9493 replies to this topic

#5191 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Perhaps its time to revisit lion king? If i remember right, there is an explanation in that movie about all things that have their place in the "order of life" sort to speak. Thats if i'm understanding that she won't eat meat because it comes from animals. Random thought... :)

For protien, peanut butter is pretty high in it as are other nuts.

I've never liked beans. I have texture issues with some foods (beans and eggs mainly), and my stomach says no to them if i try. :unsure:

Hmm, didn't even think about the Lion King.  And you are right, it's because meat comes from animals. She is a sweet kid but sometimes her concern over other people and things is strange to me (not that alot of concern is a bad thing at all, it's just new because I never gave a thought to what I was eating or protecting the planet.) Although, this is the child that decided she doesn't want a party this year because she would rather me let her buy food with the money to donate to the local food pantry.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5192 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

O MY GOSH i am so so so so so so so so so so sorry :(  we actually recorded the twin 125's to watch on thursday night at my brother's house and as soon as the first duel was over, son's girlfriend texts me who won.  (she is a sweetheart but kinda new to the whole nascar seriousness and it was her driver so she was excited)  so i guess i am That Idiot.  please forgive me.  

we usually have friendly wagers - bets were on:  harvick, biffle, bowyer, j.burton, ky.busch, b.keselowski, kenseth and hamlin.  

how do you love that asphalt cam???  

(sorry again :( )

no worries....I laughed out loud when I read your original post :D

Love the asphault cam -- those were some good bets until the toyotas started popping ;)

Our family's favorites have always been Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson -- but have too many others I root for Mark Martin, Jeff Burton (& Ward when he was racing), Little E has my heart -- and I was rooting for him to beat Jimmy on the last lap!  Adam Petty broke my then 7 year old's heart so I always pulled for Kyle when he raced -- and love that Michael Waltrip was back in the car for Daytona -- fun that these guys get to own and race their cars now :)

Oh, oh and Danica took the pole, led a lap and finished Top Ten -- not a huge fan of hers, but have to cheer any woman that breaks into the old boys club ;)

PS...told the hubs when she took the pole -- "now that is a pole dance I approve of"

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5193 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

No idea what i'm going to do for dinner.

Beef and rice soup maybe?

#5194 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Catfish with a very mildly spicy tomato-y sauce type thing tonight over rice. Very yummy. Hubs is having a ham sandwich. :lol: The man has seriously busted taste buds. Oh well, I'll have an awesome lunch tomorrow.

Have a safe trip Irish! I'm sure that the sun and beach and dolphins and all that will do amazing things for you. We all can't wait to hear about it.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5195 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

I was a day ahead of myself. I'm lucky I can even manage to remember how to tie my sneakers let alone figure out what day of the week it is! Tonight we're having pizza quesadillas. I can't wait. I'm so excited I want supper now.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5196 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

hmmmm....pizza for dinner sounds perfect for the end of another busy day -- been in bed right after dinner last two nights -- nothing bad just tired from actually having life again!

Last night was Lamb Steaks with some sort of parsnip/sweet potato/garlic mashed dealio -- a new produce market opened up the road with a butcher conducting business in plain sight and didn't mind my inquistion and I met the owner of the egg farm talking to the owner of the new store in front of the egg counter and there were several types of oil that might be safe for me and they had 5 more types of squash that I don't see at Sprouts and they had a tea with guava leaf in it (a friend told me to look for guava leaves and white tea) -- a very good day for this shopper indeed!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5197 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Ground lamb, with onions, mushrooms, zucchini, tomato with brown rice pasta (reintroduction on pasta, so fingers crossed).

Nice to be back. Had a week away, stayed with 3 different friends, and I did all my own cooking in their kitchens, with my own equipment. No glutening, yay!!!
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5198 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

One last check in before we go, just  to say:

yaay for no glutenings on the road, Mindwarp, my buddyl!! good on you.

yaay for finding guava leaves and white tea, Ski!! Let's hope they do some magic. I'll find some in FLA.

and yaay for being a veteran and packing up a portable kitchen. This year was so simple compared to last year.

The traveling celiac? No problem!! LOL

I'm off. You all stay well!! xxoo 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5199 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Bon Voyage Irish and Welcome Home Mindwarp!

Yay for no glutenings on the road - always makes it that much more enjoyable to travel when gluten stays off our path :D

IH is correct -- my travel kitchen got packed in less than a half hour for camping last weekend -- first gluten-free trip took hours to plan and more to execute - and that was traveling to full kitchens.

Thanks to Addie, my family was very happy to hear I'll be making pizza this evening -- along with spaghetti and a nice colorfilled salad.

Dad is coming over and so is one of the sons new girlfriends -- should be interesting (uncomfortable for poor sweet girlfriend) for all, but at least I made Tiramisu with Schar Lady Fingers -- this not tasting crap I make is getting a bit old -- I get nervous every time I serve a new dessert because I hadn't tasted -- the Strawberry Heart Explosion Cake of Valentines was a huge success so hoping everyone likes this as well - we shall see.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5200 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Tiramisu? Can I come to your house?!?

Ok, so the whole pizza quesadilla thing was a whim. I wasn't sure it would work but I mean, what can't you put between two corn tortillas and fry? So, pizza sauce, pizza blend of cheese and diced pepperonis. I was worried it would be meh, or worse. Instead it is awesome! It is like a little mini thin crust pizza. The perfect gluten free version of English muffin pizzas imo. I think this may just become a weekly food. Or a lunch staple multiple times a week. There is no such thing as too much pizza, I could (and have in the past) eat it 7 days a week happily.

ETA: my husband insists I also share our official name for our new food. He has dubbed them pizzadillas. I don't care what they're called, just keep them coming!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5201 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.

What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5202 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

One last check in before we go, just  to say:

and yaay for being a veteran and packing up a portable kitchen. This year was so simple compared to last year.
The traveling celiac? No problem!! LOL

! xxoo 

I have a plastic box that we just leave all the possible items I would want to travel with. I just have a big strong man get it down, and I can choose what I need. The Same big strong young man who bought me a grill spatula with a wooden handle and painted it red. I also have a plastic container with stuff for packing a lunch and extras. When you find a product you like, you got to buy extras. It has my freeze able lunch bags, salad containers, etc. I just traded the van in so I have to pack lighter!

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.
What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

I have found many people willing to try my experimental desserts. To quote my parents " we'll try any dessert experiments!"

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5203 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

We had to trade our van last year too, so I was double proud I did it ok on my first trip where I couldn't just throw everything in!! I don't miss the repair bill, but it was kinda cool just throwing the stroller in the back without even folding :-):-)

Still contemplating dinner, but survived rice pasta yesterday fine. Lost 20lbs since 2 Jan and feeling good. 55 or so to go...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5204 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5205 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

Happy 5th Anniversary to you both!

Enjoy your pizza night   : )

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: