This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

I'm trying a new recipe tonight. Something my SIL (for some reason my favorite one, being one I've never met) shared on facebook. It didn't have a name, so I'm calling it Parmesan crusted chicken. It looks really good. I'm still debating whether I want risotto or something else with it. And I'm sure something vegetablish.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

come dance with me Enthusiast

Chickpea rounds, mashed potato, steamed veges (broccoli, carrots and beans) for us tonight.

LauraTX Rising Star

Made nachos for lunch, and had grilled pork chops with sweet potatoes and green beans for dinner.

LauraTX Rising Star

So today I was scheduled to have my gallbladder removed, but I had to postpone it because I was extremely sick last week, and am still weak and on antibiotics.  I am not very happy to live with this thing causing problems for another two months- the first good period of time to do it again will be late March.  Ah well.

Today it was acting up so I had chicken and rice soup with those breton crackers everyone has been freaking out over.  They are a really good soup cracker!

love2travel Mentor

Big Fat Greek Salad. Not exceptionally thrilling, but it was tasty.

love2travel Mentor

Finger foods!

Buffalo wings

Cauliflower fritters

Ubiquitous carrot and celery sticks with fresh bleu cheese dressing

kareng Grand Master

Buffalo chicken pizza and 4 cheese pizza ( didn't see a fifth cheese in the fridge I wanted to use :) )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm all out of buffalo fingers.... finally. lol

I think turkey burgers, aioli, some sweet potato fries, roasted asparagus.

kareng Grand Master

This has nothing to do with dinner - more a breakfast issue. I got some Enjoy Life Flax cereal. Not much taste but good for you. The cat is very insistent that she should have some. More insistent then she is with ham! And this cat LOVES ham! She comes running if you just open a pack of ham.

IrishHeart Veteran

This has nothing to do with dinner - more a breakfast issue. I got some Enjoy Life Flax cereal. Not much taste but good for you. The cat is very insistent that she should have some. More insistent then she is with ham! And this cat LOVES ham! She comes running if you just open a pack of ham.

This is Bella with potato chips.  :D but she turned her nose up to sweet potato chips. (cat = not paleo) lol

LauraTX Rising Star

Ha!  My cat loves tortilla chips.  One time when we first got her, my husband had left a bag open with chip crumbs on the coffee table and gone to bed.  We woke up in the middle of the night trying to figure out what that sound was, and we discovered her munching on the chips.  LOL

Tonight I am going to make chicken and dumplings.  

Adalaide Mentor

I suggested either burgers or In N Out to my husband for dinner, by text, assuming he would understand one meant "cooking" (lol at indoor electric grill and frozen burgers) at home and one meant other people cooking me delicious food and fries and a shake. He texts me back to point out that In N Out is burgers. <_< Someone just earned himself buying me dinner. B)

GottaSki Mentor

I suggested either burgers or In N Out to my husband for dinner, by text, assuming he would understand one meant "cooking" (lol at indoor electric grill and frozen burgers) at home and one meant other people cooking me delicious food and fries and a shake. He texts me back to point out that In N Out is burgers. <_< Someone just earned himself buying me dinner. B)

Thank you Captain Obvious....picking up treats is the perfect reward - Enjoy!

Exciting dinner here....not.   Pork, carrots and Zu-rice -- zu-noodles  chopped into rice to fool me into thinking I've got more foods ;)

love2travel Mentor

We are still low-carbing it (we probably will forever!) so I am making a luscious cream of celery soup with cumin-roasted pepitas and finishing it with a drizzle of pumpkinseed oil.

GF Lover Rising Star

I've been on the Histamine trial and my food is not fit to be apart of this thread.  Although satisfying and good for me, it's just not pretty!

Colleen  :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I've been on the Histamine trial and my food is not fit to be apart of this thread.  Although satisfying and good for me, it's just not pretty!

Colleen  :D

Hey, hey. hey now....that's food discrimination. lol

I still post mine (low hista amd primal) and .... "Satisfying and good" is what dinner is all about..  :D

Last night I had bison burgers with onions and baked sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus.

Tonight, filet mignon, roasted root veggies, arugula salad. (and champagne, because tonight, all dietary rules be damned!!)

GF Lover Rising Star

O, I forgot I picked up some sweet potatoes the other day.  I'm on it.  Thanks for the reminder.  

Dinner tonight will be a Sweet Potato and.........something.  :D

GottaSki Mentor

Sweet Potato:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Pieces Stir fried in Coconut Oil

Boiled ---I let mine take a Jacuzzi with the men's regular spuds occasionally without issue

Mashed

Yam:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Fried pieces

Boiled

Mashed

Purple (Japanese are even better if you can find them) Sweet Potato:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Fried pieces

Boiled

Yep...17 completely different foods ;)

I didn't like purple smashed or it would have been 18

IrishHeart Veteran

Sweet Potato:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Pieces Stir fried in Coconut Oil

Boiled ---I let mine take a Jacuzzi with the men's regular spuds occasionally without issue

Mashed

Yam:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Fried pieces

Boiled

Mashed

Purple (Japanese are even better if you can find them) Sweet Potato:

Baked Whole

Baked Fries

Baked Curlz

Fried pieces

Boiled

Yep...17 completely different foods ;)

I didn't like purple smashed or it would have been 18

Our Ski! :wub:

The queen of the sweet potato and the zu-noodles.  (or zoodles in our house)

GottaSki Mentor

Yep...sticking to zuccini and sweet potato is it for me....

Dumb Ass just decided she had to have a grilled cheese sandwich...first time in many months and sadly it was a very, very bad idea....extreme Swelly Belly heading off to pop some Benedryl.

Don't want pity...tired of pity parties here...just thought I'd post -- it happens -- no one can eat just meat and vegies for over a year without slips - but was secretly hoping I could have one flipping sandwich ;)

GF Lover Rising Star

And I usually just bake my sweet potato.....now Ski has me thinking about the finer points of sweet potatoes and their many representations....sheesh.  It's pretty sad when you have to take notes on living life off of a Forum.  But I'm so glad you guys are here to guide me through my own foggy brain.   :D

Colleen

LauraTX Rising Star

I make sweet potatoes at least once a week.  Usually I cut them into about 3/4" cubes (the bigger the longer the cook time) and put them in a ziploc bag.  I add some good shakes of garlic powder, some salt and pepper, and sometimes a little paprika.  Drizzle in some olive oil, just enough to coat, and toss in the bag to coat them.  You need to over season because half of the seasoning will end up sticking to the bag.  

Spread apart on a baking sheet (no touching each other or they won't crisp up) and bake at 375 F with convection (400 if non convection) for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring and flipping over once.  They are basically oven baked sweet potato fries.  But cubes are easier to cut.  

Wednesday I was craving chicken and dumplings, so I made the gluten-free Bisquick chicken and dumpling recipe.  Not real dumplings more like biscuit dumplings.  Was not bad.   I added more veggies and stuff to it.

Yesterday I threw some chicken on the george foreman grill and ate that with green beans and mashed potatoes, the simply potatoes brand that you get in the refrigerator section.  Those are so good for a treat sometimes!

IrishHeart Veteran

.  It's pretty sad when you have to take notes on living life off of a Forum.  But I'm so glad you guys are here to guide me through my own foggy brain.   :D

Colleen

Not sad. I call it  fortuitous. :D  

Hey, everybody.!!..guess what? WE CLOSED and TOMORROW, we move in so... WHOOHOO!!! Thanks for all the moral support and love.

xxxooo

G

We ended up going OUT to Bonefish Grill. I had Chilean Sea Bass, asparagus and then, threw caution to the wind and had Creme Brulee. YUM.

Tomorrow, after we settle on (gonna be a LOOOOONg day) we'll have that champagne.

IrishHeart Veteran

- but was secretly hoping I could have one flipping sandwich ;)

Sweets, I am sorry it did not work out for you. Love ya and hoping that soon, you can get some more foods back.

We all keep living and learning...(and I will probably pay for that creme brulee tomorrow...) but for today,frankly, I just did not give a shyte.  :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

Sweets, I am sorry it did not work out for you. Love ya and hoping that soon, you can get some more foods back.

We all keep living and learning...(and I will probably pay for that creme brulee tomorrow...) but for today,frankly, I just did not give a shyte.  :lol:

You deserved to celebrate today!

I have a cheese problem. (Like as in I'm an addict besides it not agreeing with me.) I do find though that I do much better with fried queso fresco than any other cheese, maybe that would suit you when you feel a little better Lisa? I just slice it up and fry it in a teensy bit of oil until it's crispy on the outside. I don't know if there is anything you regularly make (or can make) sandwiches out of, but it's excellent on warm arepas if you do corn or are into that sort of thing. It's also perfectly good to just pick up and eat all crunchy and amazing.