This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Making me wanna go to sams now. :-/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

So just went to Kroger cuz I'm on the verge of broke til payday Friday (tow trucks and starters are expensive) and got enough food to get through til Friday. Looking at some pizza, I saw Diaya brand for the first time ever, and it was on close out for $5.29 a piece (cheaper than Udi's and bigger). Sad thing is I think close out means it's going away. :-( So dinner tonight is some Diaya gluten-free pizza! Hopefully they still have some left friday if it's good.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

So I made the Daiya pizza, it says 3 servings on the box....my plan was half tonight and take the other half to work tomorrow for lunch. I don't know what happened to the second half, it just disappeared off my plate.

SMRI Collaborator

Grilling steaks and veges tonight!

Adalaide Mentor

Tonight we're having reruns of the london broil. I'll have to find something to go with it but I'm sure something will come up. Last night I found a dozen or so purple string beans ready in the garden to have with my dinner. It was the first thing out of the garden this year that wasn't mint, which doesn't count. They were delicious. ^_^

Today I'm lightening my hair for summer. I'm pretty excited. I have lots of work to do, but I think I may also take a few hours out to give myself a mani. It's just that kind of day. And I have a pretty new pink skirt from a thrift shop I'm wearing tomorrow so I think pink nails will be perfect. B)

LauraTX Rising Star

Yesterday was gnocchi with just butter and parm, with green beans on the side.  Tonight will be grilled pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes and carrots.  Tomorrow I am making nachos!  I have two teenagers coming to visit me next week so I will have to make more kid friendly food.  Nice to have someone to bake for, though.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

If you're making nachos and baking, I'm coming to visit too!

Tonight I had a salad (loooong day at work, so I went out to eat instead of thinking about cooking). After dinner, I mosied on over to Barnes & Noble....big mistake! I found quite a few gluten free cook books and ended up buying 1, and joining their members club. That first 20% off coupon I get I'm buying more. I finally have a cook book that is 100% gluten-free instead of trying to modify recipes. And it's got bread, tortillas, cakes, muffins, rolls, cookies, biscuits, etc (basically all the gluteny goods) in it, so now I get to go buy some baking stuff! (Yes, I'm a guy excited about baking, what about it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraTX Rising Star

Me bake you stuff?  You bake ME stuff!!!! LOL girls are impressed when a man knows his way around the kitchen!

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

You said you were already gonna be baking, plus I could use the tips on doing it gluten free style before trying to impress the ladies. (Or just 1 in particular)

notme Experienced

Me bake you stuff?  You bake ME stuff!!!! LOL girls are impressed when a man knows his way around the kitchen!

true story :)  the hubs and i like to cook together (pretty sure he just wants to wield the big knife - saves him a trip to the e.r. if he keeps me away from big knives...)

i am still eating leftovers from my nj trip ALTHOUGH last night we made the southern holy grail:  friiiiiiiied chicken (buttermilk and all) it came out great.  french fries and cuke salad <first pick from our garden - just the one, and it was huge.  maybe it ate all the other ones.  the zucchini and yellow squash plants have grown huge, but still no squashes....  unlessss.  that evil cuke...   <_<

Adalaide Mentor

I just bought chicken today to make fried chicken! :D I'm freezing it though and it'll be a little while til I decide to make it. I also got a new waffle iron. My husband freaked a little at the $30 price tag, but it's a nice one and makes 4 at a time so I won't be in the kitchen all freaking day making waffles every time I throw a batch together. We also want to just make a bunch and freeze them to use as toaster waffles for breakfast.

Last night I made chuck tender steaks. I baked them and they were amazing. I made a little gravy from the sauce and some arepas to dip in the gravy. Yum! Tonight my husband wants spaghetti, so that's what we're having. I've given up always making penne pasta and being happy with it. We spring for Barilla now which isn't that expensive and it is great to finally have spaghetti noodles for spaghetti nights. I got some already ready already meatballs that I can just microwave so I don't have to make them. Although when I do make them I've started just using my mini muffin pan and making meat muffins instead of meatballs because it's so much easier.

LauraTX Rising Star

true story :)  the hubs and i like to cook together (pretty sure he just wants to wield the big knife - saves him a trip to the e.r. if he keeps me away from big knives...)

i am still eating leftovers from my nj trip ALTHOUGH last night we made the southern holy grail:  friiiiiiiied chicken (buttermilk and all) it came out great.  french fries and cuke salad <first pick from our garden - just the one, and it was huge.  maybe it ate all the other ones.  the zucchini and yellow squash plants have grown huge, but still no squashes....  unlessss.  that evil cuke...   <_<

HA!  My husband also likes to discourage my use of knives.  What did you bread your fried chicken with?  I use gluten-free bisquik and it turns out good, but there is always room to improve.

Tonight is grilled chicken, sweet potato fries, and green beans.  

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Everyone is all talking bout this good food, and I'm sitting here thinking "it would take too much energy to make just 1 serving of that". Maybe I'm just too lazy.

But any who, today I had some Diaya cheese pizza and added bell peppers, onions, and pepperoni. It was pretty good, but I'm looking forward to havin the time whenever I get another day off work where I don't have 1,000 other things to do to make some pizza from scratch!

kareng Grand Master

Everyone is all talking bout this good food, and I'm sitting here thinking "it would take too much energy to make just 1 serving of that". Maybe I'm just too lazy.

But any who, today I had some Diaya cheese pizza and added bell peppers, onions, and pepperoni. It was pretty good, but I'm looking forward to havin the time whenever I get another day off work where I don't have 1,000 other things to do to make some pizza from scratch!

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just too much effort for 1 or 2 people when you have other things going on. Maybe on a day off? Or cook things that make good left overs?

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just too much effort for 1 or 2 people when you have other things going on. Maybe on a day off? Or cook things that make good left overs?

I don't remember what a day off is lately. Maybe I will be able to figure it out next Tuesday. I cook some things intending leftovers, but then they disappear somehow. :-/ Most leftovers would need a microwave to reheat well, and I don't have one of those.

LauraTX Rising Star

I understand the difficulty cooking for one.  Cooking for just my husband and I gets difficult.  I use the freezer a lot... freeze half a can of tomato sauce, some shreds of cheese, some cut up chicken meat.  Some things freeze better than others but I already pay enough for food, so I continue to save things to keep those costs down :)  That is why I get excited to cook for a group!

SMRI Collaborator

I bought a convection toaster oven to replace my toaster.  It was only $10 more than a toaster so I thought, why not.  I'm really enjoying having that in my kitchen.  It was very hot here yesterday and I broiled pork chops in the toaster oven without heating up the kitchen with the main oven.  It's just the 2 of us so it had plenty of room to cook.  I could easily bake some meat and roast potatoes or something at the same time in there.  We have a great meat market at our grocery store so its easy to get 2 pork chops or 1/2 lb of hamburger or whatever so it makes cooking for 2 a lot easier!!

user001 Contributor

Omlettes tonight! With veggies, but we are fresh out of meat. Hes eating now and I will eat after our swim.

I found a way to step up my curry fried rice, because im obsessed. I cook my rice with coconut milk and it gives it that extra layer of flavor. Extra points, save some for later, cook it even more with more coconut milk and add sugar and add an egg yolk for coconut rice pudding. Make sure you do all that fancy tempering stuff too.

kareng Grand Master

I put a little turkey in the freezer from a few weeks ago. We are having Bisquick turkey pot pie tonight. I add some potatoes to the original recipe. Yum.

Adalaide Mentor

Apparently Dr. Who is getting to my husband. We were going to have salmon but then he started making comments about fish and chips. So we stopped by the store, picked up some white fish and battered it to go with our fries. We had a 4 pack of apple beer to go with it. Perfect. B)

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Today I was looking at urbanspoon trying to find a bakery near me that has gluten free bread, and I found a sandwich shop (lunch only) that has gluten free bread, and a cafe that said they have a gluten free menu. I decided to check out the cafe since I wanted something other than a salad and I didn't want to cook. They didn't have a gluten-free menu printed out, but the server checked with the manager....I knew there was a problem when the manager said "...Mac & cheese is gluten free, and .... Rice contain gluten." Ummmm....do what?? I ended up going with a salad since I was with a friend. :-/

user001 Contributor

I put a little turkey in the freezer from a few weeks ago. We are having Bisquick turkey pot pie tonight. I add some potatoes to the original recipe. Yum.

My bf was talking about this for next week. Do you do biscuits on top?

kareng Grand Master

Apparently Dr. Who is getting to my husband. We were going to have salmon but then he started making comments about fish and chips. So we stopped by the store, picked up some white fish and battered it to go with our fries. We had a 4 pack of apple beer to go with it. Perfect. B)

What do you mean by " apple beer"? Hard cider?

Adalaide Mentor

It isn't beer, or alcoholic at all. I'm not sure why it's called apple beer, but it is. And it's delicious. http://www.applebeer.com/Default.aspx

kareng Grand Master

It isn't beer, or alcoholic at all. I'm not sure why it's called apple beer, but it is. And it's delicious. http://www.applebeer.com/Default.aspx

I have never seen that! Looks great!