowpants underneath without anything showing.  when i signed up for this, it was 80 degrees lolz - oh, well, ima teach some old ladies to *run* :P

wednesday - made the garlic balsamic chicken (o my gosh, thanky for that!  so awesome) over noodles and with sliced fresh tomatoes (from my garden that doesn't have the good sense and decency to die already - sheesh)  that chicken is so good it impressed my mil and i had to give her the recipe <_<

last night was italian sausage with marinara over raviolis and salad. 

i made killer meatloaf (like inside out bacon/mushroom/swiss burgers) with mashed potatoes, carrots one night.  my appetite just came back a little and today i am trying all the dinners i missed lolz

i will eat *something* when i get done with photos and the tour tonight - but keeping the intake to a minimum.  my house is slap in the middle of the tour route, i suppose i could make them all wait on the porch while i stop to use the rest room LOLOLZ (* NOT!!!*)

I am so glad you are feeling better and this sounds like a BLAST! I wish I could go out and play with you tonight. :)

I am excited because we found a Whole Paycheck right near a new place for lunch

This guy does a great job and makes the most ridiculously yummy salads, lettuce cups.wraps, handmade chocolates and ice cream (yes, that vegan/non dairy/gluten free/organic kind of place where you wonder, but will it taste good? ...the answer is a resounding YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!) 

And we snagged the last Against the Grain pizza in WF...must be pizza night in everyone's gluten free household.

Found a few new pastas to try and some cookies I do not need, but mostly, I was thrilled there was a Sur La Table next door.

This girl is missing her kitchen stuff (buried in that PODS container) and I felt I really needed a crepe pan to make tortillas and

quesadillas properly. I would rather spend my time browsing in there than any shoe or clothing store in the world.

I know LOVE2TRAVEL would agree with me.  ^_^ 

ADDY

they had giraffe cookie cutters...do you want one?

We had a fun afternoon. oh, and it dipped down to 69 last night..! .brrr.  :lol: 

Was it the crockpot balsamic chicken?

My mostly " adult" sons love that store! They have coffee and cookie samples. They love all odd little gadgets, especially any that aid in the opening or ingesting of carbonated, hop based beverages. It's also an easy place to get mom Xmas gifts as they have lots of red, the official color of gluten free cooking.

Last night we all went to Outback. We are visiting Kid 1 at college. He gobbled his steak, salad and fries ( he doesn't like salad) and most of my gluten-free brownie and ice cream dessert. I think he doesn't eat enough even though they have a good chef who feeds him bacon everyday.

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night we all went to Outback. We are visiting Kid 1 at college. He gobbled his steak, salad and fries ( he doesn't like salad) and most of my gluten-free brownie and ice cream dessert. I think he doesn't eat enough even though they have a good chef who feeds him bacon everyday.

Any chef who provides daily bacon is a good chef.

Maybe his appetite was up because he was happy to see his Mom?. :wub:

Oh yes, there are lots of RED things at Sur La Table. I got some big ole red silicone oven mitts yesterday.

(picture things that may be used to handle industrial waste lol)

I have a problem with burning myself while taking things out of the oven....and these should stop that. (scorched fingers crossed)

Have fun with your boy-o.

notme Experienced

IT WAS SO COLLLLDDDD!!  but i had a good time - i even ended up with the right amount of tickets after all was said and done...  i love halloween/dress up so that gave me a good excuse.  doing it again tonight.  might put together some stuffed peppers for the hubs and kid #1.....  we'll see (MY PRETTY!) lolz

I... see I have an admission to make. And I know this makes me a horrible person. It is entirely possible that in nearly two years I sort of, maybe, kind of haven't bought a new rolling pin. :ph34r: Other methods of rolling things out make me crazy and so I know I need one, but I keep needing other stuff more than pie or cookies I can cut out. I'm so embarrassed, I'm going to go hide in a corner now. And I'm going to make sure that it's on my list of things I get for Christmas.

rolling pins have more than one use ;)