9581 replies to this topic

#4231 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

By the way, you and your man look good vertical, and in your non-spanx.

Thanks Shroom- that is my 19 year old - my genetic twin unfortunately - has had to remove a bit more than gluten - on Leap Day 2012 - just before the last flare that took me out in March. G R E A T to be up and planning even partial days back in the snow :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4232 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Question for the Bacon Jam aficionados - Is it best hot, straight from the crockpot? Or cooled? Or do you re- heat it?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4233 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Heated - either straight from the crock or re-heat for subsequent servings

Enjoy!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4234 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Encore George. What exactly is Encore George? Well, every year we name our ham (or turkey for Thanksgiving) and this year we named him George. Before bed I'll have my stock finished and the rest of George will be canned to be parsed out through the remainder of the year.

Also, I think I just made my husband feel bad. I'm all about lemon or lime, not so much on orange. But, I made the cookies orange just for him. And I just offered him one of the two left that I didn't freeze and he didn't want it. I asked if he didn't like them and he looked all guilty and grabbed one and started eating it because he knows I made them just for him. Poor guy, I didn't mean to make him feel bad. I like them just fine and will be more than happy to eat them up myself! He just needs to buy me new pants. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4235 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've been busy with going hither and yon and having company the past couple of days. Now everyone is gone and I am home alone while hubby travelled three hours to watch a hockey game. Peace and quiet. So, I made myself pork cracklings (almost as good as or equivalent to BACON) and:

Thai Green Chicken Curry (tons of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves...)
Kaffir Lime-Infused Jasmine Rice
Spicy Cucumber Salad

And leftover coconut cream cake with coconut buttercream and toasted hazelnuts on top.

Pretty much had a good old-fashioned pig out session. Not that I needed to, but sometimes a girl's just got to do what a girl's got to do! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4236 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Question for the Bacon Jam aficionados - Is it best hot, straight from the crockpot? Or cooled? Or do you re- heat it?

You can spread it on cold --works just fine. I used it on buttered toast that way. I served it room temp for spreading on crackers so it was not too thin , but I did heat it briefly in the micro in a small ramekin for spreading on burgers.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4237 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

You can spread it on cold --works just fine. I used it on buttered toast that way. I served it room temp for spreading on crackers so it was not too thin , but I did heat it briefly in the micro in a small ramekin for spreading on burgers.

Hi, Irish! Missed ya. ;)

You know what else is good? Sprinkle thick bread with a good melting cheese such as Provolone (Cheddar not as good), top with bacon jam and slices of pear and broil. Oh, MAN! I can't stand it.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4238 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've been busy with "going hither" and " yon "

aha, I see.....So THOSE are the cabana boys' names .....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4239 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

aha, I see.....So THOSE are the cabana boys' names .....

Um...yeah. You should become a PI or sleuth. (blushing)

#4240 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Um...yeah. You should become a PI or sleuth. (blushing)

actually, funny you should mention this.... but I DID work with a detective agency/lawyer back in the 80's. (summer work when school was out) and I did some very interesting investigative work....ah, good times...but I digress. I missed you, too and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

So, dinner tonight?

Encore Fred

He is the lasagne I made last night.

Yes, we name our lasagnes every year........ ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4241 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I am having zucchinni "noodles" again - broke out the new julienne mandolin this morning and have gone a bit zu-noodle crazy today.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4242 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am having zucchinni "noodles" again - broke out the new julienne mandolin this morning and have gone a bit zu-noodle crazy today.

Your meal sounds just a touch healthier than mine. But thankfully tomorrow is a new day filled with greens and vinaigrettes! :P Don't you just love mandolines? Mine gets good workouts, too.

#4243 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

actually, funny you should mention this.... but I DID work with a detective agency/lawyer back in the 80's. (summer work when school was out) and I did some very interesting investigative work....ah, good times...but I digress. I missed you, too and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

So, dinner tonight?

Encore Fred

He is the lasagne I made last night.

Yes, we name our lasagnes every year........ ;)

Some people have such weird traditions. :P

I'm assuming you still have electricity tonight to cook Fred the Lasagne? Hopefully it stays that way for you!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4244 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Don't you just love mandolines? .

Sadly, I am not allowed to use the mandoline as I am accident prone, but hubs can work it and I am so glad--- as it helped me make the best potato gratin EVER on Christmas Eve. I always made it just fine, I thought, but this recipe? is crazy good.!

I added a good dash of nutmeg (because I like it in most creamy, cheesy or egg dishes.)

http://leitesculinar...n.html#comments

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4245 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Some people have such weird traditions. :P

I'm assuming you still have electricity tonight to cook Fred the Lasagne? Hopefully it stays that way for you!

But, I like weird traditions--don't you? :D

Still snowing like mad, but yes, this week it stayed on. Good thing; the generator is broken.

And Encore Fred ........well, he .was even better than last night.

(hope that is not taken out of context.............that could sound a tad risque.)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: