• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

IH
Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go buddy go. Happy rebirthday
Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5237 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

ima roast some salmon and make wraps - romaine, red onion, cream cheeze, cucumber and capers.  horseradish dressing :)

ih - you are nutty to multiply birthdays!!!  a very, merry unbirthday to you!!!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5238 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Happy Re-Birthday to YOU :D

Swimming and playing with new friends - I can't think of a better celebration - except them singing to you too! So happy for you dear friend - you deserve this and many more wonderful moments to come - You DID IT! Can't wait to see photo :)

Passed a little milestone of my own today - first midterm in a couple decades and I - wait for it - nailed it - seems once you remove the celi's fog there is a functioning brain in there after all ;)

The little legume trial has been shelved for a bit - lots of meat and a few new squash to try this week - am loving my new produce market - I may walk this time as I don't need to buy as much today - about 3 miles RT which is fine for a bag - not such a great idea when I fill four or five bags!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5239 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Soup and a coffee cake...

#5240 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Soup and a coffee cake...

They whole cake?  :D

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5241 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

They whole cake?  :D

Maaaaaaybeeeeee

I just might.... lol

#5242 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Maaaaaaybeeeeee

I just might.... lol

Yum!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5243 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

So I tried making a crepe out of just flax meal, tapioca starch, and water (and sweet seasonings).

It's edible..... I will get back to you guys when i manage to make it tasty. :D

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5244 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well i just tossed the coffee cake together... and noticed once i put the batter in there was little black specks in the batter. Hmmm... I'm 100% positive its not bugs or whathave you (as the mix had been sealed, and swollen due to altitude). I'm thinking it had to do with the rice flour? Kinda like how there is still some of the hull on white rice some times.

Thoughts?

#5245 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I find that some of the rice flour mixes have little dark brown specks in them. My hub calls them bugs but its just the rice flour.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#5246 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I find that some of the rice flour mixes have little dark brown specks in them. My hub calls them bugs but its just the rice flour.

Thats what i thought. I picked one out and it was so small that there would be no way it could be a bug and kinda brownish. Also in different shapes lol.

#5247 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thats what i thought. I picked one out and it was so small that there would be no way it could be a bug and kinda brownish. Also in different shapes lol.

Yeah. Very Dark brown. I think it's part of the rice.

LTES

#5248 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm sooooooo full. :wacko:

Yeah, the coffee cake was a success. Tweaked the topping a bit by cutting the flour amount in half and adding a bit more butter... Now it tastes more like those crunchy toppings.

Yeah i was bad and had seconds on it. I regret nothing.

I did have a nice beef and cabbage soup before i got into it so i did have a good dinner.

#5249 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

http://glutendude.co...he Gluten Dude)

Lookie what I just read! Our Giraffe Loving Lady made the Gluten Dude's cover - way to go Addie :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5250 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

a couple of Redbridge and some Schar shortbread cookies. They go better with wine but I didn't want to open any.

LTES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: