• 1,587 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

LOL. This is LoveTo Posted Image

This is Me Posted Image

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5012 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

lazypants. :lol:

Yep...that's me ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5013 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

This is Me Posted Image

Laughing out Loud - thanks for the giggles :D

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5014 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

This is Me Posted Image

This is too cute. Your creativity with these smileys is awesome. I must really get me some of those thingers!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5015 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Lovey, oh boy! I love classic Pommes Anna! YUM

(not fitting into the current "weight loss menu", however, so please eat an extra portion for moi? )
and pecan butter tarts too? you're killin me, girl :lol:

I know. These pork shanks were calling to me - I never see them. So, when I did, they jumped right into my grocery cart! It was astonishing to see. And then the buttertarts - well, I'm going to housesit in the country for a week so thought I'd make my darling sweetheart something to remember me by.

And Day 1 starts tomorrow. I absolutely MUST lost these extra 30 lb of adipose tissue - I'm thinkin' it may help my back situation out, too. I'm still going to pull out all the stops with cooking but will make far better choices with serving sizes and eat smarter. One can "diet" and still cook fantastilicious food! ;)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5016 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

You still have some left???? Shroom, you are a woman of exceptional willpower.Kudos!

No, no. Even with my willpower it would not last that long with "the great refrigerator raider" in the house. Made some more :D

Quinoa flakes are alright but they are just not the same.

Roast Baby Purple and Yellow Carrots with Miso Glaze

You are so right about the quinoa flakes. I had high hopes for them until they bit me back :ph34r:

And you say you live in the middle of nowhere at 30 below and somehow you come up with baby purple and yellow carrots :blink: I can remember mid-summer in Austin, Mn. (maybe it's better now) but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#5017 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

This is Me Posted Image

Now, you've got it!!!!!

Posted Image

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5018 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:

That about sums up Upstate New York in winter. <_< A girl can only eat so many root veggies and squashes.
Cannot wait to get to Florida in a few weeks where can walk to the most amazing
produce market every morning and get the freshest veggies and fruits, then over to the fish market
for the fresh catch of the day (or just go catch one myself ) .

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5019 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

30 lb of adipose tissue - I'm thinkin' it may help my back situation out, too. I'm still going to pull out all the stops with cooking but will make far better choices with serving sizes and eat smarter. One can "diet" and still cook fantastilicious food! ;)

"Adipose tissue" makes it sound so much better than the "f--." word.
Yes, any weight we can take off the bones and joints is beneficial.
You know I'll cheer you on!!. I've got the same amount to lose ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5020 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

And you say you live in the middle of nowhere at 30 below and somehow you come up with baby purple and yellow carrots :blink: I can remember mid-summer in Austin, Mn. (maybe it's better now) but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:

Smart girl! We bought them at a farmer's market when in the city over the weekend. They had been kept absolutely perfect in soil and sand in a cellar. They are so pretty on the plate!

#5021 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

"Adipose tissue" makes it sound so much better than the "f--." word.
Yes, any weight we can take off the bones and joints is beneficial.
You know I'll cheer you on!!. I've got the same amount to lose ;)

You are doing so incredibly well. In fact, you are one of those inspiring me to lose the AT. ^_^ WE CAN DO THIS!!

#5022 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't know about you all....but mine is about 60% AT and 40% inflammation -- or perhaps 40% AT and 60% inflammation -- just know I look 30-40 pounds lighter but have only lost 10 -- riddle me that.....

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5023 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I reckon I look 30 lbs lighter having lost half that. 60 real ones to go. Sadly not all of that inflammamation. Gotta.keep at it now I am on the way, and healing too.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5024 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I don't know about you all....but mine is about 60% AT and 40% inflammation -- or perhaps 40% AT and 60% inflammation -- just know I look 30-40 pounds lighter but have only lost 10 -- riddle me that.....

What looks like fat and makes you fat, but isn't fatty fat?

Answer: Edema. i.e., water, H20!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#5025 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Double "like" both of the last entries!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: