9533 replies to this topic

#4456 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

After all the Thai food talk I was craving some. I made Thai omelet with basmati rice.

Sounds great! What did you put in it, Sora?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4457 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Tonight we are having:

Lamb Chops that we were going to have last night then my pain went haywire. :angry: So, we are having the lamb that I marinated in a whole schwack of lovely things (including orange juice, juniper berries, gin, fresh thyme and rosemary, garlic) that will have a Dijon sauce brushed on it and then covered in a yummy breadcrumb mixture and broiled.

Along with the lamb will be lentils braised in red wine, et. al. and spicy Japanese daikon and cucumber salad.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4458 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

well, let's see.....I get the emoticons by googling words like " bacon emoticons" and dancing boy here popped up

and I get my uh ...thingers..... elsewhere ;) he he he

I use "thingers" often at home. I mean the WORD "thingers". That didn't come out right methinks. "Thingers" can mean so many things in so many situations. It is quite...er...interchangeable. ^_^

#4459 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

LOL! I was also thinking all sorts of inappropriate things when I read that. :lol:

I bet you were the only one here would have thought inappropriate things. Hee hee... :rolleyes: Some of us are pure as the driven snow.

#4460 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

I loved it ! Compared to some of my long answers on the board, it was just a telegraph. :D

I felt as if I were right there with you shopping. Sounds like fun.

and by the way, only you can use the term " higgledy piggledy" and get away with it.

:huh:( now, if I had said that, Adalaide and/or Karen would have been all over it like a cheap suit.)

Your expeditions are much like our trips to NYC..I like to hit .the wine shops in particular..then, pack up the car and haul it all back home.

Gotta keep our kitchens and pantries stocked!

When I food shop I am in the zone. Sometimes I get tears in my eyes when I see the amazing produce and exotic ingredients that I have only read/dreamed of. Can you imagine you and I taking over NYC? I have not been there but would fly there just for the food. You and I could do some serious damage.

"Higgledy piggledy" and "gobsmacked" are amongst my favourite British words. Here goes...

Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy.

#4461 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Sounds great! What did you put in it, Sora?

Onion, garlic, ground beef and fresh tomato chopped. Add Thai fish sauce. You make the egg part in a wok, coating the wok by rolling the wok over the heat to cook the egg until it is very thin, add your meat mixture, fold the egg over to make a square packet and eat with Sirachai sauce. Delicious!

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4462 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

"Higgledy piggledy" and "gobsmacked" are amongst my favourite British words. Here goes...

Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy.

Well, I am gobsmacked at this display of shenanigans from you, young lady. :lol: I can't stop laughing.

The first time I heard a man in Ireland say "shut yer gob" to someone, I nearly fell off the bar stool laughing.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4463 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I use "thingers" often at home. I mean the WORD "thingers". That didn't come out right methinks. "Thingers" can mean so many things in so many situations. It is quite...er...interchangeable. ^_^

un huh...and they go with doohickeys and whatchermacallits and thingamabobs...

yes, ladies, celiac has made us all so eloquent. :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4464 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Onion, garlic, ground beef and fresh tomato chopped. Add Thai fish sauce. You make the egg part in a wok, coating the wok by rolling the wok over the heat to cook the egg until it is very thin, add your meat mixture, fold the egg over to make a square packet and eat with Sirachai sauce. Delicious!

That sounds incredible. I have not made Thai omelettes but you have inspired me to do so. I just told my husband about it and we're going to make some this weekend. Sriracha sauce....mmmmmmmmmm...

#4465 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

un huh...and they go with doohickeys and whatchermacallits and thingamabobs...

yes, ladies, celiac has made us all so eloquent. :lol:

Since joining this forum I feel far more verbose than ever before for some strange reason. It really leaves me gobsmacked. :lol:

#4466 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

(

You said " roommate". Is this a " just helping pay the rent" roommate? Or a sleep in the same bed roommate? Because a sleep in the same bed roommate might be sleeping in his car.

He's the roommate formerly known as boyfriend, significant other for 12 years. Aak! Common law...Aak!

Last night I told him he is just "other" now.

Today he told me I can just call him SUD for Suck Up Danny.

Here's the part that makes me realize that he'll never, ever get it.

He explained that since he knows I can have hamburger, he thought salmon burger would be okay. I questioned him like Perry Mason: "Did you ask the guys at the fish counter if it was gluten-free?" "Did you read the label?" "Do you realize I bought you peepers so you can read the labels?" His answer was "no" on all accounts except the 3rd.

I concluded with that and asked him to please use the scratched non-stick pan I threw away 2 plus years ago for cooking it. (He retrieved it.) Naaaa....he used our grill.

Anyway, back to original topic, I served very spicy Indian Chicken tonight with lots of veggies. SUD doesn't care for spicy food, Indian food or veggies. I cooked the veggies in the sauce. I made his head sweat. I gluten-free curried him!

Over dinner, I inquired if the chicken was better than the salmon burgers or loaf. He said it was. (Maybe a SUD statement.) I asked if it had ever dawned on him that groceriy stores usually use fish or meat they're ready to throw out for loaves and burgers.\\

Maybe I'll stop tormenting him tomorrow.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4467 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Since joining this forum I feel far more verbose than ever before for some strange reason. It really leaves me gobsmacked. :lol:

We just bring out the worst :lol:chattiness in others? Good for the soul to have such fun chatting.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4468 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I am skilled in the art of a$$-kick. Lemme know where and when. ;)

C'mon down. Whoop up on him! Give him a little lesson in Gluten anger.

There's a gluten-free Expo in S. Florida in Feb... 2/17/13, c'mon down. We'll have a whoop up, then go to the festival.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4469 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

lol, DH made me gluten free burger and fries (pity party post the other day) ;)
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

#4470 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

WTF somebody lives in Florida and they come home with, first, salmon,and secondly, glutenoid salmon ? :blink: That takes some special kind of talent. Then they put this stuff on the grill as if heat can make the problemo go adios. Is 2013 the Year of Magical Thinking ? You'd better tell him not to show up next with imitation crab <_< :angry:

I bucked up and grocery shopped today. It can't be blamed on him. He had spaggeti out of a can until he went to college, and doesn't know the difference between an avacado and an artichoke. The rest of his life he survived on BBQ,

I blame it on his evil mother. She never included him in cooking and hated cooking, always went for the quick way out. He grew up on canned spaggeti. No wonder he's not right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: