#4441 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

YES! YES, that's right....I found DANCING BACON!!! booyah!

LOVE this. Where on earth do you get your...uh...thingers? This bacon guy is so cute I could just pinch his fatty cheeks.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4442 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

I did not know that! Or if I did I had forgotten. :( Obviously you know your Thai curries like no other! Anyway, there is something so gratifying and therapeutic about making curries from scratch, isn't there? I made one last week. I don't know which I like better - red or green. I'd have to say both.

We always had red when there but now days I prefer green. We used to make red with those giant lovely Thai scampi and fresh pineapple chunks. So delicious, try it if you can get some scampi on your shopping trip.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4443 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Here is the article that was in my inbox this morning -- like I need more reasons to want bacon ;)

http://articles.merc...30103_DNL_art_1

This is an interesting article. I know that occasional bacon makes my heart happy! :wub:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4444 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

We always had red when there but now days I prefer green. We used to make red with those giant lovely Thai scampi and fresh pineapple chunks. So delicious, try it if you can get some scampi on your shopping trip.

MMMMMM! On our culinary trips we take along our coolers, of course, so will be on the lookout for scampi (which will not be the freshest as the nearest sea is about 2,500 miles away). But the combination with pineapple sounds wonderful.

#4445 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

LOVE this. Where on earth do you get your...uh...thingers?

well, let's see.....I get the emoticons by googling words like " bacon emoticons" and dancing boy here popped up

and I get my uh ...thingers..... elsewhere ;) he he he

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4446 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

well, let's see.....I get the emoticons by googling words like " bacon emoticons" and dancing boy here popped up

and I get my uh ...thingers..... elsewhere ;) he he he

LOL! I was also thinking all sorts of inappropriate things when I read that. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4447 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Menu change -- the recipe I had called for lime zest -- my curiosity has spiked for some ingredients L2T has posted -- so a field trip to the asian market is now on my to do in the morning list.

Tonight will be enchiladas with cream/green sauce -- need to make an extra cassorole for a neighbor and this will do nicely.

zu-noodles and cilantro "pesto" for me

Sinful Choc Cake for men and neighbor.
Choc "Mousse" for me :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4448 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

How do you like that for a short concise answer? :lol:

I loved it ! Compared to some of my long answers on the board, it was just a telegraph. :D

I felt as if I were right there with you shopping. Sounds like fun.

and by the way, only you can use the term " higgledy piggledy" and get away with it.

:huh:( now, if I had said that, Adalaide and/or Karen would have been all over it like a cheap suit.)

Your expeditions are much like our trips to NYC..I like to hit .the wine shops in particular..then, pack up the car and haul it all back home.

Gotta keep our kitchens and pantries stocked!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4449 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

and for added inspiration, this guy (whom I think resembles Johnny Depp a bit) would like
to apply for a position as a cabana boy....

Posted Image

eew, no! and let me tell you why:

our son goes out with us to shows (most times at bars) so last saturday night, we are out seeing a local band reunion and (YES they stock redbridge for me!!) some woman, younger than me, but not tooo much younger, is dancing beside me and making motions at harry (son, 26 - yeah, he's a hottie, lolz) who is standing in front of me close to the stage. i made a face at her and she hollers in my ear: don't you just want to put him in your pocket and save him for later? i said: NO! at that point harry turned around and tells her: that's my mom......

now. the guy who plays 'brady black' on "days" - he looks like he can wield a shovel while fixing a mai-tai...... ;) oh, hell, he doesn't hafta do anything. except get naked :D Posted Image

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4450 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Okay, guys, I'm going to have to take computer lessons from Ginny, because all I can do is post a URL for y'all, but here is the ultimate bacon melange:

http://shine.yahoo.c...-165400311.html

THIS is pure, artistic, delicious genius !!!!!!!!!!! :D thanx, shroomie!!!! i stole it and put it on my facebook as 'serendipity' lol

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#4451 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Steak, sweet potato (just as well I am not doing a rotation diet too, but note to self...) spring greens, carrots, sprouts, coconut oil.

Is it just me, or does tthe coconut oil have a salty aftertaste?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4452 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

o and tonight we are having 'encore' venison burritos - we cooked sooooo much (for like, 15-20 people) between Christmas and new year's i feel like eating snacks for dinner :)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#4453 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Is it just me, or does tthe coconut oil have a salty aftertaste?

Not that I notice, hon.It just tastes "coconutty". Is it spoiled? Although that's hard to do--it has a long shelf life.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4454 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Okay, guys, I'm going to have to take computer lessons from Ginny, because all I can do is post a URL for y'all, but here is the ultimate bacon melange:

http://shine.yahoo.c...-165400311.html

I tried for you........ but he refuses to be "copied". :D

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4455 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

After all the Thai food talk I was craving some. I made Thai omelet with basmati rice.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: