9534 replies to this topic

#4246 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Your meal sounds just a touch healthier than mine. But thankfully tomorrow is a new day filled with greens and vinaigrettes! :P Don't you just love mandolines? Mine gets good workouts, too.

Yep - my regular slice mandoline works great for the dehydrated pears I love to snack on.

IH - I can't do doubles on cell, but wanted to tell you the "helper" at my local cookware shop showed me a special glove that one can use to prevent accidents - tho hubs slicing is a better solution.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4247 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

But, I like weird traditions--don't you? :D

Still snowing like mad, but yes, this week it stayed on. Good thing; the generator is broken.

And Encore Fred ........well, he .was even better than last night.

(hope that is not taken out of context.............that could sound a tad risque.)

Yes, yes it could. This is what happens when you put a bunch of us girls together! :lol:

And yes, weird traditions are by far the best. If they make other people look at you kind of funny and question your sanity, you are definitely doing it right!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4248 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Yep - my regular slice mandoline works great for the dehydrated pears I love to snack on.

IH - I can't do doubles on cell, but wanted to tell you the "helper" at my local cookware shop showed me a special glove that one can use to prevent accidents - tho hubs slicing is a better solution.

The Hubs is in charge of certain jobs around here: car repairs, plumbing, electrical work, running the rototiller, running the weed whacker and edge trimmer, running the electrical hedge shears, digging big holes, handling very sharp objects,using the mandoline, running the vacuum, and grocery shopping. Whenever I have tried to do any of those, I have hurt myself. Therefore, these jobs have been taken away from me. :unsure:

Yes, yes it could. This is what happens when you put a bunch of us girls together! :lol:
And yes, weird traditions are by far the best. If they make other people look at you kind of funny and question your sanity, you are definitely doing it right!

The first year we were married, I convinced the hubs that it was an old Armenian tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve EVE. He did not buy it at first. So, I called my Dad and asked him to explain it to him. My Dad played along and gave this elaborate explanation making up a fake saint and the story of the bestowing of gifts to the poor villagers, blah blah blah ........and thus, the CEE tradition was passed down. Whether he actually fell for it or not is moot. We do it anyway. He finds it is best to just go along.

Dinner tonight:

I have to rethink our traditional "Friday is pizza night" plan. I had too much Fred the past two days
and too much potato gratin and frankly, I'm kind of "cheesed out." After losing dairy/cheese for a year and happily getting it back again, I never thought I hear myself say those words. But, there it is.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4249 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

The Hubs is in charge of certain jobs around here: car repairs, plumbing, electrical work, running the rototiller, running the weed whacker and edge trimmer, running the electrical hedge shears, digging big holes, handling very sharp objects,using the mandoline, running the vacuum, and grocery shopping. Whenever I have tried to do any of those, I have hurt myself. Therefore, these jobs have been taken away from me. :unsure:

ummmmm -- perhaps it is just me -- but that sounds like a pretty good deal :D

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4250 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

We have friends for dinner, roast chicken and veg. Seen off the last of the turkey encores today. My Mum loves turkey soup so we helped her freezer...

Contemplating whole30 next week. I am seeing a dietitian soon, bet they''ll hate it. I need to lose plenty, am feeling quite a lot better and think some elimination tests would be good. I need to try dairy free properly, hence I am trying to fit 30 days worth of cheese in by Monday. I love stilton and believe it is a reasonable ingredient for any meal.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4251 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

ummmmm -- perhaps it is just me -- but that sounds like a pretty good deal :D

;) tom sawyer and painting the fence...

I need to try dairy free properly, hence I am trying to fit 30 days worth of cheese in by Monday. I love stilton and believe it is a reasonable ingredient for any meal.

oh boy, a cheese splurge! enjoy!
Stilton is delicious and I could see you putting it in just about anything, except maybe a smoothie. :unsure:
I'm back on the Whole 30 come Jan. 1. It's a bit radical, but it helps to "reset" and determine what foods may be giving you grief.
If you want, we can "buddy up" via PMs and if one of us cracks, well, we can be supportive---or say screw it, eat a bunch of cheese and crackers and drink wine and be miserable failures together. :DSound like a plan?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4252 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Cool, cheese buddies it is. Oh no, maybe I missed the point... Sounds great, though I think I am starting 2nd . Maybe the whole 29. Can you tell I am not good with rules?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4253 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

had to tell you all....

I rode my bike this morning for the first time in 9 months, 2 days and 1 hour -- rode with the sun rising and the moon setting -- 2013 is going to be an awesome year :)

Oh...we are having salmon and zu-noodles for dinner ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4254 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Cool, cheese buddies it is. Oh no, maybe I missed the point... Sounds great, though I think I am starting 2nd . Maybe the whole 29. Can you tell I am not good with rules?

January has 31 days, so the 2 nd might be correct?

I will be posting about cheese laden dinners every day in January ( whether we are eating them or not!). Posted Image

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4255 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

had to tell you all....

I rode my bike this morning for the first time in 9 months, 2 days and 1 hour -- rode with the sun rising and the moon setting -- 2013 is going to be an awesome year :)

Oh...we are having salmon and zu-noodles for dinner ;)

Do you just boil strips of zucchini like a pasta noodle? My SIL might like this. Maybe she should offer that in her " healthy" restaurant . She is diabetic and has to watch the carbs. She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#4256 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

Is that good?? I've got the recipe but was kinda afraid to try it...

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#4257 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Do you just boil strips of zucchini like a pasta noodle? My SIL might like this. Maybe she should offer that in her " healthy" restaurant . She is diabetic and has to watch the carbs. She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

don't even boil...Ive just been tossing with sauces (that are heated) and they wilt just enough to be kinda al dente - ish -- oh one serving yesterday I threw in a bowl with some chicken and pesto and nuked for about a minute just like you would to reheat leftovers

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4258 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is that good?? I've got the recipe but was kinda afraid to try it...

She liked it and her teen son liked it. It isn't low cal because its still full of cheese in her recipe. I'm looking thru my recipes for a moz stick one I have misplaced. If I see that, I'll post it so you can see if its the same.

LTES

#4259 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I make cauliflower "rice" and "fried rice" - all but one picky eater love it in our family

saw that cauliflower pizza recipe somewhere -- think I'm going to give it a try too

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4260 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

don't even boil...Ive just been tossing with sauces (that are heated) and they wilt just enough to be kinda al dente - ish -- oh one serving yesterday I threw in a bowl with some chicken and pesto and nuked for about a minute just like you would to reheat leftovers

I would like that. I sometimes add some frozen zuc to stuff for me. I can "hide" it in a few recipes. In the crockpot, if you cut it small, it cooks to mush.

LTES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: