9633 replies to this topic

#5296 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I usually opt for the easy ones...but last few years I couldn't eat the ones all ready to throw in the crock....if anyone is reading along -- I do not believe there was any gluten in the corned beefs I have purchased...I just reacted to some other item used to turn them into corned beef!

And I just read all the grocery store ads...I do miss thowing a few inexpensive corned beef roasts in the freeze during the super duper St. Patty's sales!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5297 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

I inherited a new counter in the kitchen. Because it is below the dishes and such that aren't mine, and I am super paranoid, I felt like I needed covers for my appliances before they migrated over. I also wasn't about to spend $50+ on a toaster and mixer cover. Holy crap they're expensive! So, I made my own. This is the fruits of an afternoon of labor.
a84b5256-d731-49e7-a6cb-d4f51cb4182c_zps

Super adorable! I'm not sure my MIL was thrilled when I told her they would be giraffe print, but because they are tan and brown they won't show stains much and it seemed practical. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

We're doing encore pork loin for dinner tonight. I think I'll do some roasted asparagus for me and roasted taters for him. I'm beat from hours of sewing and have a thing to go to tonight still.

Very cute!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5298 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Wish I could. After the afternoon spent sewing I realize that sewing is not a hobby to take lightly in my future. Really did me in!

That corned beef sounds good! I should have thought of getting one. I may take the easy way out and just pick one up at the store and throw it in the crock pot Sunday.

:(   *sniff* Ok......

Or I could you know, just make some myself..... :rolleyes:

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5299 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

:(   *sniff* Ok......

Or I could you know, just make some myself..... :rolleyes:

All I did was google how to make a KitchenAid mixer cover when I saw the price of the darn things. I had to borrow a sewing machine.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5300 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Poor man's baked potato (microwave) scrambled egg, avocado. Bright sunshine and sleet here today. This time last year it was warm enough to be on the beach. Spring now please :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5301 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Saturday was mini corn dog muffins bites

Sunday was sausage with mac n cheese

Monday I made pork chops and applesauce (homemade) with garlic smashed potatoes and french cut green beans

Tuesday was pasta with roasted garlic and cheese Italian sausage and homemade sauce

Tonight my husband is making us steak, mashed sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts

#5302 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Tonight we popped a can of Christmas George (ham) and baked some taters in the microwave and I roasted some asparagus. I even managed gravy for the taters. It took all of 15 minutes to make and was super delicious.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5303 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Indoor BBQ sauced chicken, stir fry Teryaki onion, green beans and carrots and Chebe cheese rolls.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5304 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I like Karen's better...

so I ate way too many vegies all day...forgot to pack protein when I left house at 645am...returned home starving so I downed some more vegies cuz they were easy to throw in a bowl with pork bone broth I had simmering on stove.

dinner for me was steak and chicken.

men and sissy had steak and chicken tacos.

all happy...thanks hubby :)

think there is a touch of choc mousse left...see you manana.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5305 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

No idea what dinners gonna be, probably some sort of samwhich with an apple.

However i have plans for reintroducing spinage (and by proxey alfedo sauce) into my diet this weekend. Its been, what, since octoberish since i had it last soooo....

#5306 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Salads, chicken and roasted potatoes. As long as he doesn't get tired of this potato thing I think I'll just keep them coming.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5307 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Mmmm spinach. Good luck with that one SIW. I have just got back into it and like throwing a handful in at the end of a stirfry to make a kind of sauce.

Addy, I think you must get a persistence award on the vegetable front :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5308 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Still angry this morning :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last night was some really yummy parsnip garlic fries my hubby made me -- unfortunately I ate them ice cold because son had a late lab at college so I ran over to pick him up after running errands for my folks and sister.....son got down to the parking lot without his bike :( -- I knew right away - F**K - sorry all -- it was my "Black Beauty" Specialized Hybrid and the only road bike I can ride right now because my shoulders and wrists won't let me ride racing bike.....oh and by the by -- Hubby's jobsite got hit on Sunday night - we lost hundreds in power tools and the site lost thousands in materials -- I HATE THIEVES!!!!  Ok, rant done...for now ;)

Dinner tonight will be huge hamburgers on udi's bun and I am going to eat the flipping bun - well maybe.  Another batch of parsnip fries -- they were good cold so I am going for a re-do to get them while they are hot.

Large batch of sinful brownies will also be made -- younger son heading out backpacking for a week so I must provide the necessities :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5309 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

It's Friday (Lent) so seafood is on our menu.
Today we are having shrimp, rice pilaf and salad.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5310 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

What the hell kind of person steals a freakin bike? I'm sorry. :angry: And don't be sorry, I'm pretty sure the reactions would be mostly the same most of the way around. Maybe they'll catch the jerk and find your bike.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: