#4426 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Sora, I love short ribs. The following are amongst my favourites:
http://www.epicuriou...-233706?mbid=RF (yes, they contain chocolate, but it is sort of almost mole-ish).
http://www.napastyle...25S6-_-p-_-Ribs
http://www.saveur.co...Ribs-1000068952
http://www.cookstr.c...rt-ribs-of-beef
http://tastykitchen....rint=1/#size3x5

Let me know if you want more ideas. I haven't even gone through any of my hundreds of cookbooks yet!

See. Sora---told you she would give you some amazing resources!

Love2, .....I gave her ONE recipe idea yesterday ...but said " throw it out to the master."

(Look at that smug little smile it's wearing) :P

........it's because he knows he is worshiped and adored by us all.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4427 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sora, I love short ribs. The following are amongst my favourites:
http://www.epicuriou...-233706?mbid=RF (yes, they contain chocolate, but it is sort of almost mole-ish).
http://www.napastyle...25S6-_-p-_-Ribs
http://www.saveur.co...Ribs-1000068952
http://www.cookstr.c...rt-ribs-of-beef
http://tastykitchen....rint=1/#size3x5

Let me know if you want more ideas. I haven't even gone through any of my hundreds of cookbooks yet!

Thank you, It's a toss up between #1 and #3

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4428 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Dinner tonight:

Burgers with mushrooms and onions
Avocado halves with bacon crumbles and balsamic glaze (thank you, Sora for that recipe)
Green beans or asparagus--have to see what they look like at the market.

Day 2 ....and fortheloveofmike, I swear I am having w/d from sugar and cheese ...and this is not fun at all

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4429 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Not to worry....Superman has returned!

For dinner -- thai curry chicken -- with get this -- no curry powder -- found an interesting recipe in the newspaper's food mag -- wish me luck!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4430 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Dinner tonight:

Avocado halves with bacon crumbles (thank you, Sora for that recipe)

Day 2 ....and fortheloveofmike, I swear I am having w/d from sugar and cheese ...and this is not fun at all

Didn't that bacon article say something about bacon being good for sugar withdrawal?

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#4431 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Not to worry....Superman has returned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSvnykfR_BE

For dinner -- thai curry chicken -- with get this -- no curry powder -- found an interesting recipe in the newspaper's food mag -- wish me luck!

So happy you are getting excited about Thai chicken! I have never, ever used curry powder in Thai dishes but instead make all my pastes from scratch with kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, chiles, etc. Curry powder to Thai chicken is as authentic as Spam is to bacon. Who needs curry powder? I LAUGH in the face of curry powder. :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4432 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Thank you, It's a toss up between #1 and #3

I know what you mean. Both are equally good, actually, and completely different from one another. Let us know what you decide! Short ribs should be its own food group, as bacon should be. :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4433 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Luck! and if it is edible, please share? thanks, toots. I am not crazy about the overwhelming taste of curry powder (I think it tastes like soap) , although I love Thai dishes....go figure...Nice superman. :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4434 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

So happy you are getting excited about Thai chicken! I have never, ever used curry powder in Thai dishes but instead make all my pastes from scratch with kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, chiles, etc. Curry powder to Thai chicken is as authentic as Spam is to bacon. Who needs curry powder? I LAUGH in the face of curry powder. :lol:

this is what I prefer.....curry powder (blech) ....where do I find kaffir lime leaves.? Asian market probably..

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4435 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I know what you mean. Both are equally good, actually, and completely different from one another. Let us know what you decide! Short ribs should be its own food group, as bacon should be. :)

I am thinking #1. If I am risking a migraine then I might as well go for wine and chocolate!

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#4436 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

this is what I prefer.....curry powder (blech) ....where do I find kaffir lime leaves.? Asian market probably..

Definitely not around here but when my husband takes me to the nearest city (three hours away) every two months on culinary escapes (as we call these trips) we find the lime leaves (fresh and frozen) at an Asian market. We stay in a tiny boutique hotel that is so charming. It only has about 12 rooms I think and each time you get a different one. They are all plush but very different from one another as the building is old (for our standards) and all higgledy piggledy. It is a treat, that is for sure. So, we book the sweet hotel, make dinner reservations at amazing restaurants and go food shopping. We hit the Asian market, the Latino shop, the huge Italian Centre, large indoor Farmer's Market, and gluten-free shop. We usually come home with an enormous haul but this is what we love to do. This is our entertainment. Anyway, we are going next weekend and I cannot wait. Though I'm in lots of pain we are going. As you know, I always lie down in the Jeep en route, but nothing will keep me away from those stores.

How do you like that for a short concise answer? :lol:

#4437 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

I am thinking #1. If I am risking a migraine then I might as well go for wine and chocolate!

You are sure to love it. It will grow on you and then you will become addicted like me. Heck - once we had something similar only with blue cheese added! FANTASTIC. So, if cheese causes migraines as it used to me, go all out...

#4438 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

L2T and Irish (Irish knows) in one of my past lives ;) I lived in Thailand and it was an all day process to make our curries. Shopping for ingredients, sitting on the floor and pounding the spices and cooking it. Then eating it, the best part.
I can actually smell it right now. Must make curry soon.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#4439 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Dinner tonight:

Avocado halves with bacon crumbles (thank you, Sora for that recipe)

This looks soooooooooooo darned good. Sometimes you've just got to have a great burger. And I know yours will be no ordinary burger.

#4440 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

L2T and Irish (Irish knows) in one of my past lives ;) I lived in Thailand and it was an all day process to make our curries. Shopping for ingredients, sitting on the floor and pounding the spices and cooking it. Then eating it, the best part.
I can actually smell it right now. Must make curry soon.

I did not know that! Or if I did I had forgotten. :( Obviously you know your Thai curries like no other! Anyway, there is something so gratifying and therapeutic about making curries from scratch, isn't there? I made one last week. I don't know which I like better - red or green. I'd have to say both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: