9633 replies to this topic

#5161 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

goodness, we are a sickly bunch this week :(  love2 i think you're right although 'wisdom' doesn't usually scarf down a cupcake from a questionable source!  i'm still rebounding (o gosh, my guts HURT - hard to imagine before diagnosis i was *used* to feeling this miserable)  probably make the hubs eat leftovers - err - encores.  maybe i'll have some clam chowda later if my samwich is nice to me...

everybody:  feel better soon!  i'll be holding down the couch if ya need me.  :/

sorry babes.... someone's already on the couch. How about this chair over here?

:wacko: we're all messes today.....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5162 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Bad day, so a soup for dinner i think...

#5163 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well that was the best day post glutening ever -- yet still sucked.  Just installed myself in my comfy chair -- feet elevated -- ice on various parts and ready to start barking orders at my men as they pass thru the room -- teasing -- mostly -- I will have them fetch me fresh ice, tea and water :)

Good thing I spoiled (bribed) them with sweet treats all last week ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5164 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm not doing too poorly today. I got out of the house to buy my own steroids, although I am way too foggy to be able to drive. I feel pretty much like I would if I had taken a narcotic painkiller, mentally. I get loopy and fun. And, I've been awake like all day! :D (This required vast amounts of dew, but it was call the kids day do I had to be up.) I am mostly attributing my status of feeling generally poorly over like living hell to the fact that I have taken up a clay habit. The Redmond farm is pretty close to where I live and after much research I decided to try it.

Just got off the phone and am starving. I have a cook it in its own bag pork loin and beyond all my good advice to myself, I want mac and cheese. There is nothing right now that sounds half as appealing as a huge bowl of the stuff, with a good heap of tomatoes in it.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5165 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

It's been cold the last couple of days. :unsure: My husband picked up leeks and potatoes yesterday to make soup for us today. :D

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5166 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I found some excellent lactose-free mozzarella so am making a low-fat version of poutine.  Just poutine and only poutine.  Oh, heck.  May as well steam some broccoli.  Made superb chocolate chip cookies for my massage therapist this morning and am not having any myself (except that one I sacrified for quality control). 

Tomorrow's dinner is far more inspired.  Can't wait!  :P

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5167 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I found some excellent lactose-free mozzarella so am making a low-fat version of poutine.  Just poutine and only poutine.  Oh, heck.  May as well steam some broccoli.  Made superb chocolate chip cookies for my massage therapist this morning and am not having any myself (except that one I sacrified for quality control). 

Tomorrow's dinner is far more inspired.  Can't wait!  :P

Fries, gravy and cheese = poutine, right? Sounds like comfort food to me! :)

If you had not had at least 1 cookie to "make sure they weren't poison" (my excuse) I'd have been disappointed.

I made bison meatloaf, whipped potatoes and corn---the hubs has recovered enough to have an appeitite.

me? meh, not so much. But I got a few mouthfuls down.

Cookies would be nice. This low histamine diet + the flu = getting really old.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5168 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

There is some pork left so I can make my husband fend for himself. As for me, I slapped just a little pork and mac & cheese in a bowl and warmed it up to have along with the world's best soup. What is the world's best soup? Creamy carrot soup. There was a moment of panic when I couldn't find my soup cookbook, but that was quickly remedied and I imagine that by this time tomorrow I'll be out of soup and sending my husband to the store for more whipping cream.

I actually got him to try my mac & cheese this time, probably because I had the brilliant idea to bake it in my cast iron frying pan for max surface area and covered it in a plethora of breadcrumbs. He told me it tastes like macaroni and toast. I call that a win!

5bedac75-73fc-4480-8905-66c821e68634_zps

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5169 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Leftover beef cabage and noodle soup for me.

#5170 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Doing much better today.

Mom doing a bit better which makes it a wonderful day.

Hubby and I headed out camping to Santa Barbara tomorrow morning -- hotel reservation for Saturday night - just in case.

Tonight is Roast Beef, Butternut Squash and Asparagus and packing for my first camping trip in five years :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5171 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Have a GREAT time, Ski!!  :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5172 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

That sounds fun. Glad you're feeling better enough for fun stuff. I'm hoping to feel like a person soon myself.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5173 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

That sounds fun. Glad you're feeling better enough for fun stuff. I'm hoping to feel like a person soon myself.

Me too.  <_< I've had enough of this crap.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5174 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Me too.  <_< I've had enough of this crap.

Meh, I think we just have a jinxed February. It'll be behind us soon and we can all start over with a fresh and new March with spring right around the corner and we can all just start over with the fresh spring. :D I'm also looking super forward to plants and a garden and fresh vegetables again!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5175 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Meh, I think we just have a jinxed February. It'll be behind us soon and we can all start over with a fresh and new March with spring right around the corner and we can all just start over with the fresh spring. :D I'm also looking super forward to plants and a garden and fresh vegetables again!

I'm all for that. Fresh. New. and Springy!! :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: