IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Nice bacon hearts, K!

waaaa

I'm sick (note to self: never, ever brag that you "do not get colds or the flu") <_<

and I can't eat and everything hurts. oy.

Can someone please bring me some chicken soup? Thank you.

This had better be gone soon. I've got a vacation planned.

....'scuse me while I go cough up a lung.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5132 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Soup in the post :)

Heading out for a few days, mini kitchen on board. If I don't speak have a good time.

IH beat that bug off with a stick if necessary :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5133 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

waaaa

I'm sick (note to self: never, ever brag that you "do not get colds or the flu") <_<

Aren't you old enough to have learned not to do this sort of thing? You just.... don't say things like this, it is practically like hexing yourself.
Eat this and feel better. Posted Image

Tonight is easy dinner for me to make but sooooo good. Ham and eggs, and if I'm feeling spunky maybe even some pancakes. Or a German pancake, but that seems silly with eggs. Maybe arepas since they taste so similar to English muffins. But like I said, a bread-like object depends on how spunky I feel later.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5134 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I know, I know. Posted Image duh

To reverse the hex, I just said this:

I never, ever win the lottery.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5135 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Soup in the post :)

Heading out for a few days, mini kitchen on board. If I don't speak have a good time.

IH beat that bug off with a stick if necessary :)

Have a good time!!!! :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5136 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

NIce and simple tonight...steak and homemade sweet potato fries :)

#5137 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Nice bacon hearts, K!

waaaa

and I can't eat and everything hurts. oy.

Can someone please bring me some chicken soup? Thank you.

This had better be gone soon. I've got a vacation planned.

....'scuse me while I go cough up a lung.

Oh, I so wish I could come and take care of you. I'll bet your sweetheart is spoiling you to bits. Please get better soon. And keep those lungs firmly ensconced where they should be! ^_^
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5138 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Pork Spring Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Chile Dipping Sauce
Saucy Korean Shrimp over Vermicelli
Baby Greens, Toasted Pecans, Sliced Pear and White Balsamic Orange Vinaigrette
Roasted Apples with Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5139 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Oh, I so wish I could come and take care of you. I'll bet your sweetheart is spoiling you to bits. Please get better soon. And keep those lungs firmly ensconced where they should be! ^_^

Well, he was until he got it ,too. :unsure: Nothing says true love like two people simultaneously hacking themselves silly all night long

I wish you could come too, hon... but I'd rather you came when I am well so we can play together in the kitchen!!.

Okay, well, I managed to work up the "oomph" to throw in a roasted chicken. It got a quickie butter, thyme, lemon, garlic treatment of some sort.

and maybe some potatoes and carrots. That took all the energy I had stored up.
whew. I'm toast.

Honestly, guys.........I'd rather be glutened than be "sick". This "regular people sick" thing sucks.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5140 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well, he was until he got it ,too. :unsure: Nothing says true love like two people simultaneously hacking themselves silly all night long

I wish you could come too, hon... but I'd rather you came when I am well so we can play together in the kitchen!!.

Okay, well, I managed to work up the "oomph" to throw in a roasted chicken. It got a quickie butter, thyme, lemon, garlic treatment of some sort.

and maybe some potatoes and carrots. That took all the energy I had stored up.
whew. I'm toast.

Honestly, guys.........I'd rather be glutened than be "sick". This "regular people sick" thing sucks.

You poor lovely girl. Are you feeling any better today?

#5141 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Penne with Sundried Tomato Pesto and Italian Sausage Ragu (using my homemade sundried tomato pesto)
Minted Peas
Strawberry, banana and blueberry salad dressed with honey lime poppyseed glaze

#5142 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

You poor lovely girl. Are you feeling any better today?

Thanks for asking, sweetie. Yes, a little bit ! Hubs --er, not so much. Poor guy.

I was just about to start throwing together a chicken noodle soup.
We do not really have appetites. :unsure:

I do not feel so wiped out today, so that must be a good sign!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5143 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

So a while ago Addy posted about making cheese bread without buying a mix, using

the recipe from the following link

http://www.ourbestbi...ao-de-queijo-2/

Well, it's awesome. Piece of advice? Don't accidentally double the amount of oil called

for in the recipe......

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5144 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for that link, JN.  I missed the gluten-free Expo here because I am recovering from cellultis.

We had grilled pork tenderloin, steamed pea pods, roasted potatoes and homemade applesauce.  (An apple a day...wishing...)

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5145 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

So - it is cold many places - flu bugs flying willy nilly and a good cheesebread recipe - hold the double oil!

Road trip needed! Life has gotten in the way of me snapping pics of candidates but I have spied them everywhere I walk and run! Yes these joints haven't handled the impact of running in over 20 years!

Dinner was almonds and dried pears in the movie theater - two men picked up mex on the way home - other had safe encores.

IH - hang in there and dream of the vacation ahead - hmmm - where is that countdown?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: