jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

<snort>.

Must learn how to post emoticons and pics....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4772 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Eating back to normal, cravings vanished. Phew. Roast chicken, rotabaga, cauliflower, carrots, mange tout.

I am eating loads of the veg I don't normally have because Mr Mindwarp isn't keen. I decided as I am cooking 2 or more different meals I would do stuff I like.

Just roasted sweet potatoes and onions while the oven was on, and couldn't resist an onion. Who would have thought that a roasted caramelized onion would be better than candy.

I don't even mind.now that everyone else had ice cream for dessert. My onion was fantastic :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4773 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hip Hooray for Colleen being back!

We just climbed in the car again 8.5 hours and we'll be home :)

Dinner was at lunch today

Chicken roasted with apples and onions, Japanese sweet potato and broccoli

Dinnertime will be In&Out -- probably central valley area

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4774 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hip Hooray for Colleen being back!

We just climbed in the car again 8.5 hours and we'll be home :)

Dinner was at lunch today

Chicken roasted with apples and onions, Japanese sweet potato and broccoli

Dinnertime will be In&Out -- probably central valley area

I so love In&Out but haven't been there in forever. Burgers all wrapped up in lettuce, fries the way they were meant to be, just potatoes... fried, and shakes that make your hips 2 inches wider just while ordering. Maybe we need to plan an evening out this week. :D

It has been a while (feels like a while) since my whole incident involving mac & cheese and a follow up with alfredo. So, to that end I am testing the alfredo waters tonight. Crossing my fingers and hoping that in a few hours I am not curled up in a ball on the floor in agony vomiting. :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4775 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Darling, I love you, but I have to ask- how is alfredo worth that?
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4776 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Pitstop change....

hubby over ruled i&o - well for him because he still can eat other places - stopping in Burbank for panda express for him - i&o for guys and I'm sticking with salmon and beef jerky.

Tomorrow night - HUGE pot of turkey soup - cooked "Ralph" in Tahoe and have been draggin' his poor frozen bones all over the flippin' state!

Bonus - soup feeds the army of teens coming to band practice - wait - somebody send me back north please ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4777 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Darling, I love you, but I have to ask- how is alfredo worth that?

No food is. I am trying to determine if it was some sort of fluke or if I really can't eat it. It is worth finding out because it is one of the hub's favorite meals. I want to make him happy, and he hates eating something he knows I love so much in front of me so he hasn't had it since the incident. I am hoping that whatever it was happens to be related somehow to the mac & cheese I had eaten the day before (or two days, I'm too lazy to go look it up right now) as I was never able to pinpoint a cause for my pain. I assure you, I am not 100% crazy!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4778 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Adelaide, that is so sweet of your husband :).
Plain but good here for dinner,, lamb steak, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli.

Colleen, hope you have had a good day x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4779 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Makes me feel good.

Just finished a hugh spinach and kale salad topped with egg, cheese, bacon, sunflower seeds and ranch dressing. My favorite thing in the world to eat.

Speaking of Alfredo, I remembered after I read it that I have chicken that I tucked into the freezer. Have my Thai rice noodles and Alfredo sauce. I'm set for tomorrow.

:D HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY :D

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderat

#4780 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

GAH!! It is past 3 and I have no stinkin clue what is for dinner. I have a block of pepperjack from the dairy that I get my milk from. Worst case scenario I will be 100% lazy and make quesadillas.

The alfredo was almost successful. It didn't make me sick, apparently I have become sensitive not only to soy proteins but to soy oil and it made me lose my vision again. <_< Imitrex at bedtime and I am feeling hungover today. I guess I'll just have to resort to making my own sauce, which I don't have a problem with but sometimes I just like how handy it is to say hey, I have this jar laying around my cupboard and don't feel like cooking. Now I have to watch my tyramine for a few days and can't eat my new chocolate almond butter so I'm a little pissy but I did bring it on myself.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4781 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Love seeing all this lovin' here! :)

Tonight we're having part of Fish and Chips - I am making a yummy crispy chip batter (not frying but baking) and homemade tartar sauce with scores of capers. Oh, and mushy peas. But no fries or onion rings. Instead we are having a simple classic Caesar salad (with homemade dressing of course). So, I suppose we're being sorta British and sorta American tonight. We like to play games at our house. ^_^
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4782 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

GAH!! It is past 3 and I have no stinkin clue what is for dinner. I have a block of pepperjack from the dairy that I get my milk from. Worst case scenario I will be 100% lazy and make quesadillas.

The alfredo was almost successful. It didn't make me sick, apparently I have become sensitive not only to soy proteins but to soy oil and it made me lose my vision again. <_< Imitrex at bedtime and I am feeling hungover today. I guess I'll just have to resort to making my own sauce, which I don't have a problem with but sometimes I just like how handy it is to say hey, I have this jar laying around my cupboard and don't feel like cooking. Now I have to watch my tyramine for a few days and can't eat my new chocolate almond butter so I'm a little pissy but I did bring it on myself.

Oh, you poor dear girl. Isn't it funny how we try to remain optimistic and hopeful that something will work? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it may later on. Be well soon, K? We all need you! :(
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4783 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Feel better Addie and quesadillas are not lazy -- throw a little something on top and it looks gourmet :)

Turkey Soup as planned with many, many mini muffin tins of pamelas bread -- usually treat hubby to fresh french bread on turkey soup night -- but some family along with son's band is here -- do not trust all those gluten eaters to use care ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4784 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

oh dessert is vanilla ice cream with brownie crumbles (crumbled kicking around under my feet on the road trip) and hot carmel fudge sauce -- and....mousse for me :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4785 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

and....mousse for me :)

Posted Image