Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Woo happy anniversary :)
Have a wonderful evening x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5207 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Addy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, sweets! xx

K, my portable kitchen was devised by reading your suggestions last year and adding the Koolatron.

Plus, I also found a cool collapsible colander. Less awkward to transport.

http://www.sears.com...=30-121676474-2

So cool what they make now. 

Mindwarp! 20 lbs.--that's awesome, buddy. I'm over-the-moon for you. xx

Okay guys, we drove for 8 hours and we're in VA now. There is a Bonefish Grill across the street and this place GETS IT.

We were going to just heat up the stuffed peppers we brought, but it  seemed wrong not to take advantage of this safe gluten-free dining opportunity. 

I had:

Chilean sea bass with mango salsa

herbed rice

roasted asparagus

and then, I had the nerve to have some

creme brulee.

:)

I'll probably sleep like a log.  

Ski, all's well so far. Just a tad "ouchy" from the long car ride, but they have a hot tub in the hotel and I'm going to get in it right now. ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5208 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

IH, that sounds sooooo good :)

Turkey breast steak wrapped in prosciutto, with an egg, carrots and broccoli. Looking forward to the weekend, have a good one everyone
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5209 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I wouldn't have resisted creme brulee myself. It is a vacation after all.

Today was supposed to be my last day babysitting, as the little guy was starting at a daycare to get some social skills. He spent the day home instead. I have burnt myself out getting his stuff all packed up for his mom to pick up so instead of pizza leftover for lunch tomorrow, we're just having them tonight. If I get super ambitious, I'll reheat them in the oven instead of the microwave.

This is my last sleeping in weekend. Starting next Saturday I'm starting this food co-op thing that requires me to pick up my fruit/veggies at seven-o-freaking-clock in the morning. On a Saturday. It is practically criminal! And if I want to be a semi-decent human being and volunteer.... I have to show up an entire hour earlier. Who thinks up these times?!?! I just keep telling myself I'll save buttloads of money and I have nothing better to do. (except sleep)

So yes, bring on the weekend!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5210 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Zipity Do Da!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I consumed my first legume in 18 months - thus far (3 hours post consumption and I am fine) -- Shroomie you got your ears on?

I soaked and rinsed red lentils within an inch of their life for 48 hours -- added bone broth, garlic, ginger and onion for 45 mins -- then added good helping of salt, pepper and cilantro.

Dinner included some other stuff -- oh ya steak and asparagus....but, but, but I ate a lentil.....can you feel the happy dance - and this is with only one glass of Zin --- going to pour another and keep dancing :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5211 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

I had bean with bacon soup.  Made a big pot of it on Monday but starting to get a tad sick of it by now.  Still have another serving.  Too bad daughter doesn't like it.

#5212 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

I think I just heard a squeal of delight over here in my hotel in Georgia. Was it the sound of victory over 'da lentils? :lol:

I had white beans in a white chili last night that we brought with us, so I see your lentil and raise you a white bean.

Lisa, this is how we reclaim our lives--one stinkin legume at a time! :) 

So excited for you, sweets ---- and I just danced around the lobby.

J sends a  Whoohoo to you too! xx

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5213 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Happy Dance continues this morning -- it is a double legume happy dance...can't believe how happy my red lentils and Irish's white beans have made me :)

Dinner tonight will be more lentils and some meat and some vegies.

Haven't had chocolate mousse type substance in awhile -- big batch of that too.

and dear sister delivered three pounds of bacon for me to turn into RBJ -- house is going to smell yummy today!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5214 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,855 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Last night we had - Dali chicken, Pepper steak, Schezuan Beef, fried rice, & egg drop soup.  It was M's 17th Birthday and we went to Pf Changs!  They even brought him a little gluten-free flourless choclate cake with a candle.

Not sure what we are eating tonight.  Too much snow left to grill outside.  :angry:

You ladies with the beans - Take it easy there!  Hate to see you overindulge!  You got a designated driver?  :D

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5215 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5216 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Legumetastic news there ski!

I had roast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mangetout and ...my 1st white potato this year! That was 2 hours ago, so we''ll see if I am a zombie tomorrow. It was baked and crispy and soft and fluffy.

Gaining things back really makes you appreciate the simple things.

#5217 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

happy anniversary!!  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5218 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,855 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I think we will have calzones with spinach and a soft cheese like Boursin if I see it. And a " regular" Chebe focaccia moz & feta pizza.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5219 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Bacon, egg and cheese on Udi's bagel for the girlies and I tonight:)

#5220 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

I still feel great...but there has been a bit of gas -- wow just realizing how little gas has been generated the way i have been eating the past year or so...I don't miss it and I'm sure my honey has not missed it...limiting my little lentil friends to once a week or so ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: