9633 replies to this topic

#5026 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

What looks like fat and makes you fat, but isn't fatty fat?

Gelato!

Husband is making chile for dinner, because we finally ran out of the Indian curries we made last thurs/friday. Our 14 year old microwave is not wanting to start anymore, so we are having to boil water on the stove for coffee.... I managed to set off the smoke alarm doing this. :rolleyes: I would like to get a new mic just like the old one, and of course, now they are different, stylish, and fancier, which I do not need :P.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5027 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would like to get a new mic just like the old one, and of course, now they are different, stylish, and fancier, which I do not need :P.

Now you're starting to sound like me. I took my old one in and had it fixed, paid almost as much as for a new one, because I liked it better :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5028 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Gelato!

Husband is making chile for dinner, because we finally ran out of the Indian curries we made last thurs/friday. Our 14 year old microwave is not wanting to start anymore, so we are having to boil water on the stove for coffee.... I managed to set off the smoke alarm doing this. :rolleyes: I would like to get a new mic just like the old one, and of course, now they are different, stylish, and fancier, which I do not need :P.

I know what you mean. My microwave does 40 things and we use 3 of them - time, one minute button and sometimes the power level when defrosting.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5029 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

micros...ya mine died about two years ago...it was at least 20 years old...was great. hubby decided because of the age of our old one and i was whining about the new ones...he could bring home a jobsite jobby -- ewwwwww! Then I tried a cheap model...thinking simple is what i need...couldn't even pop corn for the teens.

saw a nice simple one at target...this conversation reminded me...i'm buying it.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5030 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

What looks like fat and makes you fat, but isn't fatty fat?

Answer: Edema. i.e., water, H20!!!

Oh yeah. I have a pic of me where I look as if someone had injected me with air. Think the Michelin Man. Edema--even my knees were fat
when I was deathly ill and headed towards emaciated.

Now that I have reduced some of that inflammation? I look like I lost a lot of weight, even though the jeans are still a bit snug..
So, yes, I still have some "adipose tissue" (as Lovey calls it ) that needs to go.

As for the microwave, I confess I did not even own one until I met the hubs. He thought I was a dinosaur even back then. I like things simple and I adapted to this new toy in the kitchen. The one he had for so long did two things. defrost and timed heating. I liked it. Then, it broke. Had to "learn the new one". Have no clue what 3/4 of those buttons do and I really do not care to learn. I'm so "old school"--- I know.sigh
I mostly use it for the heat packs for my neck and back. :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5031 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Well, dinner in the next 20 minutes and still a bit rough. Got to try and find something quick for the glutenhedz that doesn't make me want to hurl. And something for me, the same..

Tomorrow will be better :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5032 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Oh, Mindwarp, that's a great attitude! Tomorrow is a new day. :)

I am making pasta with a delicious marinara sauce (homemade, of course). Smaller portions than in my previous life (up to yesterday). And a simple baby greens and arugula salad with "candied" pecans caramelized pear vinaigrette. No dessert - we are on a mission to lose this adipose tissue!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5033 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Managed a bit of sweet potato and a cheese omelette. Much happier now :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5034 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Chicken rice soup tonight since that will feel good on my sore throat and ears.

#5035 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Grumps here is having a heaping plate of Japanese Sweet Potato Fries

Men are having TriTip with something white and something green ;)

Edited after a small attitude adjustment - aka a glass of SinZin :D

Hope all my silly pals are feeling strong manana!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5036 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Beef noodle soup. Its almost done :)

#5037 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

We have a blizzard bearing down on us, so I just made some rolls, and I am making bison chili for backup

and for dinner tonight:

Roasted chicken.

Sage stuffing with apples.

Sweet potato, carrot, apple and cranberry gratin

Butternut squash, goat cheese, leeks and hazelnut gratin

Tossed mixed greens, radishes, cukes, yellow baby tomatoes with champagne vinaigrette.

I can always reheat things on the wood stove if the power goes out and the generator does not start (or fails).
but if we lose the internet, well, I'll see you in a few days!

Posted Image

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5038 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

There's a reason to love the wood stoves :)

I kinda/maybe overcooked the pasta in my soup. Hard to tell really. It says not to, but i didn't see any difference. Maybe i hit it right on the mark? They were the ancient harvest quinoa shells by the way. I think it might be because they supposably desolve? Meh, no matter, still was good. :)

#5039 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Stir fry tonight, turkey, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms rice and gluten-free soy sauce.

Looks like a few steps back then start the reintroductions again next week.

#5040 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Guys.
Make this!
Butternut squash, leeks, goat cheese and toasted hazelnut gratin
One of my old tried and true favs and I made it again today after a long time.......and the hubs said "outstanding, babe"
You will not be sorry ! :) .

http://www.epicuriou...azelnuts-240412

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: