#5341 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

That cake looks amazing!

Also, burrito wraps is a brilliant idea. I should try that.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5342 koz158

koz158

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Chicken and artichoke hearts with feta cheese and Greek peppers.

1/4 extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3 anchovies
5 cloves of garlic
1 lemon for zesting
1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts
1 lb chicken (tenderloin strips) cubed

Olive oil and butter in small sauce pan with anchovies over med-low heat. As butter melts mash anchovies with wood spoon until a paste. Once oil begins to bubble, remove from heat and add garlic (finely chopped or crushed) and lemon zest.

Set oven to broil.

Combine chicken and artichokes in rimmed baking pan, adding seasalt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil over chicken. Mix well. Place in oven and stir occasionally. Chicken should be done in 15 to 20.

Serve in a bowl (over gluten-free pasta might be nice) with feta chease and peppers.

Serves 2

PS - Never use your phone to post recipies... silly text prediction
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Light up the darkness.

#5343 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

So i put out a roast to thaw. I'm thinking of doing something different other than my soups, so planning on cutting it up and cooking up the pieces with a side of veggie. Now what to season it with. I may just do some salt and Pepper.

Good idea?

Any ideas on how to keep it tender? I know cooking it when its room temp and at a lower temp, but thats about it.

#5344 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

What type of roast?  How much does it weigh? 

I would roast the roast -- then cut it into little pieces to use in a variety of ways.

Salt and pepper is all we use regularly on my meat -- I do use dried herbs and garlic as well if you have them lying around.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5345 NoGlutenJose

NoGlutenJose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Jose, just for the record, when you put pictures of cake like that, you are

required by board rules to describe it's deliciousness in detail, and also

provide a recipe. Ok, that's not a board rule, but it should be!

haha no problem

Ingredients

1 can of Libby’s pumpkin
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup apple sauce
5 eggs
3 cups flour mix
2 tsp xanthan gum if flour mix does not contain xanthan gum
3 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger for a spiced cake
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350*

• You will need 2 large mixing bowls one for wet ingredients and for dry.

• To make your flour mix I used 4 cups white rice flour, 1 1/2 cup potato starch, 2/3 cup tapioca starch mixed up into a large canister mix well and measure out your 3 cups. You can use premixes as well.

• Dry: SIFT (very important to sift it gives the cake air) flour into your dry mixing bowl with xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add salt and now whisk all dry ingredients to combine.

• Wet: in your 2nd bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, apple sauce and oil into your stand mixer or mixing bowl and beat to combine. Add eggs one at a time until mixture is runny and all ingredients are combined.

• Add the dry mix into your wet ingredients. This mixture will be very thick almost so the spoon can stand up in the bowl.

• In 2 greased cake pans split batter into 2 and spread. Place pans into a 350* oven and bake for about half an hour. Check cakes with a toothpick, toothpick will come out clean when cakes are done.

Allow to cool before frosting.

Frosting is made by whipping together

2 8oz packages of cream cheese (I used pumpkin pie spiced cream cheese)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
Spread in the middle and top of the cake
1 also used 8oz dark chocolate Philadelphia’s indulgence cream cheese spread for the top and sides.

Allow cake to chill for half an hour to one hour so cream cheese can set up.

I got this recipe from here http://clippingoutgl...heese-frosting/

#5346 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Taco salad

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5347 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yummy - Welcome Jose :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5348 NoGlutenJose

NoGlutenJose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Lisa :) the community here is very nice. Although looking at all these food pictures and recipes is making me hungry lol

#5349 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's the basic idea of this thread...we all talk food and general conversation -- much like we would if we were dining in each other's homes -- my husband likes to lurk in this thread because we both cook -- he just doesn't post -- that's a good point -- if there is anyone else reading along...

What are you having for dinner tonight?

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5350 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

That's the basic idea of this thread...we all talk food and general conversation -- much like we would if we were dining in each other's homes -- my husband likes to lurk in this thread because we both cook -- he just doesn't post -- that's a good point -- if there is anyone else reading along...

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Indeed.

I've decided to cook it up like ya would with beef strips used in wraps.

#5351 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

oops forgot to mention dinner...

Tri Tip on the Q

Zu noodles for me - angel hair with lots of garlic and butter for the men

Broccoli

They are still working on minty fudge cake for dessert -- I am having a few M&Ms -- small amounts of soy seem to be ok -- I am whispering that because last time I bragged about my red lentil experiment I got schooled the next day ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5352 NoGlutenJose

NoGlutenJose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Coconut Shrimp ontop of yellow rice..mango sauce on the side...hopefully haha

z6L0Ocq.jpg

#5353 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lisa, you know Enjoy Life chocolate has no soy, right? :rolleyes:

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5354 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lisa, you know Enjoy Life chocolate has no soy, right? :rolleyes:

yep...but I miss M&Ms ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5355 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Coconut Shrimp ontop of yellow rice..mango sauce on the side...hopefully haha

z6L0Ocq.jpg

Pictures and recipes are not required...although quite beautiful...many of us do enjoy the chat part of this thread -- occasional pics are fun but not necessary.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: