#5251 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

http://glutendude.co...he Gluten Dude)

Lookie what I just read! Our Giraffe Loving Lady made the Gluten Dude's cover - way to go Addie :D

Yeah, I couldn't resist submitting. Reading all those stories was inspiring. Plus I got me a really great guy!

We had salads tonight with chicken and mushrooms and a little cheese. Very easy, but yummy.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5252 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

So GD broke my phone...well perhaps not...all I know is I tried twice to post a quite witty comment if I do say so myself...and my phone slowed...I turned it off...and on...and then tried to post here....phone needs to rest...hoping it will magically reset in the morn....so I have hopped back on the good old laptop....kitty pissed because she had to scoouuuch over to make room -- yes I use on my lap!  

Goodness...I have forgotten what I originally posted on GD....oh ya...something along the lines of...

Thank you for sharing your story...I too love our purple tongued friends...oh wait...I mean our long necked compadres...oh darn it...perhaps I am unclear....I love Giraffes and your hubby for supporting you....Happy 5th Addie!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5253 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

very sweet story, addie :)  

i think it takes a 'keeper' to put up with our crazy disease - luckily i think most of us have one!

tonight, it's:  MACARONI AND CHEESE!!!!!

(and i am going to make 'regular' pasta for his share - your story made me all gooey inside <and not the *bad* way lolz) 

ps - schar!  are the cookies as good as the bread?  it's a new addition at the grocery store - just the white bread.  been toasting it and spreading (butter, jam, everything) on it.  even ate it plain.  i have seen many (ciabatta!  sourdough!  hoagie rolls!) varieties of it when i visited my sister's in nj and i am just going to go nuts about bread(s) next time i visit  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5254 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

We love the Schar baguettes!  You cook them for a few minutes.  The only cookies I have had are the plain shortbread biscuit thingys.  They are like a plain shortbread tea cookie.  Not very exciting.  Kinnitoos  are by Kinninick and are "Oreos".  Very yummy

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5255 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Half of the coffee cake is gone already....

No belly aches outside of eating too much....

I.... regret.... nothing.

#5256 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

I might have eaten about half of the angel food cake I made in about a day. I also had no regrets. It was just there, staring at me every time I went to the kitchen. And when I wasn't in the kitchen it was there, calling to me, reminding me that it was amazingly delicious and needing to be eaten. What could I do but comply?

Those Oreo things are really good. You have to be careful dunking though or they'll fall off and then you need a spoon, which I was not ready with the first time. I always come armed now though.

Tonight for dinner chicken cheddar bacon ranch sandwiches. My husband got hooked on them when he worked at a Blimpie forever ago. He doesn't want me to feel left out eating mine as a salad so he is stopping on his way home from work to pick up a loaf of Udi's bread for me. :wub: Not that I minded the salad at all, but it is just so super sweet of him to want me to have a sandwich.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5257 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Chicken Chipolte chili with black beans and corn in it.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#5258 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

So I tried making a crepe out of just flax meal, tapioca starch, and water (and sweet seasonings).

It's edible..... I will get back to you guys when i manage to make it tasty. :D

here you go, bunz - this is simona's recipe, i thought it was on this forum, but i can't find the link..  i use lactaid for the rice milk, sometimes sub flours, etc and if you omit the sugar, it will be savory.  the batter is pretty forgiving and this summer i am probably going to adjust it ever so slightly to make funnel cakes.  just fry in deeper oil.  (sometimes i feel like a chemist haha)

My gluten-free crepes (simona)

2 extra large eggs
11/2 cup rice milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ cup white rice
½ cup brown rice
½ cup tapioca starch
Oil for frying.

Mix everything together.

Heat up a 9" non-stick skillet on medium heat. Pure ½ of teaspoon (size of 1 dollar coin) of oil in middle of pan and spread it little be around the skillet. Pure 1/3 cup of mixture on one side of skillet and with the circular motion spread it around the skillet's bottom. Fry it for proximately 1-1 1/2 minutes, or until you will see pink border. Slowly turn the crepe on other side and fry for 30 seconds. Repeat with every crepe. From this amount you will make 8-9 crepes. 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#5259 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Not very hungry this evening. Son, 6, has an asthma flare. we had about 18 months doing ok, but nebulizer and steroids today :(

Hopefully on the men.

Blew my gluten-free soy sauce reintroduction, system, ahem, cleared through.

Fingers crossed he is through the worst.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5260 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hope he's feeling better soon. I had a lot of rough times with that when my oldest was a baby and toddler so I know how stressful it is for everyone, which certainly doesn't help.

Tonight I had battered fish and fried green beans. My day did not go at all as planned and by dinner time cooking was not on the agenda.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5261 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Oh goodness...nothing more scary then when our kids can't pull air in.

Hope he and Mom are much improved while I type.

Hugs.

Hubby making meatloaf for the masses - I jest as we love having a housefull of young adults.

Mashies - reg and two of us having sweet ones.

Tiny peas for them - I'm full on vegies today ;)

Oh wait - forgot - has Irish posted her body surfing with dolphin photogragh yet?

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5262 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Snow on south side of house mostly melted so we can find the grill. Hamburgers and foil packets of potatoes and some carrot sticks.

LTES

#5263 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

On mobile so cant like Karen's post - bbq in the snow is one of my most favorite things!

Ps...robotics regionals at sports arena this weekend..going to stop by and take pictures..unlike stalking cabanas boys ... there I will look like just another Mom : )

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5264 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Saw in the paper that Christchurch is sending a team to the world leggo robotics in Missouri this year, iffen they can raise the funds :) (on short rations the last couple of years :P )

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#5265 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

As I talked to my oldest daughter this week it dawned on me to ask her about her robot team. I remembered her mentioning the first time she was going was on my birthday, which was Jan. 5. She is getting more and more excited now every time she talks about it as there is about a month left. So seeing your little pic every day it finally clicked and I asked her and she is doing the First Robotics thing. She goes on and on and I'm no dummy but it is mostly all over my head. Some of it makes sense, but mostly I'm just happy to listen to her prattle on about something that excites her so much.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: