9581 replies to this topic

#5071 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

I just don't have it in me today d/t pain). To me this is the ultimate comfort food. Husband is away, it is snowing (as usual) and I'm hurting all over. But things could always be worse. ;)

Wishing your pain away and Hubs safe return. You are amazing - even in pain your creations are nothing short of miraculous.

Hoping your pain becomes less each day :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5072 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

- but since he follows me everywhere i guess i'm stuck in the punkin shell....

Arlene,
I do hope his back feels better! and I have to say, I've got one of those darling guys, too. So nice to be watched over! :)
and, BTW you always make the best-sounding comfort food to eat!!!! Yum!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5073 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

ground beef stirfry maybe? Something lite? some veggies, ground beef, olive oil and a little salt and pepper should work on a, somewhat, agreeable stomach today.

#5074 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

Hmmmm - amazing likeness to my man ;)

Huge smile on my face - TY

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5075 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hmmmm - amazing likeness to my man ;)

Huge smile on my face - TY

;)have a blast!

So, back to basics!

Dinner tonight:

Pork medallions in carmelized onions
Applesauce
and the "encore" of the butternut squash, goat cheese and hazelnut gratin.
I exercised major restraint and did NOT make the cheesecake.
not sure where this is coming from, except maybe the resurrected gym rat I had inside me? :lol:

I broke out my sled--yes, it is a flexible flyer from (ahem) 1967--still in tip-top shape and I am going to use it tomorrow.!! why not??

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5076 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Flexiflyers rock - we use many plastc sleds - trash can lids - yet nothing beats my flyer on the right hill with loads of fresh to land on.

I don't think I'm ready for a flyer - make a snow angel for me.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5077 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

A staple for me is salad with canned fish as I am trying to keep my grocery budget from being too insane lol. :rolleyes: http://nomnompaleo.c...d-avocado-wraps One of the steps is rolling the salad into a lettuce leaf "wrap" but its still good without:)

#5078 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Flexiflyers rock - we use many plastc sleds - trash can lids - yet nothing beats my flyer on the right hill with loads of fresh to land on.

I don't think I'm ready for a flyer - make a snow angel for me.

Trash can lids rule....City kid here! and oh, gosh.... I am surely not ready for it either...I may just ride the cat around on it..... :lol: I just want to play!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5079 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Wishing your pain away and Hubs safe return. You are amazing - even in pain your creations are nothing short of miraculous.

Hoping your pain becomes less each day :)

You are so sweet. :) Cooking keeps me sane many days, even if I must break down the recipes into its various components and just do one at a time, rest, do another, rest... Part of it is the fear of losing my passion for things. I do not want to go down that path! So far, so good.

I FINALLY slept last night. Most nights I must get up and walk around because of pain. Last night I did not get up at all. And this afternoon the one I love more than life itself will return. Amazing how when one marries your heart bursts with love and you cannot fathom loving him/her any more than you do but then it grows and grows and grows into something even more incredible. I love my husband. :wub:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5080 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yesterday I mixed up a batch of rub for making jerky today which I am just about to do. I am going housesitting for a few days tomorrow and of course cannot cook out there. So, am making a few snacks to take along that are better choices than pigging out on chips and such like.

Tonight am making a bit pot of chile con carne with chipotle and a bit of bittersweet chocolate. Bay-infused white rice. Shaved Brussels sprouts with a Meyer lemon Dijon vinaigrette. That should keep us nice and cozy tonight. ^_^
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5081 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

You are so sweet. :) Cooking keeps me sane many days, even if I must break down the recipes into its various components and just do one at a time, rest, do another, rest... Part of it is the fear of losing my passion for things. I do not want to go down that path! So far, so good.

I FINALLY slept last night. Most nights I must get up and walk around because of pain. Last night I did not get up at all. And this afternoon the one I love more than life itself will return. Amazing how when one marries your heart bursts with love and you cannot fathom loving him/her any more than you do but then it grows and grows and grows into something even more incredible. I love my husband. :wub:

I can relate to this sentiment on every level, dear girl. It was my husband who kept me from going mad when I was at my painful, sickest worst and our love only grows more with each year. He's my rock and my heartbeat :wub:and I light up like a firefly when I hear the door open and he
yells," I'm home, Babe!'
A bit mushy and goofy, I know, but I don't care.
For years, I spent many nights waking around and around my house at night because of the pain. I barely slept for 3 years.
It's better. I sleep nearly 6 or 7 hours now.
And I go to the gym. That seemed impossible 2 years ago. I could barely walk.
I promise you, honey---just keep doing all the therapies we have talked about and I think in time, you'll have more relief, too.
Hang in there, my friend.xx.

It's darn cold here, so it's feeling like a chicken and rice soup kind of day with cheesy rolls.

I'm going for a double trial--grain and dairy- let's see what happens. I know, I know.... I should try them separately, but I am feeling lucky. :D (and going against my own advice to others is a bit rebellious....)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5082 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Funny, I ended up doing cheese and rice together. I seem to have survived adding the gluten-free soy sauce too.

Dinner is as many roasted vegetables.as I can get my hands on, and most likely lamb.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5083 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

I can relate to this sentiment on every level, dear girl. It was my husband who kept me from going mad when I was at my painful, sickest worst and our love only grows more with each year. He's my rock and my heartbeat :wub:and I light up like a firefly when I hear the door open and he
yells," I'm home, Babe!'

Yes. You understand so thoroughly, Irish. I wouldn't even need to explain anything to you. All I would need to say is "Ouch" and you would know. Our husbands are Heaven sent. My favourite time of the day is whenever mine gets home from work or wherever he is. Then he puts everything aside and we lie down and discuss my day. He dislikes talking shop and I dislike discussing pain. He knows and gauges my moods/pain levels well. So, we discuss the new dog I saw in the park or the ingredients that go into dinner, etc. Sure, we discuss the yucky stuff, but choose not to dwell on it. We try to find ways to change/improve things. My husband is not perfect (who is?) but he is my rock and makes me feel so loved, cherished and secure. And no, he has no brothers! Well, except for Irish's husband. ^_^

OK. Enough mushiness for today. My jerky is smelling soooooo good! How can I wait for six more hours to taste it?? The cure I used is from Michael Symon's new book, "Carnivore". I would NOT make a good vegetarian. At all. :wacko:

#5084 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

And no, he has no brothers! Well, except for Irish's husband. ^_^

OK. Enough mushiness for today. My jerky is smelling soooooo good! How can I wait for six more hours to taste it?? The cure I used is from Michael Symon's new book, "Carnivore". I would NOT make a good vegetarian. At all. :wacko:

Not a good vegetarian here either. I love meat. I admit it. It's a moral dilemma for me as I love animals.
I wish I could be a vegetarian or even a vegan. I do not think my muscles can recover without the meat protein right now.

And I feel bad when I look a cow in the eye. I cast my eyes down in shame when we pass by the neighbors' farms.
I will not eat the venison my neighbors offer. I just fed those guys in my backyard :unsure: sigh....

well, my guy is an only child and every female I know asks me " does he have a brother? "
I would clone him if I could. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5085 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Not a good vegetarian here either. I love meat. I admit it. It's a moral dilemma for me as I love animals.
I wish I could be a vegetarian or even a vegan. I do not think my muscles can recover without the meat protein right now.

And I feel bad when I look a cow in the eye. I cast my eyes down in shame when we pass by the neighbors' farms.
I will not eat the venison my neighbors offer. I just fed those guys in my backyard :unsure: sigh....

well, my guy is an only child and every female I know asks me " does he have a brother? "
I would clone him if I could. :lol:

It is a moral dilemma for me, too. I LOVE animals. In fact, we are becoming foster "parents" soon. We lost our precious border collie three years ago and we feel it is time for another one to love. I grew up on a farm and saw a lot of butchery (pigs, cattle, sheep...still not sure where my black sheep Ebony went) and all manner of poultry. But I have such respect for animals and as I grow older the mushier I get. In fact, I cannot handle seeing a stray dog or abused animals on the news. My husband used to be a bow hunter but he cannot do it any longer. He is about the most serious animal lover I have ever seen. He's the type who will even approach dogs on chains whose hair is standing up on end and snarling with saliva dripping all over the place. Well, I'm exaggerating just a touch, but still. He cannot pass an animal without touching it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: