This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

.  One day I spoke to the lady with the cat in depth about it, and I asked her how she is able to stab her cat many times a day.  She said her cat just seems to know it is going to make him feel better and lets her do it.  I thought then that she must be a miracle worker because my cat would murder my face. Haha. 

We had an 18 year old cat named Thor who eventually required subcutaneous saline every few days. This meant holding her on my lap --keeping her still while J inserted the needle and then we (all 3 )sat there calmly for 10 minutes or so while she was hydrating.

I thought, she'll never stay still for that. She was our wild child who roamed 7 acres all day and only came in at night to sleep on J's head. lol 

or sit on my shoulder when I read in bed. She turned the pages for me.(true story!)

Anyway, we figured out the less nervous we were about it, the anxious she was about it. This was going to save her life. so...we did it.

It became routine and never a struggle as long as we approached her with calm and spoke soothingly and sat still with her.

Our animals sense our anxiety, fear, sadness and joy. I don't care what anyone says to the contrary.

Dinner tonight will be decided after I go to the meat market, but I assure you all, as soon as this 30 day trial is over, I'm eating a freakin pizza.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

Poor Mui has never minded shots. He's always good at the vet, was fine for getting blood drawn by them and letting them stab a needle straight into his bladder. He doesn't care if someone grabs his neck and stabs him with a needle. He just does not. like. his. ears. touched. Although admittedly, I do think my husband was being a little bit teensy bit nervous. Me, the one who may break out in hives from touching the beast was all fine, calm and straightforward business. Frankly though, even though I stayed perfectly calm and was fine with it, one of my least favorite things is being at the business end of a cat with claws and stabbing it. It pretty much sounds like a suicide wish. :lol:

I'm glad your kitty wasn't a spaz when it counted. My husband's Mui is just a little psychotic.

I'm going to have to figure out dinner. I have to work today and my husband texted me a while ago to tell me he is incredibly sick so I imagine he won't be eating with me. I may just get a dish of enchiladas out of the freezer which will be meals for 2 days. He can have soup and tea and keep at least 3 feet away from me at all times. :ph34r:

Aquadan005 Rookie

Even though I am a newbie, and I hate to just jump in to long established threads like this one, I'm going to post my menu for tonight since it's the first true meal of my new year (I've been living on plain chicken, boiled rice and oatmeal since early Dec.)

Anyhow; Triple Apple Threat Pork Chops, home made Rice pilaf and steamed Broc & Cauli 

Can't wait, my tastebuds won't know what hit em' !

kareng Grand Master

Even though I am a newbie, and I hate to just jump in to long established threads like this one, I'm going to post my menu for tonight since it's the first true meal of my new year (I've been living on plain chicken, boiled rice and oatmeal since early Dec.)

Anyhow; Triple Apple Threat Pork Chops, home made Rice pilaf and steamed Broc & Cauli 

Remember - I told you - we like people to just jump in.  :)

What are Triple threat chops? 

Aquadan005 Rookie

Remember - I told you we like people to just jump in.

What are Triple threat chops? 

Pork chops, with Apple cider, apple brandy and fresh sliced apples. the sauce is reduced down with heavy cream and served over the chops.

kareng Grand Master

Pork chops, with Apple cider, apple brandy and fresh sliced apples. the sauce is reduced down with heavy cream and served over the chops.

OH MY!  What time is dinner?

Aquadan005 Rookie

OH MY!  What time is dinner?

6 ish!  

BTW, not to rub it in, but sorry bout your Chiefs! I feel your pain though, I am a lifelong Eagles fan. Not the snowball throwing, vulgar, idiot type though ;-)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

6 ish!  

BTW, not to rub it in, but sorry bout your Chiefs! I feel your pain though, I am a lifelong Eagles fan. Not the snowball throwing, vulgar, idiot type though ;-)

We are all so excited because we haven't had a season this good in a long time!

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight, even though I can't stop thinking about the best pizza ever I ate yesterday and am tempted to go pick up another one.... haha... I am making red beans and rice.  I make the beans in a crock pot (half recipe/half sized crock pot)  via this recipe:  http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-red-beans-rice.html  just no sausage today.  I make either red beans, black beans, or black eyed peas like this about once a week.  Yay Fiber.

IrishHeart Veteran

JUMP! JUMP! LOL

We love bold types.

And dinner sounds FAB!!  ;)

Aquadan005 Rookie

So, either I drank too much of the aplle brandy while cooking or the recipe just wasn't as good as it sounded, was kinda bland. I'll have to give this one another spin sometime and tweak it, ALOT!

Now, what to make tonight,hmmm....

notme Experienced

So, either I drank too much of the aplle brandy while cooking or the recipe just wasn't as good as it sounded, was kinda bland. I'll have to give this one another spin sometime and tweak it, ALOT!

Now, what to make tonight,hmmm....

lolz - did you have a 'formal' recipe or were you just winging it ?  i wonder if a marinade or rub combined with some awesome apple goodness alcohol cream sauce would be good..............   hmmmmmmm.....................  i *do* loves to play wit ma food.......  ;)

irish, get that house done.  watch out for them indians. 

my interwebs have miraculously repaired themselves?  so, no eye candy to-day  ;)  my husband says "NOBODY gets a little fridge magnet with the repair guys cell phone # on it"  LOLZ sometimes i wonder if he pays these guys to be extra nice to me to keep my giant ego intact  <_<

last night, i made ground lamb kabobs - dee lishioussssssnessss - served with flatbread, tzakiki <(sp) (cucumber/garlic/yogurt sauce) tomato, lettuce, kalamatas, feta. 

tonight i want fish sammiches, like a filet-o-fish but with actual fish.  i wonder how onion rings are fried in coconut oil.  note to self:  take some out BEFORE you fry stuff if you want to try it on your dry skin..............

Adalaide Mentor

Apparently glaring at a sick husband does not provide adequate protection from illness. <_< On a bright note though, the library texted me today to let me know that it's my turn to borrow Fahrenheit 451 which is one of my favorite ever books. So I went and picked it up to keep me busy for the weekend. I'm not coughing too much yet so hopefully I didn't infect anyone. :ph34r:

I had a grilled ham and cheese as something like a late lunch or early dinner. Not really sure which. Then later this evening I snacked on pepperonis, mozzarella and Breton crackers. Cooking is really high on my list of things I'm not doing right now.

Adalaide Mentor

I really feel like fresh bread, but have mildly less energy than I estimate a half dead sloth does. So I'm just going to throw together a pan of flatbread, maybe with some rosemary or something in it. If I can find any further ambition I'll have something with my flatbread. If not, maybe I'll just open a jar of spaghetti sauce for dipping or a can of roasted tomatoes to make a quick sauce from.

notme Experienced

we are having venison stew.  i am throwing things in a pot - so far, i have:

BACON  <yeah!

onion

venison

diced tomatoes

beef broth

i has corn, carrots & taters, maybe some green beans........

feel better, addy, the flu is SUCKY  :(

IrishHeart Veteran

Addy

Don't those tomatoes cause histamine symptoms for you?  (if not, mazeltov!). They would make me burst into flames.

Bunless burgers with sauteed onions, sweet potato fries, gluten-free beer for the hubs.

We like watching the playoffs and this is football food 

LauraTX Rising Star

Then later this evening I snacked on pepperonis, mozzarella and Breton crackers. 

I finally picked up some of those Breton crackers and I am a believer now. lol.  Tonight is grilled chicken with sweet potatoes and carrots.  An Orange meal, haha.

Adalaide Mentor

Addy

Don't those tomatoes cause histamine symptoms for you?  (if not, mazeltov!). They would make me burst into flames.

Bunless burgers with sauteed onions, sweet potato fries, gluten-free beer for the hubs.

We like watching the playoffs and this is football food 

Shhhh..... I was thinking a small amount, which won't be so bad. Especially if I don't do something stupid like get out that block of parm to shave some off on my bread.

Aquadan005 Rookie

So we had spaghetti for dinner, gluten free of course. I was pleasantly surprised by the pasta. Bionature organic gluten free, made from rice, potato and soy. Smothered of course with my own homemade sauce. At least I won't have to suffer when it comes to spaghetti !!

LauraTX Rising Star

So we had spaghetti for dinner, gluten free of course. I was pleasantly surprised by the pasta. Bionature organic gluten free, made from rice, potato and soy. Smothered of course with my own homemade sauce. At least I won't have to suffer when it comes to spaghetti !!

:)  Glad to hear you had a good meal.  It sounds like you got lucky finding a pasta brand you like on the first try! Definitely do not have to miss out on pasta.

Tonight I made chicken quesadillas with refried beans and fresh guac.  Hubby hates it so more for me!

love2travel Mentor

Crispy pork carnitas

Cheesy cauliflower bake

Cabbage slaw

Homemade Arabian cucumber pickles

Flourless bittersweet chocolate cake with hazelnut butter filling

IrishHeart Veteran

Tonight I made chicken quesadillas with refried beans and fresh guac.  Hubby hates it so more for me!

I would soooo eat his portion!   But not right now. I'm  still torturing myself with this paleo thinger.  ^_^

Crispy pork carnitas

Cheesy cauliflower bake

Cabbage slaw

Homemade Arabian cucumber pickles

Flourless bittersweet chocolate cake with hazelnut butter filling

cake? I don't have any cake. I love cake. 

I've got a mixed salad greens with pork roast and some coconut "Ice Cream".

.............mumbling.....people are eating quesadillas and crackers and cheese and chocolate cake in here....damn it....any crumbs around?? look on the floor, look on the floor.! wait.....what's that...is that some cracker over there?....

Aquadan005 Rookie

Found lasagna noodles in Giant today. Woo-Hoo ! can't wait for dinner on Monday!

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight I got some small strip steaks, green beans, and risotto.

notme Experienced

last night i had:

spinach salad (OM GOSH i made the most awesome crunchies with rice chex and almonds to go on salad - after numerous attempts i have finally got it right :D)  with mandarin oranges, gorgonzola, craisins & poppyseed dressing <brianna's oh, so good!)

'bang bang' shrimp - bonefish copycat recipe

rice noodles

white mice cookies :) 

and i took that to my lion's club meeting - i go in with my giant backpack and many tiny containers and take over half a table lolz

tonight i has a belgian endive - i'm thinking some kind of salad - it's play wit ma food night, because the husband is Out of Town  :D

irish - SURELY YOU CAN EAT GELATO?????  <it's a superfood, after all............  ;)  and it's my plan B in case i make a debauchery of belgian endives.