• 5,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Steak

Sharp Cheddar Mac and Cheese - non vegie eating sis coming for dinner

Something green - not for the Sis ;)

a bit of the smiley puzzle piece cake left for them for dessert

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5372 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

I found bread from The Essential Baking Company. Never heard of them before. I posted some nonsense about it over in the products section. I don't know if anyone remembers that kind of whole wheat bread that was full of like sunflower seeds and other seeds and oats and all that? Well, this is kinda like that but minus the oats. It is full of all sorts of seeds and stuff but still soft and fluffy. You can actually put your hand on top of the whole loaf and squish it down a little. :o Oh, and you buy it shelf stable for something like 4 months (mine is good til July) and no preservatives. Best part? We paid $8 for TWO LOAVES!!! I'm still walkin on sunshine.

Still sounds like Florida is agreeing with you. Hopefully we'll have a new friend here soon.

Mac and cheese sounds perfect, I may have to make some. Our plan is for chicken cheddar bacon ranch salads. But I suppose that mac and cheese could go with that right?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5373 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

bacon

mac & cheese

are both universal food....they go with everything and quite nicely together

hmmmm......perhaps a touch of RBJ on our vegies tonight :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5374 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Steak

Sharp Cheddar Mac and Cheese - non vegie eating sis coming for dinner

Something green - not for the Sis ;)

a bit of the smiley puzzle piece cake left for them for dessert

:lol: I've never tried that combo before (steak and M&C). Generally when i do a Steak its normally just said steak with a veggie.

I found bread from The Essential Baking Company. Never heard of them before. I posted some nonsense about it over in the products section. I don't know if anyone remembers that kind of whole wheat bread that was full of like sunflower seeds and other seeds and oats and all that? Well, this is kinda like that but minus the oats. It is full of all sorts of seeds and stuff but still soft and fluffy. You can actually put your hand on top of the whole loaf and squish it down a little. :o Oh, and you buy it shelf stable for something like 4 months (mine is good til July) and no preservatives. Best part? We paid $8 for TWO LOAVES!!! I'm still walkin on sunshine.

Still sounds like Florida is agreeing with you. Hopefully we'll have a new friend here soon.

Mac and cheese sounds perfect, I may have to make some. Our plan is for chicken cheddar bacon ranch salads. But I suppose that mac and cheese could go with that right?

Remove the ranch from that salad and i'd eat it.

Mac and cheese would go nicely with that.

#5375 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think by now, we all know this....bacon goes with everything!!

ADDY

The warm sunshine, ocean air and seeing my best friend does indeed agree with me....more than I can adequately say.

The constant muscle/joint/bone pain level I deal with daily? Well, it went from an "ok, I'm smiling through the pain because no one likes a whiner level" 7 to a" holy crap, this doesn't make me wanna rip my own legs and arms off" level  4. :lol:  Sun? Vit D? Not freezing cold and gray in the great northeast for months? Not sitting at the laptop hunched over for 5 hours a day? maybe a combo factor? who knows?

I'LL TAKE IT......  and we looked at new construction today.....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5376 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Tonight its not very exciting lol. Leftover chicken and bag of frozen veggies. I usually am very experimental and weird with what I cook: I will eat anything as long as its healthy and gluten-free.

#5377 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Dinner doesn't have to be exciting. Our salads are just converted from the sandwiches my husband used to love and got addicted to during his short stint at Blimpie. I'm not even cooking chicken, we're going to use the leftover Costco chicken. I suppose I still have to cook though if I want my mac & cheese. OMG though... I got stuck in this stupid thing that is taking forever and haven't been able to get away to eat yet.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5378 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

:wacko: I ate too much..... but it was so good....

#5379 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

We had shepherds pie

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5380 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Last week I had a few overripe bananas from my basket so I decided to make banana bread. (This was after my trial and discovering I can in fact eat bananas. YAY!!!) My first try was tasty, but didn't turn out as.... bread. My second attempt I used the minimum amount of bananas called for, added a little xanthum gum. I was going to look up how much to use for the amount of flour but then was in the kitchen and ready to add it and just went with 1/2 tsp. I also threw in a little cinnamon for good measure. It came out perfect! Isn't really a dinner thing, but it has been our dessert for two nights. This is the recipe I used, I only make half at a time though. http://www.musingsof...nana-bread.html

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5381 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'll be busy tonight when my husband gets home from work. So I'll have a salad ready for him and a burger ready for him to grill and he'll be all set. I suppose if he wants something more he can nuke a "baked" potato and put some bacon and ranch on it or something. I'll have the same thing, just much later after I get off the phone. And we'll follow up with a late snack/dessert of more banana bread. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5382 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Leftovers for me.

#5383 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Something soft and squishy as I had a LONG dental appointment today.  :(  So, I had Eggs Benedict and fresh blackberries.  Tomorrow will be a vastly different story.   :)

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5384 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Something soft and squishy as I had a LONG dental appointment today.  :(  So, I had Eggs Benedict and fresh blackberries.  Tomorrow will be a vastly different story.   :)

That sounds like a perfectly splendid dinner after a day at the dentist.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5385 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Dinner is salmon tonight, cooked yesterday.

I managed to get myself a great whack on the head Wednesday, quick er trip. Not too bad, cut and big bruise, and some shock. So I had a sweet tea, bit of chocolate. That started up the sugar addiction thing. I had a bit more chocolate, 2 small merrangues (sp!!) and now I am wiped out and have D. Taken immodium, so who knows what happens next.

Looks like no desserts here for a good while.

Very excited about certain people looking at new constructions....
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: