9532 replies to this topic

#4996 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hmmm. Trying not to think about dinner. Been sick today, could be bug, period stuff or the big g. Whichever, I don't have any of my normal go to foods so a bit stuck. Cooked some rice, but don't fancy it yet. Maybe egg later. I think it may be my own fault for raising the bacon cake thing, eugh.

Still cheerful, broadly, but a bit less smug :(

oh no, sorry, hon. :unsure:Hope you feel better today! Probably just a bug of some sort?

I'm going with some homemade turkey soup today.
No rice or noodles though, just vegs.
The hubs has decided he wants to lose 20 lbs. (he has a bit of "middle" from the holidays)
and since he works out religiously at the gym, it must have come from all the festivities.
Since I still need to lose my "freshman 30" (i.e. "hello, your gut is absorbing now, so watch out--oops, too late!")
looks like we're sticking to the whole 30-ish plan. One exception: the occasional bowl of gluten-free oats.
I love them, I just got them back ........ and I'm not giving them up. :D No booze, no legumes, no dairy, no other grains and no high histamine foods does not leave me with much else. to choose from, so I'm "punting" a lot.
We push on!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#4997 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Ah, hormones! Tried some rice, so fingers crossed. I was going to reintroduce Friday, so not a very clean day to try, but with 2 little ones due home gotta do something....

I think I will try gluten-free oats in a few weeks, I would love those back. Really pleased for you IH.

You folks here never cease to be an inspiration. Your stories of strength and recovery are amazing. (I can always blame the hormones for gushing a bit...)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4998 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

You folks here never cease to be an inspiration. Your stories of strength and recovery are amazing. (I can always blame the hormones for gushing a bit...)

Not sure if us dinosaur types are inspiring---- or just plain stubborn and unwilling to accept NO! for an answer. <_< :lol: In my case, I go by the "plan B, C, D or even E" rule in life

BTW: I noticed you added the Albert Einstein quote to your sig line. We're fans in this house.
And that's a good one!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#4999 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

My other fave is 'Imagination is more important than knowledge'. And he was a fellow dyslexic, so bonus points there too. And stubborn is good.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5000 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

My other fave is 'Imagination is more important than knowledge'. And he was a fellow dyslexic, so bonus points there too. And stubborn is good.

I love this one too:
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5001 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

CMw - 'Imagination is more important than knowledge'.

This is my youngest - brilliantly talented writer and artist - a born storyteller...he often doubted his intellligence because of his discalculia - finally got him to understand everyone has strengths and weakness - he'll be a great author one day - until then he will be found teaching middleschoolers with compassion because he understands struggling with traditional education for those with learning challenges.

Oops - proud mama off to wake the teen in question :)

This just in - say cheese! In the midst of my pity party last night I ate a piece of swiss cheese - granted not a great way to trial and about three months earlier than the plan - yet happy gut and mostly happy bod this morning. Might have to try another piece sometime soon when not having a fit.

Hope you are feeling better very soon!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5002 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Irish, so happy for you about the oats! There just is no replacement. Quinoa flakes are alright but they are just not the same.

Tonight:

Pork Shanks Braised in White Wine with an Apple Cider Vanilla Reduction
Pommes Anna
Roast Baby Purple and Yellow Carrots with Miso Glaze
Homemade Pecan Buttertarts
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5003 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

LoveTo.,

I never quite understand what your actually eating but it sounds so dang good.

Last night was:

Microwave rice with leftover chicken and some peas all globbed together. I loved it.

http://www.smileyvau...vault-cute-big-

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5004 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Pommes Anna

Lovey, oh boy! I love classic Pommes Anna! YUM

(not fitting into the current "weight loss menu", however, so please eat an extra portion for moi? )
and pecan butter tarts too? you're killin me, girl :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5005 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'll try this again. Loey gave me the secret to to awesome smilies. Now if I can just post em
Posted Image

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5006 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

LoveTo.,

I never quite understand what your actually eating but it sounds so dang good.

:lol: :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5007 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

you all made me look....they do look yummy

http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5008 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'll try this again. Loey gave me the secret to to awesome smilies. Now I can can just post em.

<a href="http://www.smileyvault.com/" title="Giggle Smiley">

That's still not doing what you want, hon. Try this, Colleen.

http://www.sherv.net...-emoticons.html

Then, choose the one you want and right click on it , then left click on "copy image". (I really had to think about that to explain it because even though I do it quickly now, it took me some time to learn--- and I hope it made sense)

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5009 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

I cheat and just copy and paste the ones karen and ih post ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5010 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I cheat and just copy and paste the ones karen and ih post ;)

and don't think it has gone unnoticed., lazypants. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: