9532 replies to this topic

#5116 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Oh...tonight I'm stealing Alex's idea -- was going to make pizza for the other son yesterday as a Valintine, but ran out of time -- hadn't thought of making heartshaped ones, so toight we'll have heartshaped personal pizzas for everyone - except me ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5117 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Tonight will be easy. I am dying for some mac and cheese so I think I'll throw some together this afternoon. Besides that I always make enough fried chicken to have some the next night because of how labor intensive it is to make. And cake, there is still plenty of cake. Know the song I want a hippopotamus for Christmas? I've got that stuck in my head now only I think I'm going to BE a hippopotamus for Christmas if I don't stop baking. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5118 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Anyone know what "sweet rice flour" is? I have a recipe for lime bars that uses white rice flour and sweet rice flour (about 1/4 of the total flour) for the crust. WF didn't have any. I think I'll try it with just white rice flour and see what happens.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5119 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Synonymous terms: sweet rice flour; sticky rice flour; glutinous rice flour; i.e., any rice flour that isn't called white or brown :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5120 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Synonymous terms: sweet rice flour; sticky rice flour; glutinous rice flour; i.e., any rice flour that isn't called white or brown :D

They didn't have any flour named those. Think it will work with just the rice flour?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#5121 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

They didn't have any flour named those. Think it will work with just the rice flour?

I've used regular white rice flour in similar circumstance -- worked fine.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5122 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Making mac and cheese tonight. Stomach decided that milk stuffs was okay.

At any rate, I was going to go do some food shopping today, but the wind picked up like mad and started to spit snow.

#5123 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

We had fish, fries, hush puppies and slaw. OH MY GOSH was it good, I was in HEAVEN! We ordered the hush puppy mix from from a Grist mill from back home and it makes the BEST hush puppies we've ever had! I just recently realized we could order it online. We did add finely chop onion to the batter. HAVE MERCY. They were VERY light and fluffy and naturally gluten free because they don't process any wheat in there! We also ordered grits, cornbread mix and rice. It is the best we've ever had. I would share a photo but it won't let me post it unless I have an URL.
In case anyone is interested,
http://palmettofarms.com/

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5124 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Salmon, rice, stir fry peppers, zucchini, mushrooms.
And an evening of singing and unexpectedly catching up with a load of old friends, some of whom I haven't seen for over 15 years. It was great :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5125 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Lemon and orange Roast Chicken au Jus
Roast Baby Potatoes with Fresh Herbs
Steamed Broccoli
Strawberries with balsamic and pepper
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5126 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ran outta steam from a good day hiking. Pizza delayed until tomorrow.

Hubby chopping and dicing away while I enjoy my glass of zin and catch up with the news of the day.

He has his choice of shrimp, ground beef or ny steaks...hmmm I wonder which he will choose?

Steak with something yummy ahead :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5127 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I've used regular white rice flour in similar circumstance -- worked fine.

If you have an Oriental grocery in your area, they'll carry sweet rice.

We had grilled salmon tonight with chopped rosemary/mustard/brown sugar basting, & mashed parmesan potatoes with a salad. We're always a day late, last night's dinner was pretty awful.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5128 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Mac and cheese was soooo goood.

#5129 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

After grocery shopping the homemade mac and cheese turned into mac and cheese from a box. :( At least I have daffodil cake with lemon curd with which to drown my sorrows.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5130 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I found some sweet rice flour. I was trying to avoid going to the Asian store as it was out of the way.

Last night we had chicken tacos. I used iceberg lettuce for my shell. Tonight we are having some experimental appetizers. I am having people over next Friday and haven't decided what to make yet.

A little late for Valentines Day but I just saw this:

http://thepapermama....-of-hearts.html

LTES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: