#4921 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Going CRAZY tonight!

Hubby is making meatloaf -- ONE meatloaf -- I'm going to have our regular gluten-free loaf.

Trial by fire of -- small amount of egg along with a few udi's crumbs -- Benedryl at the ready, but hopeful.

Mashed Japanese Sweet Potato for me - regular smashed spuds for them.

Brussel sprouts for me - Peas for them.

Edited to add:

Most delicous meatloaf I have ever tasted - sadly I will not be doing it again for awhile -- next time we'll try with just egg yolk -- suspect the egg white was the cause of my abdominal bloat and discomfort last night -- wasn't horrible, but it is the worst my stomach has been in months.

Edited by GottaSki, 31 January 2013 - 07:23 AM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4922 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I gotsa a spare room with a potty in it! And a mini-fridge! :D Also, super-awesome kitchen
with a truly excessive amount of cabinet space (funny what having your house burn down
will get you.....) I live in CT, much nicer here! Hasn't gone into the negatives once yet this year!
IT is an electric stove though, as I am afraid of fire.... wonder why?....

Hmmm...that airfare might be more affordable...see you soon ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4923 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Ok...perfect solution for L2T...my best bud is currently residing on a sailboat in the gulf of mexico....here is her latest blog -- oh and today's temp is 80 no humidity.

http://rockysoceanad...a.html?spref=fb

edited to add -- four cabin sailboat with a darn nice kitchen ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4924 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

So i am currently making the soup tonight... tossed some pasta in for just because reasons....

#4925 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Last day of whole30 today, and feeling great even though the time of the month is due :).

Tomorrow, cheese :) :). Oh, and weigh in...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4926 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Last day of whole30 today, and feeling great even though the time of the month is due :).

Way to go CMw and IH too -- glad you are feeling better and hope "the time" comes and goes very quietly ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#4927 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Tonight's dinner:
I've got a Turkey breast on the rotisserie
spaghetti squash
maybe some peas for a change?

I am so proud of you, MW. ;)You never wavered once in your resolve. (you know I had to mix it up a bit when I had to delete the high histamine foods, but you supported me too!) and so, I am very excited for you that you have reached your goal.

You must need a new belt by now (you can only poke so many new holes in it)!
Good on you, girl!! whoohooo!

Do let me know how that cheese tastes!! (I still can't have that ) but I may have a bite of two of vanilla ice cream

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4928 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm using left over chicken that I Roasted yesterday and making chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Another of my favorite. Meals. And I got these garlic and herb bagel crisp things for the side. Then mixed fresh fruit for desert.

Yummers.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4929 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Leftover soup. Today is a long school day, so no time to cook. It'll probably be better second day anyway.

#4930 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Mmm I like 2nd day soups and stews.

Not sure about dinner yet, but nearly had chaos at kids teatime. We had their friends round, and I checked if there was ice cream in the freezer, did a big ' who wants ice creeeeeam?' only then to discover that it was in fact a very nice frozen stew in an old tub. Whoops. Yogurt is good, but not quite the same. Luckily they were all having fun and I got away with it...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4931 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Mmm I like 2nd day soups and stews.
Not sure about dinner yet, but nearly had chaos at kids teatime. We had their friends round, and I checked if there was ice cream in the freezer, did a big ' who wants ice creeeeeam?' only then to discover that it was in fact a very nice frozen stew in an old tub. Whoops. Yogurt is good, but not quite the same. Luckily they were all having fun and I got away with it...

Whew...that could have been cause for a kiddie uprising!! I'd have bawled my eyes out if you offered it, then said "sorry, none left".
:mellow: of course, I have put my yogurt in the freezer for a while and had "frozen yogurt"...sort of....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4932 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I finally figured out how to make the beef not so chewy. yay!

#4933 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Probably as well you couldn't make it for lunch and a celebratory end of Whole30 icecream then :)

#4934 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I finally figured out how to make the beef not so chewy. yay!

yaay! and I agree--day 2 is always better for soup, stew, lasagne, whatevs.... Enjoy!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#4935 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Probably as well you couldn't make it for lunch and a celebratory end of Whole30 icecream then :)

Yeah, it's not pretty when I get all 3 year- old-ish....and, say! buddy 'o mine....technically it's tomorrow when we indulge...so, there's still time!!
Wouldn't your gob drop open if I showed up on your doorstep tomorrow afternoon for teatime. B)

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: