This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

SMRI Collaborator

The center isn't wanting to bake....it looks pretty though :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

SMRI Collaborator

It was ok.  The crust was sweet and didn't really cook well in the middle.  I would split it into a couple pizzas and make a thinner crust next time. It tasted ok. It was a bit sweet for a pizza crust though.

kareng Grand Master

It was ok.  The crust was sweet and didn't really cook well in the middle.  I would split it into a couple pizzas and make a thinner crust next time. It tasted ok. It was a bit sweet for a pizza crust though.

We like the Chebe mixes. Either the Focaccia or the pizza crust mix. For Pizza crust, we don't add the cheese. I bake it about 10 minutes before I top it.

http://www.chebe.com

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight was grilled pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, and salad.  I thawed out two whole pork tenderloins last night and forgot to put them back in the fridge, found them this morning.  At least they were on sale, haha.  Tossed those and cooked a smaller portion I had in the freezer.  I am about to go frost a king arthur flour gluten-free chocolate cake, one of the relatives staying with me has his 15th birthday tomorrow.  :)  Will be making lasagna tomorrow for dinner.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I am about to go frost a king arthur flour gluten-free chocolate cake, one of the relatives staying with me has his 15th birthday tomorrow. :) Will be making lasagna tomorrow for dinner.

What time is dinner tomorrow?? If I leave soon, I might make it in time.

LauraTX Rising Star

What time is dinner tomorrow?? If I leave soon, I might make it in time.

I need to hook you up with my mother in law, she is the only person I trust to cook for me because she is as anal retentive as I am, LOL.  They live in middle Georgia.  From there to my house you can drive it in a day, but it ain't pretty!  LOL

Adalaide Mentor

I could totally get to Texas in time for dinner tomorrow! Alas, I must work instead. Then come home and cook for myself. <_<

Tonight I took the easy way out, burgers and tots. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my GP to see if I'm anemic again. I'm getting mystery bruises and I'm exhausted 100% of the time. I don't have time for this crap, or time for infusions again, but I guess I'll make time because it beats the alternative of sleeping 12-16 hours a day like I have been the past 2 weeks. This (in plain English) blows. At least last time the infusions straightened me out pretty quick so it should be a simple matter of a blood test then setting up the stupid weekly appointments. As long as I'm better by the first weekend in September for Comic Con. B) No amount of feeling like hell will keep me from John Barrowman. Not even the fires of hell themselves.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SMRI Collaborator

We like the Chebe mixes. Either the Focaccia or the pizza crust mix. For Pizza crust, we don't add the cheese. I bake it about 10 minutes before I top it.

http://www.chebe.com

I'll look for those, thanks.  I bookmarked that page!  I see they have cinnamon rolls too :D.

I could totally get to Texas in time for dinner tomorrow! Alas, I must work instead. Then come home and cook for myself. <_<

Tonight I took the easy way out, burgers and tots. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my GP to see if I'm anemic again. I'm getting mystery bruises and I'm exhausted 100% of the time. I don't have time for this crap, or time for infusions again, but I guess I'll make time because it beats the alternative of sleeping 12-16 hours a day like I have been the past 2 weeks. This (in plain English) blows. At least last time the infusions straightened me out pretty quick so it should be a simple matter of a blood test then setting up the stupid weekly appointments. As long as I'm better by the first weekend in September for Comic Con. B) No amount of feeling like hell will keep me from John Barrowman. Not even the fires of hell themselves.

A friend of mine is at Cosmic Con in CA right now.  She' having a blast and we are watching from afar on Facebook.  Her daughter got to meet Kiefer Sutherland :D  I just finished watching his 24 series.

IrishHeart Veteran

We had chebe pizza last night, K :)

garlic olive oil, fresh toms, BACON, sauteed shallots, 3 cheeses: provolone, mozz and parm-reggiano.

This week was;

(1)french onion soup (Karen's fave kitchen gadget style) it was truly awesome--I used Stephanie O'Dea's recipe as the base. Added sherry. instead of floating bread and cheese and putting it under the broiler the old school way, I just made some quick garlic crostinis with Against the Grain baguettes and melted some cheese on it and stuck the bread wedge in the soup. ^_^not exactly Julia Child style, but it worked for us.

(2) white bean chili

(3) roasted chicken, sweet potatoes and sauteed swiss chard

(4) recycled the rest of the chicken for chicken enchiladas with salsa verde, black beans and rice

(5) pork tenderloin with fig jam glaze, okra with tomatoes and bacon and applesauce

(6) scallops and shrimp on the grill, mushroom risotto and haricots verts

(7) pot roast--in the crock. K, I love that stupid thinger

tonight, we're having "appetizers and booze"  :D Got some peeps coming and they said "it's too hot to cook, don't fuss!' well, it's no fuss to make

crostinis with goat cheese and marinated roasted red peppers

shrimp cocktail

stuffed mushrooms

blue cheese dip with assorted crudites

melon and proscuitto

prosecco, craft beers and various wines to match

think that's enough? lol

and I do believe one of the dinner peeps is at ComicCon right now..........

Adalaide Mentor

Yup! She keeps updating on facebook. I'm so jealous. I've always thought that one day I may get there. Then we got our Salt Lake Comic Con, which was the largest inaugural Con and with the spring attendance became the third largest in the country. I'm not entirely sure I have so much to be jealous about... but it IS the San Diego Con which is legendary.

Adalaide Mentor

Not sure yet if I'm going to cook tonight or not. At the market I'm on the side of the sidewalk that's inside the park, so I always show up first thing so I get my stuff moved into my spot before the street side vendors get there. It would be awkward trying to get my stuff through them. Usually I have an entire hour and a half after I set up to myself and I sit and read. This morning instead of being an antisocial freak I spent the entire time chatting with my neighbors. I also didn't take enough sitting breaks and really did a number on my stupid, useless leg. <_< But I had loads of fun and enjoyed my day. Plus I wore a sleeveless shirt so I could even out my farmer's tan so I'm feeling pretty awesome about that too. B) Now if only I could do something about my blindingly white legs.

Anyway. I'm not up to cooking so I already told my husband he's on his own. I did stop on the way home to pick up some vodka to turn the leftover mint into extract. I discovered 360 vodka, which is American made "hippie" vodka. It's all eco-friendly and crap. My husband will be so thrilled. <-- sarcasm :lol: He makes fun of me for being a little hippie-ish. And I brought home some yellow squash with me that a neighbor was selling. If I get ambitious I'll do something with a squash for myself. If not, I have a bowl full of some sort of yellow melon I cut up (can't remember what kind) and I have two kinds of ice cream in the freezer. I'm quite sure I'll survive just fine on those. ^_^

I hope everyone is having as awesome a weekend as me. I'm counting down the minutes until my husband is home and I can turn on Dr. Who.

Adalaide Mentor

Also, I didn't look at the ingredients but they make a glazed donut vodka. I've never wished more than at the moment I was staring at that bottle that I actually still drank. It sounds amazing.

SMRI Collaborator

I was on the road all day yesterday.  I had 1/2 of a baked potato from Wendy's for lunch and ate at Olive Garden for dinner.  I had their gluten-free pasta.  No idea if they handle food properly but the waitress did say "salad with no croutons, right?".

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

the waitress did say "salad with no croutons, right?".

That tells me either she gets a lot of gluten free people, or she is actually knowledgeable of the gluten free diet. We hope for the latter.

beth01 Enthusiast

Tomorrow I am making strawberry rhubarb applesauce and home made chicken dumpling soup ( a rather large batch so I can freeze some, I have ten pounds of chilcken lol and a 20 quart soup pot.  I might be a busy girl.  My baby is going to Boy Scout camp the next two nights so it will be me and my daughter.  She needs to learn to cook sometime since she can't rely on convenience.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Send me some of the applesauce!

beth01 Enthusiast

8-10 pounds ( two bags of apples) peeled and cored.  Cube and put into crock pot.  I add one frozen bag of strawberries, and two cups of rhubarb.  Then add in cinnamon to taste ( a few tablespoons), 2/3 cup of agave and a 1/4 cup of honey.  Cook on low for about 6 hours, stir and eat.  YUMMY stuff.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I didn't want the recipe, I wanted you to send me a couple jars of it!

beth01 Enthusiast

Send me the ingredients and jars and I will send you the finished product..

mail it to...

801 Make Your Own Lane

Puppy Dog Eyes Don't Work On Me, WI

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

8675309...I can't remember the rest of the song. Lol

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Skillet lasagna, salad, and watermelon tonight.

I'm really loving the skillet lasagna concept. I made it in my wok. :)

kareng Grand Master

Send me the ingredients and jars and I will send you the finished product..

mail it to...

801 Make Your Own Lane

Puppy Dog Eyes Don't Work On Me, WI

Lol!

Tonight we had grilled salmon with grilled pineapple salsa, smushed red skin potatoes, corn salad and some sea salt caramel gelato!

LauraTX Rising Star

Yall crack me up!  Tonight was chicken alfredo with peas and garlic bread.  Funny when the gluten eaters eat my gluten-free garlic bread and then start questioning me on its gluten-free-ness, LOL!

GottaSki Mentor

Hi De Ho Dinner Thread Peeps!

Fantastic weekend...was able to spend two full days at Comic-Con (first time in past three years my body has allowed that and I am extremely thankful)...only had two close calls from heat which the air conditioned rooms with water coolers for each panel rectified. Most notable changes these past few years are the costumes....for years most of the homemade costumes were more like pretty good Halloween costumes...now thousands of folks are wearing costumes that are as good or better (certainly more creative) than the folks hired to dress up. Thankful my son got to dress up during the years that his homemade efforts were greatly appreciated by the smaller crowds. He's all business these past few years...four solid days in panels learning the business end of writing and drawing from current writers and artists along with history lessons from many of the folks that spent a lifetime in the business.

Dinner tonight was grass fed roast beast....trying to budget the pampered meat into my shopping for the family missions as much as possible these days ;). Hubs threw in the oven with carrots and potatoes (sweet potatoes for me) and it was yummy!

GottaSki Mentor

8675309...I can't remember the rest of the song. Lol

"Jenny, Jenny I got your number."