9530 replies to this topic

#4321 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

It was a doozy (and good riddance to bad rubbish ...as my Dad would say)
and I hope you are feeling chipper and ready for 2013. Many blessings to you!

Our dads were alike! Thanks Ginny... onward and upward.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4322 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yep, I kicked 2012's butt last night :ph34r: as he was sneaking out the door. And well he should sneak, preferably with his tail between his legs, for the miserable year he inflicted :rolleyes:

Hope you gave it an extra swift one fer me, Shroom!

Happy New Year everybody :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4323 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Our dads were alike! Thanks Ginny... onward and upward, and right back at you.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4324 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Last night's dinner was " Experimental Snack Night":

Bacon jam
Potato snowballs ( mashed potatoes around a piece of moz or cheddar, coated in bread crumbs and baked"
Mozzarella " sticks" ( spray mini muffing pan with a good coating of olive oil, breadcrumbs, cheese cube, cover with more bread crumbs & spritz of olive oil)
Champagne Cheddar spread
Apples, against the Grain baguette, assorted gluten-free crackers, encore cheese sliced

Verdict:
J didn't care for any of it except the left- over cheese and apples
M liked it all except he wouldn't try the RBJ
hub & I liked it all. He was surprised how much he like the RBJ. The potato balls were a bit bland. The recipe doesn't call for seasoning the potatoes. However, RBJ on top gives them a great flavor. Maybe put it in the middle and season the potatoes with salt, garlic powder, etc.

Put some RBj in the freezer, hope it freezes well.

Tonight: pizza

Trying to make a sourdough crust. Might put a bit of the RBJ on one pizza.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4325 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yep, I kicked 2012's butt last night :ph34r: as he was sneaking out the door. And well he should sneak, preferably with his tail between his legs, for the miserable year he inflicted :rolleyes:

I'm with you - can hardly wait to see 2012 in the rear view mirror - cheers to a healthy '13 EVERYONE!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4326 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Oh dinnner....

Surf & Turf
Extra Large Shrimp (no lobster or crab anymore)
Extra Thick Rib Eyes

Maybe a veggie or two as sides - maybe.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4327 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Happy New Year!!

I don't exactly celebrate and I have 5 more hours of this year staring me down. I'm saving up all my energy for this weekend, I don't need to wear myself out with parties tonight. We just had a little pizza and we'll probably watch some bad TV.

Best of luck with that whole skiing thing. I shudder at the thought of that much time out in the cold, but I promise to have a cup of hot chocolate tomorrow and think of you. :P While I don't understand the draw, I'm thrilled for you that you're going to be doing something you so clearly love so much.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4328 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

http://sphotos-a.xx....220743597_n.jpg

Not sad to see 2012 in the rear view -- but it did have a few wonderful moments -- good health for all in 2013!!!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4329 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Lovely ski. How fantastic to be back doing what you love. All smiles here for you xx
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4330 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Bacon jam on pizza! This is a fabulous invention! Made a sour dough crust & partially baked, generously applied olive oil then dabs of RBJ then moz, provolone, feta, asiago and parm! So yummy!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#4331 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Bacon jam on pizza! This is a fabulous invention! Made a sour dough crust & partially baked, generously applied olive oil then dabs of RBJ then moz, provolone, feta, asiago and parm! So yummy!

Whoohoo! Another RBJ convert!
Did you think we would lead you astray ?? Never!

..........and 5 kinds of cheeses??? really K? Ouch

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4332 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

The recipe for the sour dough crust PLEASE !!!!!! :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#4333 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

The recipe for the sour dough crust PLEASE !!!!!!

I'll have to write it up. If I don't put it up by tomorrow afternoon, someone pm me and remind me.

LTES

#4334 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I'll have to write it up. If I don't put it up by tomorrow afternoon, someone pm me and remind me.

..........and with that, K found herself barraged with 268 PMs.... :lol:

(and possibly a mild case of C from 5 kinds of cheeses!!!!!!!!!!!)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4335 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Wow, Karen, you weren't joking on the cheese thing :).

For the record, Irish and I agreed to start on 2nd, so your cheese taunts mean nothing (yet....). Can you imagine anything more hilarious than the 2 of us keeping each other on the straight and narrow?!
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: