9534 replies to this topic

#4966 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

This dinner chat crowd loves people who skip dinner and go straight for the cupcakes. :lol:Those sound yummy.

Yes, I am replying to myself (we can if we want to! :lol: ) and I am adding: But then, go back and eat some real dinner.

I just made a coffee cake. :lol: I'm about to go cut into it.

No dinner for me either :lol:

**see my note--I meant dessert FIRST is okay,sometimes...we still need protein and a real meal, hon! ;)

Lol, Dinner was great too, but I was def more excited about the cupcakes.
Dinner was make your own taco salad bar -- all toppings on the counter and everyone puts what they want - taco meat, lettuce, tortilla chips, assorted veggies & cheeses, salsa, dressing. A favorite, for sure!

Always a fav here too!! and yes, excitement about cupcakes is something I share with you.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4967 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

. But I am in control, and feeling healthier.
Thanks to all of you for support, and of course to my buddy along the way, IH :wub:

:wub: You're a rock star, babes! You are one determined cookie! Good for you--feeling healthy is what it's all about. I'm over-the-moon delighted for you!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4968 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

For Super Bowl, we will be gone until kick- off, so I'm making some ribs in the crockpot, Rotel dip and chips, carrot sticks, celery sticks, grapes, etc.

We were at robotics until half-time! the ribs were falling off the bone! I told hub to cut them up a bit and he picked up some and the meat fell off. I told he he failed and couldn't even do one simple thing I asked! ;)

I think Gracie, The Accidental Kitty wants to tell you what she had for Super Bowl. A piece of Velveeta! And she loved it!

Throw ribs in a crockpot with whatever sauce you like and leave them on low for 7-8 hours!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4969 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

coffee cake was good, but its better with apples in it. On a random note, does not eating a lot of crunchy foods make your jaw sore? I've noticed this with a variety of things (beef and my crunchy topping on my cake to name two). It feels like i've gritted my teeth all day (which i probably was because i took my retainer out earlier).

I'm not a big fan of crunchy things (except coffee cake topping, even then it was kinda on the softer side).

Ah, just looked it up. Looks like it might have something to do with the muscles in the area where my jaw hinges. One of the biggest factors for this... issue... is gritting or grinding of the teeth.

Its not too bad, just feels like i've gritted my teeth all day :(

The coffee cake needs some apples and cinnamon. Canned or fresh peaches or canned pie cherries might be nice, too. Or some fresh pineapple on top.

Try to relax your mouth. Make a concious effort to have your mouth closed (open a bit is OK if your nose is stuffy) and don't let your tongue touch anything. It takes a little practice but this is a good "exercise" for when you are stressed, or can't sleep or have been grinding/biting wrong.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#4970 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Yes, I am replying to myself (we can if we want to! :lol: ) and I am adding: But then, go back and eat some real dinner.

**see my note--I meant dessert FIRST is okay,sometimes...we still need protein and a real meal, hon! ;)

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Posted Image

I have to disagree with you here! Wolfie is always eating her broccoli and stews. If, once a week, she wants to eat cake only for a meal.....I say ENJOY! No one thinks its odd to eat pancakes for a meal. Not much diference in my mind.

corn meal

LTES

#4971 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

You guys are so helpful :)

I love that smily :lol:

In all seriousness, i do eat quite a bit of protien every day (anything from meat to peanut butter to cheese, etc).

Yeah, i should have added the apples in. I wasn't up for standing there and slicing them. Excuses, I know, but hey it still tasted good.

#4972 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Where do you guys get these smilies. How do you put them in a post.

For Super Bowl I made pizza rolls in those spring roll wraps. They were a hit, even with the glutinaters.

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4973 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Where do you guys get these smilies. How do you put them in a post.

For Super Bowl I made pizza rolls in those spring roll wraps. They were a hit, even with the glutinaters.

That's a secret! Posted Image

Pizza rolls! Posted Image

LTES

#4974 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

saturday night we went to a mardi gras themed party - it was ALL ABOUT THE FOOD. my friend is an awesome cook. i ate beforehand and brought beers. and sat and drooled as course after delicious-looking course was brought out. they even ordered smoked crawfish sausage shipped in from nola and a real king cake complete with baby...... sigh....... but i was strong and didn't give in to temptation.

super bowl party at our son's house <still seems so wierd to say! when did they get this old?
husband made his 'famous' marmalade-soy wings
i made gluten-free lobster pizza. which i didn't share as my revenge for saturday. so ha. ;)
and mixed salad w/peach compote and munster cheese
and they made a bunch of stuff i couldn't eat, too. oh, they had REAL pretzels like the NYC garbagecan lid kind. but i did not eat them either. (jerks. lolz at least they could make food i dislike!!)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4975 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I am making taco salad tonight. :)
I'm kind of not digging Pace salsa anymore. Anyone know of any good ones?

#4976 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I am making taco salad tonight. :)
I'm kind of not digging Pace salsa anymore. Anyone know of any good ones?

We like Herdez

http://www.herdeztra...lsa_casera.aspx

LTES

#4977 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

We like Herdez

http://www.herdeztra...lsa_casera.aspx

Thanks. I used their find a product thing and they have it at my store. I'll give it a try. :)

#4978 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

My husband fixed fish, slaw and mashed potatoes.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#4979 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I layed out some ground beef... so i have no idea what i will do with it. I'll think of something.

#4980 Deliciousalternatives

Deliciousalternatives

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I thought it might be fun if we had a thread where we shared what we're cooking up for dinner:) I am not an experienced cook so coming up with gluten free menus for me and my boyfriend feels like a challenge. It's also weird since I only started eating meat since my diagnosis, so I have 0 experience preparing meat.

Tonight I'm going to try that Tinkyada spiral pasta with some gluten-free pasta sauce and gluten-free meatballs I got from TJ's.

I love Tinkyada brown ride spiral pasta. I like to stir fry some zucchini, onions and red peppers and then put it in with the pasta sauce and pasta. It makes a great fast meal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: