9633 replies to this topic

#4471 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well, we would have to keep remaking them because they would go off pretty quick :huh:

I wonder what he did with all the grease. Thanks for sharing.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4472 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I wonder what he did with all the grease. Thanks for sharing.

Three-year supply of tasty cooking fat :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4473 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I blame it on his evil mother. She never included him in cooking and hated cooking, always went for the quick way out. He grew up on canned spaggeti. No wonder he's not right.

I got me one of those! I swear he practically breaks out in a sweat if a vegetable that isn't either lettuce or a fresh, uncooked carrot gets within about 10 feet of his face. He was mostly living on frozen pizzas before he met me. I have vastly expanded his horizons and am slowly working on him. I swear though... omg... he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 9 and suddenly his mom would do anything to get him to eat. That meant catering to his every last food whim. It makes me crazy to think about, so mostly I don't.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4474 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

We just bring out the worst :lol:chattiness in others? Good for the soul to have such fun chatting.

I love this thread -- hubby and I call it the "Hen Party" -- my dear MIL had a "Bridge" group for over 40 years that never played bridge -- took me about a decade to figure that out ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4475 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I love this thread -- hubby and I call it the "Hen Party" -- my dear MIL had a "Bridge" group for over 40 years that never played bridge -- took me about a decade to figure that out ;)

That is so not true!! We always manage to squeeze in a few hands. Someone has to win the chocolate fish :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#4476 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

:lol: Cute about the "bridge" group. I should refer to this thread as "bridge" when talking about it to my husband so I don't have to say ten other words. ^_^ Lazy? A resounding yes.

This is the first forum I have joined that is really and truly fun. The other few forums I participate on are about travel and food and quite serious and passionate.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4477 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

This is the first forum I have joined that is really and truly fun. The other few forums I participate on are about travel and food and quite serious and passionate.

You can't be passionate about fun?? :blink: :huh:
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#4478 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Sorry - I worded my thoughts incorrectly. The others I am on can become heated because they are so intensely passionate about food ingredients and such ilk. Passionate to the point of anger. This is calmer, less intense and more relaxed (generally speaking). Believe me, I am passionate about fun! And food, too. ^_^ It is great to be passionate in what you do and do not believe in but sometimes the manner in which it comes across can be hurtful as I've seen on boards. Man, I am not explaining myself very well tonight. Sigh...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4479 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Seriously, if we lived near each other we would have wicked good fun.....and this is of course, also my favorite thread.
Hubs knows when I have been reading it because I am laughing so hard
At night, I mumble in my sleep sometimes.....bacon, cabana boys, juniper berries, croatia, cheese, private compound.......

I think so! I am passionate about fun. I am passionate about everything I like.
I think she meant it in another way, though.
Like "angry".

Love2 and Ski and I were typing at the same time!! LOL

Edited by IrishHeart, 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4480 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Sorry - I worded my thoughts incorrectly. The others I am on can become heated because they are so intensely passionate about food ingredients and such ilk. Passionate to the point of anger. This is calmer, less intense and more relaxed (generally speaking). Believe me, I am passionate about fun! And food, too. ^_^ It is great to be passionate in what you do and do not believe in but sometimes the manner in which it comes across can be hurtful as I've seen on boards. Man, I am not explaining myself very well tonight. Sigh...

You explain yourself quite well -- completely understand -- hard on forums sometimes as it is hard to get the tone of the conversation when you can't see the person's mannerisms and animated gestures (I don't mean the rude ones)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4481 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Seriously, if we lived near each other we would have wicked good fun.....and this is of course, also my favorite thread.
Hubs knows when I have been reading it because I am laughing so hard
At night, I mumble in my sleep sometimes.....bacon, cabana boys, juniper berries, croatia, cheese, private compound.......

I think so! I am passionate about fun. I am passionate about everything I like.

Me, too. I am extremely passionate about what I like as well as adamantly passionate about what I do not like at times, too!

#4482 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

We know what you mean, sweetie-- :)you mean "aggressive" in the approach to the point of not listening to another?.
....yeah, we do not like that much on here either....and that's why this thread is the best.!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4483 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

You explain yourself quite well -- completely understand -- hard on forums sometimes as it is hard to get the tone of the conversation when you can't see the person's mannerisms and animated gestures (I don't mean the rude ones)

Thanks. It is so true that mannerisms, tone and even personality at times do not get across as you would like. And usually in the evenings I am in so much pain that my synapses have shorted out. :(

#4484 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

We know what you mean, sweetie-- :)you mean "aggressive" in the approach to the point of not listening to another?.
....yeah, we do not like that much on here either....and that's why this thread is the best.

Yes! Exactly. Aggressive. Again, I could have summed it up in one word. Ah, well...

#4485 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Thanks. It is so true that mannerisms, tone and even personality at times do not get across as you would like. And usually in the evenings I am in so much pain that my synapses have shorted out. :(

unfortunately we all understand this too -- all the more reason to giggle whenever possible :)

ps...any roosters reading along are welcome to join in the fun -- I happen to have three wonderful male chefs in my house -- of course they are all afraid of sticking their toe in a "Hen Party" -- all welcome to this delicious and fun thread!!!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: