9530 replies to this topic

#4261 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Cool, cheese buddies it is. Oh no, maybe I missed the point... Sounds great, though I think I am starting 2nd . Maybe the whole 29. Can you tell I am not good with rules?

okay, I see you are starting with the right attitude, there MW, already looking for ways to cheat (my kind of girl) ....But, it would still be 30, since there are 31 days in Jan. Can you tell I am very good at rationalizing cheating?

had to tell you all....
I rode my bike this morning for the first time in 9 months, 2 days and 1 hour -- rode with the sun rising and the moon setting -- 2013 is going to be an awesome year :)

Oh...we are having salmon and zu-noodles for dinner ;)

I am standing up and applauding you right now, Ski . I am over the moon happy for you because I know full well what this means to you.
And next summer, when I ride mine, you will cheer me too. Get some of those streamers that dangle from the hand grips

I zink that pozzibly the zu-noodles are making you zippy!

I will be posting about cheese laden dinners every day in January ( whether we are eating them or not!). Posted Image

what the....? :o were you also the thin girl who ate boxes of Girl Scout cookies in front of the chubsters? tsk tsk

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4262 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

My neighbor makes " mashed potatoes" with cauliflower & cheese. Her little grandson loves it and everyone eats it.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4263 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

And next summer, when I ride mine, you will cheer me too. Get some of those streamers that dangle from the hand grips

I zink that pozzibly the zu-noodles are making you zippy!

I zink 'tis quite pozzible - and I am going to keep those zucs shredded and ready

I will be jumping up and down in full happy dance mode for each victory you acceive this year :)

I'll send you some pretty pink streamers -- this sporty chick would be laughed out of the bike stable at our house ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4264 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Going to try to make a sour dough starter. Not the same one that was just posted on C.com . Posted Image

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#4265 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

My neighbor makes " mashed potatoes" with cauliflower & cheese. Her little grandson loves it and everyone eats it.

I do that too. It's pretty good, but really doesn't taste like potatoes to me. I can't fake myself into that one.

I think I'll make lasagna casserole tonight. 1 bowl, 5 min prep, done. Not in the mood to cook tonight :rolleyes:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#4266 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I got this for Xmas

http://www.cafepress...bites,555156733

LTES

#4267 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I got this for Xmas

http://www.cafepress...bites,555156733

Me too! :D

(and I gave one to someone as well)

Glad you forwarded that email to skiing Santa! I was wondering if he received it on the slopes. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4268 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Carne Adovado that had been marinating in my fridge for 1 1/2 days and will now cook for 12 hours. Probably some hot water cornbread and rice with tomatoes cooked in it. Or maybe corn spoonbread? Haven't decided yet whether I want to fry (HW cornbread) or bake (spponbread).

LTES

#4269 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Carne Adovado that had been marinating in my fridge for 1 1/2 days and will now cook for 12 hours. Probably some hot water cornbread and rice with tomatoes cooked in it. Or maybe corn spoonbread? Haven't decided yet whether I want to fry (HW cornbread) or bake (spponbread).

Having looked at pictures of both, and having quite an unhealthy affinity for fried foods, I vote frying. The pictures look divine! I didn't know such a thing exists, now I want some.

My plan was burgers on arepas. I'm sort of rethinking that now.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4270 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Finger foods. I am making:

Buffalo wings
Deviled wings
Garlic bread with my homemade bread
Korean scallion pancakes with sweet and spicy dip
Roasted sweet potato fries with warmed spices
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4271 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Oh man, K---that sounds LUSCIOUS.....what time should I be there? I can make margaritas or sangria.

Finger foods. I am making:

Buffalo wings
Deviled wings
Garlic bread with my homemade bread
Korean scallion pancakes with sweet and spicy dip
Roasted sweet potato fries with warmed spices

Sounds like total party food to me. After Karen's we'll hit your place.

I was making
Veal marsala and Risotto Milanese and sauteed chard, but now, I am not so sure.

I want what you're all having. :D

Last night, I made "everything but the kitchen sink nachos"
(you know, refried beans, jalapenos, guac, olives, chicken, salsa, sour cream, etc ...anything I found in the fridge....goes on top)

Have to get in all my cheese consumption before Jan.2. :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4272 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Oh man, K---that sounds LUSCIOUS.....what time should I be there? I can make margaritas or sangria.

Sounds like total party food to me. After Karen's we'll hit your place.

I was making
Veal marsala and Risotto Milanese and sauteed chard, but now, I am not so sure.

I want what you're all having. :D

Last night, I made "everything but the kitchen sink nachos"
(you know, refried beans, jalapenos, guac, olives, chicken, salsa, sour cream, etc ...anything I found in the fridge....goes on top)

Have to get in all my cheese consumption before Jan.2. :)

Forgot to add- black beans cooking in the other crockpot with onions, garlic & bacon. Margaritas, please!

Everything but the kitchen sink nachos at our house - J made them at Thanksgiving - smoked turkey, moz, cheddar, bacon & salsa

LTES

#4273 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I have family coming in from out of state and we are all getting together tonight. They had the idea for a big mexican dinner. I'm making black bean and corn salsa, Crossing fingers. chicken enchiladas with a cheese, sour cream sauce with green chiles. I cannot have tomoato, so I'm getting creative.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#4274 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I have family coming in from out of state and we are all getting together tonight. They had the idea for a big mexican dinner. I'm making black bean and corn salsa, Crossing fingers. chicken enchiladas with a cheese, sour cream sauce with green chiles. I cannot have tomoato, so I'm getting creative.

And you could have some tomato salsa to pass for those who like it! But it sounds yummy to me.

Not sure how strictly you are not eating tomatoes, I like Pacific Spicy Black Bean Soup ( not spicy really) for enchilada sauce. It does have some tomato paste in it.

LTES

#4275 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Forgot to add- black beans cooking in the other crockpot with onions, garlic & bacon. Margaritas, please!

Everything but the kitchen sink nachos at our house - J made them at Thanksgiving - smoked turkey, moz, cheddar, bacon & salsa

Margaritas coming up!
I love that J used bacon on the nachos. cool idea! . I put bacon in some chicken quesadillas recently.yum.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE black beans. Did I ever share the black bean and turkey chili recipe on here? very good stuff.

CKip, I had to give up tomatoes --and all citrus ---for a year (that really sucked) and I found them hard to work around, and I hope you get them back someday.

I have Two suggestions for you:

(1) http://givemesomefoo...oes_we_don.html

and

(2)

Mango Pineapple Salsa

1 mango, diced small
1/2 pineapple, diced small
1/2 red onion, diced small
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
small bunch fresh chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lime
Mix together.

Good with corn chips, on grilled chicken or fish, too.

Have a wonderful family gathering!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: