9534 replies to this topic

#4576 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wild guess - we have a winner on the left ;)

There was two people in that picture? :ph34r: :ph34r:

:P
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4577 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

There was two people in that picture? :ph34r: :ph34r:

:P

Only one volleyball player ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4578 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well, wait a minute here!! I refuse to be in charge of everyone else's poop :ph34r:

Sorry a lot! I just have known for 2 years that you're really smart and figure stuff out. (I have a box of gloves on the rig.)

xxx

happy new year
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4579 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Sorry a lot! I just have known for 2 years that you're really smart and figure stuff out. (I have a box of gloves on the rig.)

xxx

happy new year

HAHAHAHA!!! Notice she doesn't let you out of poop duty, just gives you a really
good reason for assigning it to you. Slick!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4580 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think I might hold off coming till this poop thing is sorted :)

It was +12 here yesterday. That is normal. For April. The UK just had the second wettest year since records began. Only missed wettest by an inch or something. That would be great if we didn't keep getting our rivers roads and railroads flooded. I am not complaining.too much though. It is lovely and green here. And not humid, can't do humid, makes me come out in a rash and not breathe. How about a Vegas trip? We could take over a hotel and commandeer the buffet for gluten-free. There are some actual cabanas there too.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4581 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Sorry, I can't be reached by flattery. And besides, you've not seen me around electronics. Everything I touch turns to poop :huh: Oh well, guess that does make me qualified for the job :P But I still decline, even with chamois leather gloves.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4582 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Okay, I admit it.... I know how to empty the tanks and drive an RV.
I can hook up a tow bar. I do it all We had one for awhile.

Shroom, you've been reassigned. Can you pour us drinks until the cabana boyz are hired?

And for the love of mike, people FOCUS here: It's Addy's special weekend.

Giraffe THINGERS tongues are in her future.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you grouchy little thing! xxoo
Have a BRILLIANT day today!

Posted Image.......Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4583 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Crap! That means, at the end of this, that I have to keep SUD.

It always turns out like this.

(Ya'll are still welcome down. We'll just leave suck up Danny for driving & emptying our tanks & general banter, occasional banging.)

Leave him.
I know how to do the tanks. I had one of those years ago.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4584 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yay -- I can back up Irish in driving the rig and can hook up the tow car

Happy Birhtday to Addie!!!!

.......Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4585 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

I could do the 80 thing in the winter for a while I suppose. Honestly though, I escaped that hot, humid BS back in PA and there is no way I would volunteer for that again. No way, no how. Bring on the 95 and dry, but hot and humid? Sorry but you'll be on your own. :P

Tonight I almost made tacos. Then I just didn't. Headed out shopping for tomorrow's excursion. Picked up a Costco chicken, some baby carrots and a mango and got everything all packed up in neat little containers in the fridge. I just had a little of the chicken and a mashed potato for supper.

I'll add some fruit leather, some V8 fruit thingers and a camera to my backpack and I am pretty much ready to go tomorrow. I have no idea how I am going to sleep tonight. I'm practically bouncing off the walls as it is. I intend to drop the film off tomorrow for digital developing so hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow night!

Edit: Oh, and we're going out to eat tomorrow. Woo! Rodizio Grill, which is a Brazilian grill sort of thing is amazing and nearly gluten free. The only thing they serve I can't eat is the chicken. They even serve gluten free bread, and always have! And deep fried polenta sprinkled with parm. To die for! They have people (usually good cabana boy candidates) that just bring a never end parade of grilled meat to your table and slice it off for you right there, and grilled pineapple too. Plus a salad bar with killer quinoa salad, and they keep all the gluteny stuff (all like 2 of them, or maybe its just the rolls) away from the gluten-free stuff and have people watching so morons can't walk up with dirty plates or some retarded thing.

Happy Birthday!
(wear a hat, they slobber)

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#4586 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Happy Birthday!
(wear a hat, they slobber)

Wear a bib too! I got slobbered on pretty good by one.
Friendly sort, they are....

(like those cabana boyz I told you all about that started this whole mess :lol:)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4587 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Woooooo happy birthday Addy :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4588 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Happy birthday! Kiss a a giraffe for me!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4589 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Tonight is turkey soup with tiny little ring noodles we found from LeVeneziane and lots of veggies.

Short ribs tomorrow, need more wine. :rolleyes:

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#4590 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I've got bison -stuffed peppers going in the slow cooker.

(Also have a slow cooking beef bone stock going on the stove top)

It smells great in here, all mixed with the scent of "Christmas"

Still have my tree up....that comes down tomorrow :(

bummer..guess the holidays are over....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: