9561 replies to this topic

#5056 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

We are making beef stew in the crock pot. It smells yummy.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5057 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Pork, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5058 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Hubby and I are having an at home date night tonight :)

#5059 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sloppy Joes on Bannock and frozen mixed veg and some fresh veg.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#5060 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Quick! someone talk me out of making a vanilla cheesecake.

What is it about stormy weather that makes me want to make so much comfort food?

Posted Image

Hubs is having pizza for dinner.... but I'm not.......grumble ....grumble....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5061 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Quick! someone talk me out of making a vanilla cheesecake.

What is it about stormy weather that makes me want to make so much comfort food?

Posted Image

Hubs is having pizza for dinner.... but I'm not.......grumble ....grumble....

Don't do it... it is all an evil plot by the cows to make you have hips like theirs.

Okay, my heart isn't in it. Have cheesecake! Glad to see you're still with us so far.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5062 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

MOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5063 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Friday night is pizza night. Bacon smells good in the oven -- as soon as it's ready everyone will fix their own pizza how they like it. I better get in there and chop some veggies!We are using the Pamela's gluten-free bread mix - pizza crust recipe on the back. I'll edit it with a photo when they're out!
Yum!

https://sphotos-b.xx...676145182_n.jpg

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#5064 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

PIZZA!! Not because it sounded particularly awesome but because I feel particularly lazy. Hubs went and picked up a take and bake from his favorite local shop where they are as cheap or cheaper than a not terrible frozen store pizza. Usually we share a pizza, but I wanted one to myself so I can have leftover all weekend. He can keep his gluteny hands off my dinner!

ETA: I should add that pizza is lazy food because I don't make crust. I have a few Venice crusts left. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5065 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER ASAP! i think it's the winter, seriouslyy, husband is on the couch with a heating pad on his back :( it comes and goes, but mostly he has trouble with it in the cold weather. my poor hero. and it's a relatively nice day here in east tennessee - was hoping to get outside and start a fire by the river - but since he follows me everywhere i guess i'm stuck in the punkin shell....

might as well cook.
grilled bbq chicken legs (NOT smoked, just marinated in sauce)
baked beans
some sort of pasta with cheese sauce

my sis got 10-12" of snow in northern nj - not too bad, considering. hope everybody up there is doing ok. (lisa - did they catch that wacko???? :( )

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5066 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Korean Rice Cakes with Shrimp and Peas (am not making the rice cakes from scratch - while I usually love labour-intensive recipes, I just don't have it in me today d/t pain). To me this is the ultimate comfort food. Husband is away, it is snowing (as usual) and I'm hurting all over. But things could always be worse. ;)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5067 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER ASAP! i think it's the winter, seriouslyy, husband is on the couch with a heating pad on his back :( it comes and goes, but mostly he has trouble with it in the cold weather. my poor hero. and it's a relatively nice day here in east tennessee - was hoping to get outside and start a fire by the river - but since he follows me everywhere i guess i'm stuck in the punkin shell...

This might just be one of the nicest things I've ever heard about a couple loving each other.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5068 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Korean Rice Cakes with Shrimp and Peas (am not making the rice cakes from scratch - while I usually love labour-intensive recipes, I just don't have it in me today d/t pain). To me this is the ultimate comfort food. Husband is away, it is snowing (as usual) and I'm hurting all over. But things could always be worse. ;)

Oh sweets! I know this kind of hurting all over and I wish I could make it stop for you.
I am sending you so much love and supportive gentle hugs. Stay warm. Heat your muscles. Rest.
xxoo

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5069 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

This might just be one of the nicest things I've ever heard about a couple loving each other.

Ditto :D

Who is doing better today. My week long plus ear infection has completely healed without the antibiotics I had at the ready - teen and grandpa both had a bad bug but only for 36 hours :)

Life is good - dinner is zu noodles with meat other vegies and yummy carrot garlic sauce in a pretty dish - ready to go on a date with hubby - I can't wait - back to real world tomorrow - tonight is datenight!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5070 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

ready to go on a date with hubby - I can't wait - back to real world tomorrow - tonight is datenight!

Posted Image

go, enjoy! You deserve it! You've been a wonderfully supportive daughter, mother, sister and friend.......all week (as always) and it's time for a break.

xx.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: