9581 replies to this topic

#5326 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks guys (well, you know what I mean). I am not too sad about soy. I will try the coconut aminos. I hope I can do soy lecithins, I have found a chocolate which is gluten, dairy, nut and egg free but has soy lecithins. The odd square of chocolate would be nice.

Easter George sounds good :)

Dinner is roast chicken, jacket potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5327 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm thinking of picking up a small ham for myself for easter. Any suggestions on the brand? I can always make my own glaze, so thats no big deal. :)

It sounds soooo good, but hopefully my stomach will let me have it (the grease gets to it).

#5328 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Crazy (and totally wrong) Irish toast I saw recently. Given the proclivity for the Irish to have celiac (so much so that they dub it "celtic disease") I find it bizarrely ironic. (but I have a twisted sense of humor as you know)

Knew you guys would find it funny.Cheers!

"Rye bread will do you good,

Barley bread will do you no harm,

Wheaten bread will sweeten your blood,

Oaten bread will strengthen your arm."

er, nope.  :blink: 

LMAO  :lol:

Thanks for the giggle...perhaps I'll add this at the end of the Irish Blessing I was planning on  :P

First Corned Beef that I prepared all the way from scratch...when he popped out of the brine crock he looked and smelled just right -- now --- hmmm, let's call him "Pat" is bathing in beer and seasonings in the crockpot -- smelling great here.  Hubby will take care of the potatoes and cabbage -- and I made a sinful triple chocolate cake that I will frost with minty icing -- one son challenged me to make a cake in the shape of a shamrock earlier in the week...so the base layer will be large circle with the second layer carved into a shamrock...going to play with the decorating === fun!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone :)

Edited to add:

598973_10151803686053574_2042111636_n.jp

Edited by GottaSki, 17 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5329 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Lisa, that looks yummy!!!!  And so spring-y with the yellow daffodils. 

To go with encore roast beef from last night I made poutine with delicious lactose-free mozzarella that actually is cheese - not soy or any other product masquerading as cheese.

Honey roasted carrots and more Eton Mess from last night.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5330 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

This guy made me smile...threw the pieces left over from the clover into a pan with the left over frosting...

Have a great week everyone!

6702_10151804114638574_829105249_n.jpg

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5331 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

That is almost too adorable to eat! Except the chocolate part. That gets me every time.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5332 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

SKI!!

Holy mackeral!! that cake is awesome. We can add cake decorator to your many mad skills. Cool beans, little sister! I cracked up yesterday when my friend's 96 year old mom licked the spoon, her fingers and the plate !! after she finished her piece of flourless chocolate cake. Talk about enjoying the crap out of every single moment. I hope to be her when I grow up. We had a great day with our friends.

SHADOW

I buy Boar's Head ham. They make smaller cuts, too--boneless, spiral, etc.--so you do not have to eat it for the rest of your life. :lol:

Even the glaze is gluten-free, and it is pretty good,  but I prefer my own. 

LOVE2

I have never had Eton mess, but I am sure I would love it. Hope your Bday was super-perfect. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Tonight, we're having roasted chicken with this on it:

http://tropicalpeppe...sp?idProduct=90

yup, IH is on vaca and taking the "ready-made road". (gasp!) ...hey .this stuff rocks!!!!!!!!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5333 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

So IH, did you buy a whole case of that??

Thinkin I might try out mango next :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5334 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Tonight is cabbage and noodles from the leftover corned beef and cabbage.

#5335 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'll have to look into it :)

I am a sucker for the bone in ones though... its bad i know but i enjoy the skin and fat.... Bad bad bad for my GERD friendly diet.

What i like to do is take a little honey and use it either as a glaze or dipping sauce. You can also add cinnamon to it if ya want.

#5336 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Errand day, so lazy day. Leftovers for me. Apparently my husband doesn't like corned beef. Who ever heard of such a thing? Oh well, he picked up a frozen pizza while we ran errands and that is his dinner. Now tomorrow I can sleep until I wake up. No alarms.

That mango sauce looks SO GOOD!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5337 NoGlutenJose

NoGlutenJose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm having left over Cornbeef and Cabbage

72794_10151540578225056_2138755134_n.png

followed up by an absolutely mind blowing chocolate cake with pumpkin and chocolate frosting

644315_10151527833450056_1856217731_ne.j

#5338 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Jose, just for the record, when you put pictures of cake like that, you are

required by board rules to describe it's deliciousness in detail, and also

provide a recipe. Ok, that's not a board rule, but it should be!

So Addy's cheese bread turned into crepes? Makes great burrito wrapper!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5339 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

My husband smoked a brisket and we cooked some green beans and potatoes in the pressure cooker to go with it.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5340 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

You chefs and your exquisite meals...

Rice... my stomach no longer likes me at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: