#4726 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

oh, and I cannot have bacon either Posted Image

Bacon is SOOOOO last year and overrated. Sorry - I have a hard time lying. When do you get to have bacon? Did I miss something?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4727 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hodge podging it tonight. This morning I made yummy crispy Herbes de Provence crackers that I sprinkled with Maldon sea salt. Then I made a Syrian roasted red pepper, pomegranate molasses, ground toasted almonds, etc. dip. So, am having that with encore Sriracha lime chicken wings thingers. Throwing in some celery and carrot sticks. How's that for an unplanned meal?? Too much back pain today to worry about something elaborate. Tomorrow is a different story, though...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4728 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Will be pulling into condo about dinner time - guessing that the boneless chicken or the premade carnitas are the best choices - hoping the turkey fully defrosts for tomorrow night - I'm hungry - 300 miles of farmland leaves lots of time for daydreaming of food!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4729 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I broke out my daughter's Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook and made the 50/50 bacon burgers and sweet potato fries out of it. Not missing the grains at all tonight!

#4730 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Bacon is SOOOOO last year and overrated. Sorry - I have a hard time lying. When do you get to have bacon? Did I miss something?

In a month or so. (..a few posts back I explained I had to cut out high histamine foods.)

I had lamb patty and hubs had sausages.
I had sweet potato and he had yukon golds.
We both had asparagus.

Someday soon, I hope we can both eat the same things once more. :unsure: what a pain in the arse this is.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4731 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

In a month or so. (..a few posts back I explained I had to cut out high histamine foods.)

I had lamb patty and hubs had sausages.
I had sweet potato and he had yukon golds.
We both had asparagus.

Someday soon, I hope we can both eat the same things once more. :unsure: what a pain in the arse this is.

Ah...I missed the high antihistamine foods thingers. For some reason for about a week I have not been receiving notifications of posts of those I am following so find I am missing a lot of stuff. Haven't had the time (or more accurately, haven't MADE the time) to look into this issue more (I posted about it on another thread already).

#4732 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I roasted a chicken! A whole one! And it's DELICIOUS. The internet really does
know everything! Hahahahahah!!!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4733 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hahahaha - you are always having such a good time, Ms. Bunnie!!! :) Well, the internet now knows you make delicious roast chicken, at least in your own estimation :P
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4734 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Good point, I may be entirely too easy to please. ;)
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4735 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

That is a big negative - but can call upon my regular men to handle it for us ;)

Sorry a lot again to respond so late, I was sick and am sparing you from the sordid details.

Feb 17. WPB, FL, bring on the cabana (or regurlar) boys & come on down, y'all.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4736 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Sorry a lot again to respond so late, I was sick and am sparing you from the sordid details.

Feb 17. WPB, FL, bring on the cabana (or regurlar) boys & come on down, y'all.

No apologies ever needed here - especially for feeling poorly - hope you are feeling better :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4737 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi all
made it back in, got shut out by some strange loop whereby I can log in on the PC but not my cell. Still not back on the cell, but at least I can sneak in here occassionally.

Last night was chicken, butternut squash, zucchini and mushrooms. I stirfried the alreadly cooked squash in with the other stuff - I love it like that, it kind of makes its own sauce. Lovely with pasta too (not that I get pasta for a while yet).

Down 2 belt holes so far, and gone from outside to inside hooks on my bra, so that seem to be working.

I'm surprised that Irish hasn't mentioned one of the key rules of the Whole30 - no SWYPO (Sex With Your Pants On). I had a sweet potato with coconut milk yesterday, and I think I was skirting preeeeety close to the boundaries there. :ph34r:

I am on a self imposed bacon ban, in addition to the no:
grain, dairy, legumes, sugar, white potatoes

I am also limiting fruit.I think I got me a great big ole sugar issue goin down here.....

I dod find a compliant proscuito last week, which makes me happy :rolleyes:

So, what kind of CHEESE are you all eating today? :o :unsure: :( :angry: :P
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4738 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Buttery Herbed Baby Hasselback Potatoes with Smoked Maldon Sea Salt
Swedish Meatballs with Lingonberry Gastrique
Garlic Roasted Swiss Chard
Homemade gluten-free Herbed Crackers with Syrian dip (see yesterday's explanation)

#4739 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Turkey is roasting.
Men will mash taters - sweet for me
Peas for them - asparagus for me

Rocky road brownies mixed in vanilla bean ice cream for them

Super rich chocolate mousse for me.

Full day - beyond thankful :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4740 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I was off the the doctor this evening. I love that they have evening appointments. Didn't feel much like cooking though, we broke out a jar of Christmas George and had some smashed taters and gravy. Yum! I was too busy doing 100 things to get my green beans cooking so I'll have some as a late night snack.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: