#5386 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

MW

OUCH!! I hate those noggin whacks. Are you okay?? Did you look like this when it happened? :wacko: Poor babe.

I have hit my head more times than I should admit. Open cabinets doors left open, misjudging the height/depth of something, that sort of thing.

I blame gluten head. It has not happened in a while (I said that and then, spit for good luck as surely it will happen now)

Hope you feel better soon.xx

We're having good old burgers tonight. Fresh corn. (yes, corn is A-OKAY for me! ) and that's it.

Too many carbs, not enough weight loss going on. I know, it's vacation, but I have been very, very naughty. :lol: waddle, waddle....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5387 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Awww, you're poor noggin! Hope you feel better soon. Last time I did that I had been horsing around with my husband in bed, like good old fashioned horseplay like 8 year olds indulge in. Then WHAM! my head and the headboard had a meeting and I saw stars and blacked out for a second. Try explaining that to the ER staff and getting them to believe it wasn't something naughty.  :P Hopefully you at least had a good story for the ER staff!

No one will give second thought to a muumuu in Florida. Bring on the desserts! Also, make friends with ducks and people will take less notice of your waddle. 

I forgot I was working this afternoon and didn't make dinner plans so I have no idea what we're eating. My husband wasn't scheduled today but got a text last night asking him to go in today, which is generally awesome for the money. Not so awesome for pawning dinner off on him. There is some pepperoni in the fridge, maybe pizzadillas? And I have a little cauliflower left that I could turn into buffalo cauliflower. It would almost be like having a vegetable. I'm still too scared for broccoli  I'm just going to carve it up and freeze it tonight. Everything dark green scares me since spinach is what set me off.  :ph34r: Maybe I should just feed it to my bunny.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5388 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

:lol:

Thanks Addie!!!  Irish waddling with ducks in a muumuu....I may need to waddle on down there and join in the fun.  Corn!!! Wahoo IH - me too :)  I ate popcorn this morning with butter - OMGoodness - I have missed popped corn!  So far so good.

So yesterday was good and bad but very long.  Mom is finally settled back home after 38 days in the hospital -- I know she is glad...but heck I am too - have been wearing a groove in the road between my house and the hospital lately.  Was pooped when I finally got home after getting them all situated -- hubby made a lovely meal and then stepped in it -- the DA - turned down VIP seats at the California Speedway for Sunday  :o  :blink:  :wacko: I took a sip o' zin and says -- ah honey - why would you turn down those tixs?  He says -- been there done that -- ok we did indeed live infield for 5 or 6 seasons when the speedway first opened -- highlight was our second to last season -- we cut the sample PIT/GARAGE passes off the fencing surrounding the garage area -- threw them over our regular infield credentials and sat on the pit wall for the entire race -- it was Jimmy Johnson's very first win as a cup driver -- in victory lane -- hubby shouts out to Jimmy as he's doing the hat dance (pics with hat of each sponsor) "Hey Jimmy - how about one for your fans!" and Jimmy tossed the hat straight to hubs -- awesome day.   Sorry for rambling back story -- so last night he says been there - done that and I was  :blink: -- we have never been in the VIP lounge for a race -- if you haven't guessed by now I had more fun talking with drivers, crew chiefs and pit crews than he did -- how can you turn down a free luxury box -- I love my honey and he is the best -- but today he is firmly planted in the DA catagory  :wacko: - tomorrow he'll be back in the wonderful hubby box  :wub:

Oh dinner -- chicken tacos for them  -- chicken and vegies for me.

PS...Feel better CMw -- my man and one son seem to feel their way around the world with their heads -- theirs are very hard -- mine not so much - I hit it and it hurts!!!  kick your heals up and watch something funny 'til your head feels good once again.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5389 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

What kind of..... well I'd call my husband a DA too..... does that?!?!  :blink: I'm practically speechless, and that takes a real feat of monumental dumassery. (Its a word.)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5390 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thanks everyone :)
entirely my own fault, trying to do a job too quickly. When moving shelves, I advise moving the stuff off the top shelf first.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5391 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thanks everyone :)
entirely my own fault, trying to do a job too quickly. When moving shelves, I advise moving the stuff off the top shelf first.

This had me laughing. I recently cleaned and rearranged three sets of four shelves and had a near miss due to thinking I could move a shelf down a notch with stuff on it. :ph34r: I'm laughing with you, I swear! (You're laughing right?)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5392 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Pork... its not agreeing with me.

#5393 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Laughing now :)

Cringing with embarassment at the ER....

Wait, I missed the corn reintroduction woohoo!!

I was going to try it today, but after my sugar and Imodium exploits this week I think I will go for a bit of recovery time first.

Sorry to hear about pork IW :(

An exciting weekend of clearing mould caused by condensation ahead here...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5394 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

...now, that does sound exciting!  mould clearing...wow....wish I lived closer so I could come and help!

(just teasing --as I know laughter heals boo-boos) ;) Up watching the sunrise and your post made me giggle.xx

Going for some type of fish tonight (shellfish for the hubs) --we'll see what's fresh at the ironically named New England Fish Market nearby

and the asparagus looks inviting at the produce stand (probably be roasted)

That sweet corn was awesome. Hope it does not bite me on the behind.

It's coming to you, too MW...hang in there!!

Have a good weekend, all! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5395 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Woke with a fun thought - cabana boys are much easier to keep in ready supply in Florida ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5396 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Woke with a fun thought - cabana boys are much easier to keep in ready supply in Florida ;)

you ain't kiddin' sister........ ;)

and plenty o' spaces for building a G F compound....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5397 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Mmmm gator burgers

(and a nice view...)

#5398 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

loads of sportfishing for my honey....this has definite possibility 

will have to add - dock with several kayaks, a small sail boat and a six pack (big enough for six peeps to fish comfortably or a dozen to booz cruise in style) power boat to our check list

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5399 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Being a nondrinker, I suppose I must learn to sail and be our designated.... um... sailor? driver? something like that. At least I'll earn my keep.

You can make burgers out of gators? OMG! We'll all have matching purses in no time!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5400 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Being a nondrinker, I suppose I must learn to sail and be our designated.... um... sailor? driver? something like that. At least I'll earn my keep.

You can make burgers out of gators? OMG! We'll all have matching purses in no time!

Booze Cruise is just a nick name -- all ages and beverage types allowed/required? to join in the relaxing sunset cruises.  

PS...I don't think anyone is going to wrestle the wheelhouse away from my honey - except during the fishy trips...but those are in the wee hours of the morning while we are resting up for other fun activities.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: