9633 replies to this topic

#5221 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Lentils sound yummy! I haven't had any in a while, I think I'll make a lentil loaf this week. Glad that you can have them. And now you have a weapon of war too. :lol: Thanks for the idea.

It isn't just getting back foods, but celiac in general makes you appreciate the little things. Every little food. Every little activity. Every last win and victory we have. Every day there is a reason to celebrate. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5222 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Everyone wanna reason to celebrate? Well, everyone that can tolerate eggs, dairy, and tapioca flour

that is..... Sorry. :ph34r: 

I took Addy's cheese bread and fried it in a pan like crepes. CAN YOU SAY TORTILLAS? For

softer results, use very low heat and cover the pan. For crispy, crunchy, taco-shell-like deliciousness

turn it up a little and fry uncovered. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little basil (not sure why

just felt right lol) I ate the first few as they came out of the pan... You can make them tiny like an egg or

huge like the size of my big deep-sided fry pan. They turn beautifully once the bottom has crisped up.

Having the last big one I made with sunnyside eggs on it right now. Oh, and I made it with romano

cheese and was far too lazy to mix it up in a blender, I just mixed it in my pyrex glass thing with the

spout with a spoon. I used olive oil spray to grease the pan, no sticking at all in my stainless.

Addy is my hero.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5223 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Frying them? That is brilliant!!! OMG I know what's for breakfast.

Oh, and I'll bet any old milk type thing and fake cheese would work for people who are into that sort of thing.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5224 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Woohoo, I am not a zombie this morning, white potatoes are back in :)

Mind you, withover 50lbs still to lose, not too often. I have worked out that I need more carbs in the few days before my period, so that will make it a bit easier.

Yes Addy, everything is appreciated more. I am thankful I can now wallk regularly, and have the energy to play with my little ones :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5225 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Bunny Yay!

I can't eat them yet, but my sons will be extremely happy to try them...so thanks to you and Addie - I've been making crepes as substitute flour tortillas - they are alright but am excited too hear of another option!

And yes this flipping disease does make us appreciate everything - painless steps are my favorite which is close to a tie with finding out I might finally get a few foods back after four years of continually losing foods!

Lentils may have made me a bit tired as most legumes do, but I did have a very restful sleep - early here so I'm going to dream up a nice Sunday dinner for my family - Dad joining us twice a week since Mom's in the hospital - thinking Santa Maria Style TriTip - possibly with quesadillas and a bluberry cheesecake :)

Edited to add....Today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first learned the words Celiac Disease and Tissue Transglutaminase IgA....wow what a ride it has been -- off to walk six miles in celebration :D

Edited by GottaSki, 03 March 2013 - 07:24 AM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5226 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Happy anniversary ski :). Tough journey, but way better than the $#!% that came before I am guessing...

Mr Mindwarp is cooking up surprise in the kitchen and I RAN on the beach with my son this afternoon.

Second successful white potato at lunch today, and I had a few blueberries last 3 days.

Some days rock :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5227 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Four years. Yay! It is impossible to imagine the moment it happens that down the road we'll be celebrating hearing it. Yet here we all are, happy as freshly slopped pigs.

Tonight I have a little ham I yanked outta the freezer to cook up. I'll make some roasted red potatoes with it and maybe some corn. Gravy is definitely on the list.

And hey, it was Bun's idea to crepe them. I just always made them as mini-muffin-y type things. Either way, they're mmmmm-azing.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5228 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Tacos and burritos on for tonight.  Thanks Hubs.

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5229 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Leftovers for me. I may go make something for desert, however...

#5230 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

My neighbor found Mrs Leepers cheeseburger mac at Walmart and picked it up for us along with a whole bag of gluten-free stuff so we made that for dinner tonight and it wasn't too bad. I had read somewhere that it was kinda salty but I don't always taste salt in my food anyway so I didn't notice any of that. Plus my little ones asked for thirds which doesn't always happen.

#5231 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I also thought that the Mrs. Leeper's cheeseburger mac was okay. It wasn't awesome, and I only ended up buying it once because my husband didn't particularly like it. I can't have it right now because of the yeast, but maybe again sometime. It is pretty salty, but I have a thing for salt and other than that the flavor isn't bad. As a quick and easy meal it would be nice to be able to keep on hand to have once in a while.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5232 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Last night we had - Dali chicken, Pepper steak, Schezuan Beef, fried rice, & egg drop soup.  It was M's 17th Birthday and we went to Pf Changs!  They even brought him a little gluten-free flourless choclate cake with a candle.

Not sure what we are eating tonight.  Too much snow left to grill outside.  :angry:

You ladies with the beans - Take it easy there!  Hate to see you overindulge!  You got a designated driver?  :D

Always.  :D

Legumetastic news there ski!

I had roast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mangetout and ...my 1st white potato this year! That was 2 hours ago, so we''ll see if I am a zombie tomorrow. It was baked and crispy and soft and fluffy.

Gaining things back really makes you appreciate the simple things.

Total appreciation for every single sunrise!  ;)

Lentils sound yummy! I haven't had any in a while, I think I'll make a lentil loaf this week. Glad that you can have them. And now you have a weapon of war too. :lol: Thanks for the idea.

It isn't just getting back foods, but celiac in general makes you appreciate the little things. Every little food. Every little activity. Every last win and victory we have. Every day there is a reason to celebrate. :D

Every little activity, indeed,  like swimming with dolphins this morning. They gave me kisses, Addy..They jumped through a hoop for me. They let me stroke their bellies. They danced and "sang" for me--as I was in the circle and the dolphins chittered and people sang Happy Birthday to me. (they said it was just like having a reBirthday, so why not?) I did not argue.

Yup, I did it and I cried and I laughed and squealed like a little girl.

Total victory. Mega-- joy. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will. I'm exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

Happy anniversary ski :). Tough journey, but way better than the $#!% that came before I am guessing...

Mr Mindwarp is cooking up surprise in the kitchen and I RAN on the beach with my son this afternoon.

Second successful white potato at lunch today, and I had a few blueberries last 3 days.

Some days rock :)

oh baby, they rock like mad!!! whoohoo!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I am pilfering wifi from a Starbucks in Key Largo, so when I get to the place next week with wifi, I'll write some more.

Suffice to say, this is so awesome.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5233 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Bunny Yay!

I can't eat them yet, but my sons will be extremely happy to try them...so thanks to you and Addie - I've been making crepes as substitute flour tortillas - they are alright but am excited too hear of another option!

And yes this flipping disease does make us appreciate everything - painless steps are my favorite which is close to a tie with finding out I might finally get a few foods back after four years of continually losing foods!

Lentils may have made me a bit tired as most legumes do, but I did have a very restful sleep - early here so I'm going to dream up a nice Sunday dinner for my family - Dad joining us twice a week since Mom's in the hospital - thinking Santa Maria Style TriTip - possibly with quesadillas and a bluberry cheesecake :)

Edited to add....Today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first learned the words Celiac Disease and Tissue Transglutaminase IgA....wow what a ride it has been -- off to walk six miles in celebration :D

Happy Anniversary, my friend........you are so inspirational and I'm  ecstatic we are "getting back" instead of continually "taking out".

Rock on, sister--enjoy that walk!! xx

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5234 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Every little activity, indeed,  like swimming with dolphins this morning. They gave me kisses, Addy..They jumped through a hoop for me. They let me stroke their bellies. They danced and "sang" for me--as I was in the circle and the dolphins chittered and people sang Happy Birthday to me. (they said it was just like having a reBirthday, so why not?) I did not argue.

Yup, I did it and I cried and I laughed and squealed like a little girl.

Total victory. Mega-- joy. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will. I'm exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

:D I am so happy for you! There are little victories, that bring us smiles every day. Then there are these, the things that are so joyous that they bring us tears and laughter and memories of a lifetime. I'm actually so happy for you I cried a little. :ph34r: Enjoy your time and I'm sure we'll all be happy to hear more about your awesome vacation when you have a spare minute for us.

Tonight I'm getting around to those lentils. Lentil loaf and Alton Brown's stovetop mac. Neither of which I've ever made before but hey, it is so hard to go wrong with an Alton Brown recipe. Absolute, worst case scenario... everything goes horribly wrong and I end up eating quesadillas and tiramisu ice cream. I had planned on making tapioca pudding today but then when I was at Wal-mart they were doing a 50% off all clearance and I couldn't help shopping for new workout pants and shirts that I've been meaning to buy. Too tired now to do pudding, I guess tomorrow.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5235 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have baby romaine with lime vinaigrette and buffalo sirloin. Probably with some kefir for dessert, and a small piece of very dark chocolate.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: