#4936 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

last night -
shrimp scampi w/ glutino spaghetti <first time trying glutino pasta - not to shabby :)
spinach salad w/peach relish & muenster chz

tonite is:
burritos!! got me some rudi's 'flour' tortillas :)
and gluteny mexican rice a roni for the hubs
making chunky guacamole - sure miss my herb garden with the overgrowth of cilantro!!!

ok, so i'm eating my veggies........ :ph34r:

planning to make a winter stew next wk with yummy root veggies - got a bunch of venison

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4937 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have no idea what is for supper. At this point I am thinking a single serve bag of lime & salt popcorn and a huge glass of milk. Yesterday was the third day in a row of getting a half foot of snow off my Jeep, then sitting in an uncomfortable chair for something like 7 hours. I am just too beat for food. I guess the good news is that today we have some blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and it is super warm, it was already 35 when I went out for milk at 10 this morning.

Somewhere, deep down inside of me, there is excitement for you two. Maybe after a nap I'll find it. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4938 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Congrats CMW and IH. Can we expect a little summary of your 30 days?

Tonight is stir fry and rice. I need to eat more veggies. :)

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#4939 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ok...perfect solution for L2T...my best bud is currently residing on a sailboat in the gulf of mexico....here is her latest blog -- oh and today's temp is 80 no humidity.

http://rockysoceanad...a.html?spref=fb

edited to add -- four cabin sailboat with a darn nice kitchen ;)

I'm typing this from the aircraft - I'm almost there! Shucks...it was all a dream. <_< Today was the same as yesterday at -34C and windchill making it -45C. Unless you have not been in -30 temps you have not experienced cold.

Love the sounds of 80F and no humidity and "...darn nice kitchen". Does it have a KA stand mixer? A Vitamix? :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4940 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm typing this from the aircraft - I'm almost there! Shucks...it was all a dream. <_< Today was the same as yesterday at -34C and windchill making it -45C. Unless you have not been in -30 temps you have not experienced cold.

Love the sounds of 80F and no humidity and "...darn nice kitchen". Does it have a KA stand mixer? A Vitamix? :lol:

Not sure...but she has made a very good friend on another boat that is Celiac with both of the requested items ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4941 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Last night I did dessert for first time in a long time (we don't need it). But our plums are ripe and they are those big meaty red ones, yummy thingers they are. So I did a plum crumble with cinnamon and O.M.G. I can't decide if it is best plain, with Greek yogurt, or with ice cream. :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4942 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Last night I did dessert for first time in a long time (we don't need it). But our plums are ripe and they are those big meaty red ones, yummy thingers they are. So I did a plum crumble with cinnamon and O.M.G. I can't decide if it is best plain, with Greek yogurt, or with ice cream. :D

Like button wasn't enough -- triple, no quintuple like!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4943 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I certainly have. When i lived in MT it wasn't that uncommon to get it a few times a winter. I also experienced it a year and a half ago when i was still in the dorms at my school. Long story short, heat went out, then came back on a few hours later, then i heard a pop... ignored it... heard it again. I went to investigate and the sprinkler above my door in the hallway had water leaking out of it. Water flooded into my bath (on the other side of the wall from the hallway) and into the little hallway in my room. Got to clean that mess up myself because there was a bigger break in another one of the dorm buildings (several inches of water). The other "floodies" and i were set up in a hotel room for about 5 days while they cleaned up (and in my case, patched up the cealing in the bathroom and aired it out). Luckily, nothing of mine was damaged and my school decided to cancel all classes that day.

and did i mention i was the only one in my building that got flooded? Uhuh some luck huh? :lol:

#4944 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

unless you have not been in -30 temps, you have not experienced cold

This is why we moved to another state finally, so we could just visit cold, and then come home an hour and a half later to where it may frost but seldom snows. :)

It wasn't just the cold, it was the cold, the freezing rain ice storms in November-December that coated everything with a half inch of ice so you had to open every latch and gate with a propane torch, (and you just weren't going anywhere without 4whldr, I warmed my engine up once by building a charcoal fire underneath it to get the engine to start) the tornado warnings, the hail large enough to trash one's car, and the summer humidity with 95º F temps, and the alternate flooding and drought. The crazy neighbors were just the icing on the cake. I was talking about this the other day with the neighbors here, and they asked why does anyone live there, I said the land was pretty. We have really high summer temps here that would probably blow them away if they couldn't adapt, if the fire season and typical rainy winters didn't. I think a nice day is about 95º F in the summer, 80ºF feels chilly, because the temperature drops so dramatically at dusk. We seldom have "spring," it seems to transition immediately from when is winter going to be over, to time to irrigate because it's really hot. March can be a lot colder than January.

I still don't know what is for dinner. It is either leftover home made Indian Butter Chicken and rice, or scrambled eggs and homefries. All I know is that we had better eat some of that fresh pineapple for dessert. :P

#4945 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Congrats, Shroom! ---you prompted a full -on laptop drool this morning. :D (we don't need it either in this house, but it is good to indulge, yes?)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4946 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hey buddy, we did it!
Off on school run, so more details later, but headline is 14lbs, 3 and half inches of my waist and more energy than in years :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4947 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I have no idea what is for supper. At this point I am thinking a single serve bag of lime & salt popcorn and a huge glass of milk. Yesterday was the third day in a row of getting a half foot of snow off my Jeep, then sitting in an uncomfortable chair for something like 7 hours. I am just too beat for food. I guess the good news is that today we have some blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and it is super warm, it was already 35 when I went out for milk at 10 this morning.

Somewhere, deep down inside of me, there is excitement for you two. Maybe after a nap I'll find it. :lol:

My son was at Breckinridge yesterday, enjoying that snow! He doesn't have any classes on Thursdays!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4948 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah we got about 2 or 3 inches. Enough to make me go slipping and sliding.

Soup again, the last of it. So heavenly. I'll have to pick up some more shell pasta for it now. It worked wonders! I cooked the pasta in the broth and it was heavenly (ancient harvest). I wouldn't do that with rice pasta though, i'd cook it seperate.

#4949 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

My son was at Breckinridge yesterday, enjoying that snow! He doesn't have any classes on Thursdays!

At least it is good for something besides annoying me! I'm hoping that Phil has some good news for us tomorrow morning and tells us that this winter crap is done with.

I've been inching up on my iodine, thinking that my DH outbreak was mostly due to a CC incident. Well last night my husband told me that popcorn isn't a proper dinner and I finally snapped and am testing. I broke down and flat out ate fish. I had a couple "breaded" filets in the freezer and I finally decided to find out if I can eat fish without dire results. Now... I wait.

Tonight, roasted chicken. And um... some sort of vegetable or something like that. Probably potatoes because roasted chickens mean gravy.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4950 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Congrats, Shroom! ---you prompted a full -on laptop drool this morning. :D (we don't need it either in this house, but it is good to indulge, yes?)

Yes, tis good, and all the sweeter for doing so infrequently :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009