9530 replies to this topic

#4906 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

We had foam like that last year after storms. It was hilarious, but very odd.

IH, maybe you could get some bright lights and cocktails or something. Or maybe this is the perfect time to start practicing speaking dolphin to get ready?

Oh, more lamb encores with tomatoes and stuff.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4907 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Created by the crashing of waves from Tropical Storm Oswald...... :wacko:

I have never seen foam like that. I have seen foam on the beach, but that is some pretty wild stuff.

And yes, MW I am practicing my dolphin.....and all the lights are on. I could probably guide a jetliner in at this point. Maybe be mistaken for a lighthouse...... :lol: (ever see the Brenda Blythen movie w/Craig Ferguson "Saving Grace"...the lights they have on in the greenhouses? well, maybe not quite that bright, but close .)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4908 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Who wants to house swap? It is minus 30 but windchill is minus 45. And more snow. :angry: Did I say MINUS???
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4909 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hey, this may be a crazy bunch, but nowhere does it say we are DUMB !!!!! :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4910 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

hmmm - negative temp - then add wind chill -- even this queen of layers is OUT!

Tonight was yummy!

Men had another batch of ladas - steak this time with asparagus tossed with cilantro dressing.

I had....

spoon full of coconut oil
chopped skinless chicken thigh - previously baked - just heated in the oil
spaghetti squash noodles - also previously cooked
ground salt and pepper
couple handfuls of TJs broccoli slaw...I like it better than another brand I buy
last minute handful of cilantro so my dinner smelled like theirs - YUM!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4911 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I am soooo in love with coconut oil at the moment :)

PS no swaps thanks. Just starting to warm up a bit here. Almost spring like. Irish, walk on the beach and lunch at mine then? :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4912 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Who wants to house swap? It is minus 30 but windchill is minus 45. And more snow. :angry: Did I say MINUS???

Oh hon, I love you madly, but .....absolutely not. No one--and I mean no one--- should live where it is MINUS anything.

Hey, this may be a crazy bunch, but nowhere does it say we are DUMB !!!!! :blink:

:lol: yeah! what she said!

I had....

spoon full of coconut oil
chopped skinless chicken thigh - previously baked - just heated in the oil
spaghetti squash noodles - also previously cooked
ground salt and pepper
couple handfuls of TJs broccoli slaw...I like it better than another brand I buy
last minute handful of cilantro so my dinner smelled like theirs - YUM!

Cilantro makes almost everything yummy. I love the stuff. I grow it all summer. Girl, you make everything sound good--even on a restricted diet. :)

I am soooo in love with coconut oil at the moment :)

PS no swaps thanks. Just starting to warm up a bit here. Almost spring like. Irish, walk on the beach and lunch at mine then? :)

And coconut oil loves you, MW. :) If I could get there in time, you know I would love that. Me,+ beach = megahappiness. Me + beach + meeting you! = uber delightful!
I wish I could visit all the crazy fun people I have met on here. I would even go to where it is MINUS! ;)
I have met Gemini and Peter and MeggieLynn in person so far. Talked to a few on the phone and on skype. All very fun peeps.
Maybe a "world tour" someday down the road. Now, that is an awesome bucket list.

Dinner tonight:

Beef Short ribs in the slow cooker (never made them in there before--I was a slow convert to slow cooking)

I'm headed for the gym and those will be falling off the bone and luscious when we get home.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4913 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Looks like you have no takers! You might get someone to take you on as a house guest for a while... you know, if you offer to do the cooking. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4914 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Girl, you make everything sound good--even on a restricted diet. :)

And to think it only took 4 short years to come to my happy place ;)

I've often said I'd eat cardboard if it meant I could obtain good health -- thankfully what I get to eat is much more tasty :D

ps...still waving virtual pom poms that you are back in the gym -- nice work -- enjoy those wonderfully tender short ribs -- yum!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4915 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Looks like you have no takers! You might get someone to take you on as a house guest for a while... you know, if you offer to do the cooking. :lol:

Who's up for offering me a temporary home until this winter is over in April? I'll cook! Supposed to get even colder tonight. At these temps it is dangerous to even walk half a block to get the mail! Blech.

Am willing to fly but I dislike heat and humidity. Somewhere above freezing would be awesome! Takers?????
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4916 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Who's up for offering me a temporary home until this winter is over in April? I'll cook! Supposed to get even colder tonight. At these temps it is dangerous to even walk half a block to get the mail! Blech.

Am willing to fly but I dislike heat and humidity. Somewhere above freezing would be awesome! Takers?????

We have a little studio with an ensuite and a fridge - alas no room-sized pantry to store all the sauces and condiments. We could, I suppose, move the cars out of the garage, since it is so nice and ~~~~warm~~~~ here. :) Yep, folks, we are actually having a summer with a big high pressure system parked over the top of us :D This is the first one I remember in a long time....... they say, the best since 1957!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4917 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

We have a little studio with an ensuite and a fridge - alas no room-sized pantry to store all the sauces and condiments. We could, I suppose, move the cars out of the garage, since it is so nice and ~~~~warm~~~~ here. :) Yep, folks, we are actually having a summer with a big high pressure system parked over the top of us :D This is the first one I remember in a long time....... they say, the best since 1957!!

Checking airfare now ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4918 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

You are welcome here -- although between the dog, the cat and the revolving door of teenagers -- oh forgot about heavy metal band practice on Saturdays -- you may prefer to keep freezing those buns!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4919 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Do not throw this kind of invite out to this crazy bunch....I just asked the hubs if he could do without me for a month as I looked at plane fares....
Lucky for you, he said "Not really".

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4920 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I gotsa a spare room with a potty in it! And a mini-fridge! :D Also, super-awesome kitchen
with a truly excessive amount of cabinet space (funny what having your house burn down
will get you.....) I live in CT, much nicer here! Hasn't gone into the negatives once yet this year!
IT is an electric stove though, as I am afraid of fire.... wonder why?....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: