Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5357 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Soup was made instead. Its simmering at the moment.

#5358 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Soup is good food ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5359 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I realized while I was on my way to the eye doctor that I forgot to get dinner out of the freezer. So, Costco chicken since we were going there anyway, with roasted taters and bread. OMG the most amazing bread. If you saw someone squealing like a little girl in your local Costco this evening over gluten free bread, that was me.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5360 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

hey...what was that i heard?  high pitched squealing :D

nothing deserves a squeal as much as great gluten-free bread. 

ps...I am not a TROLL....all other mods are off having fun so I am attached to my keyboard tonight...good thing I finally got my laptop working!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5361 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

For some reason i cannot do those chickens (i've only had Sams clubs ones, labeled gluten-free). They give me the worst bellyaches. :(

#5362 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I do not take those chickens at all for granted. I count my lucky stars every time I have one. I just sort of panicked when I realized that my planned dinner was still in the freezer. I guess I know what I'll have tomorrow at least. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5363 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Glad you had an easy dinner Addie.

I can't do those chickens YET -- my celi kids can -- Grandparents buy them and throw them towards my door knowing it is easy food for the teens regularly grazing at my home - and I am grateful every time.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5364 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Glad you had an easy dinner Addie.

I can't do those chickens YET -- my celi kids can -- Grandparents buy them and throw them towards my door knowing it is easy food for the teens regularly grazing at my home - and I am grateful every time.

Bahahaha!! This just makes me envision some cartoony old people throwing a chicken at a door to a house and just as it falls onto the front step the door opens and then a host of hungry children fall up on the chicken like ravenous wolves. Pretty much sums up feeding hungry teens.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5365 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bahahaha!! This just makes me envision some cartoony old people throwing a chicken at a door to a house and just as it falls onto the front step the door opens and then a host of hungry children fall up on the chicken like ravenous wolves. Pretty much sums up feeding hungry teens.

Sadly not far off.  I always point out when we are watching zombie shows....how similar zombies are to hungry young men....they will even push their girls aside for food!

ps...then apologize to said girls when mom slaps them upside the head - lovingly ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5366 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Why is it the simplest soups taste the best? Salt, pepper, beef, olive oil (for cooking beef), and some carrots.

#5367 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

cuz it really is good food when done simply.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5368 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

I realized while I was on my way to the eye doctor that I forgot to get dinner out of the freezer. So, Costco chicken since we were going there anyway, with roasted taters and bread. OMG the most amazing bread. If you saw someone squealing like a little girl in your local Costco this evening over gluten free bread, that was me.

The squeal heard as far away as Florida! yaay!! .  :lol:  I missed something, I'm sure--- but what bread was it that made you so excited?

Costco chicken is safe, then.... good to know.

Last night, we had amazingly succulent stone crab claws, roasted asparagus and the last encore piece of flourless chocolate cake. I let the big guy have most of it (the night before, I was awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night from those pesky high histamines. ack!)

So, gang---I met another GFreer at the local cafe and we invited her to eat lunch with us. She had never met a fellow celiac. (makes us sound like a rare exotic species, doesn't it?) :lol: We could have talked all afternoon, but suffice to say, she was happy to chat with someone who "gets it". She had nasty muscle pain so bad, she was bed ridden. Figured it out and is better after 3 years. Another warrior princess. I suggested she hop on the c.com boat.  

Headed for the beach, but I send my profound sympathies to those getting snow today. I dread returning north in two weeks blech and. ugh!

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING, EVERYONE!! xx 

happy-spring-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5369 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

happy-spring-smiley-emoticon.gif

This one is too fun not to copy...

Happy Spring Everyone :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5370 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Mac and cheese... I'm n the middle of midterms at the moment, i need some comfort food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: